Login

russian armor

No sound for stuka dive bomb at all very often in team games

4 May 2017, 14:05 PM

No sound for stuka dive bomb at all very often in team games
4 May 2017, 14:09 PM

Yep. The sound simply gets lost in all the others sounds in the chaos. Sometimes the impact and explosion make no sound either. This ability needs a rework soon.

Some made the suggestion to lowering it´s damage. I don´t think this is a problem in itself, but rather certain circumstances are a problem. It needs at least some visual queue, like smoke or a plane coming in or whatever.
4 May 2017, 14:15 PM

Yep. The sound simply gets lost in all the others sounds in the chaos. Sometimes the impact and explosion make no sound either. This ability needs a rework soon.

Some made the suggestion to lowering it´s damage. I don´t think this is a problem in itself, but rather certain circumstances are a problem. It needs at least some visual queue, like smoke or a plane coming in or whatever.

Definitely needs some smoke cues. The audio's too ambiguous as to where the massive uberwipe bomb will fall. I think the ability would be ok as-is if it had a visual pinpoint, as right now you pretty much have to guess at where it's going to land.
4 May 2017, 14:17 PM

Definitely needs some smoke cues. The audio's too ambiguous as to where the massive uberwipe bomb will fall. I think the ability would be ok as-is if it had a visual pinpoint, as right now you pretty much have to guess at where it's going to land.

Yeah. The sound is so vague man. Sometimes the sirens aren't heard but the last split second of the bomb and explosion are audible. Sometimes you hear nothing at all and sometimes you only hear the explosion lol.
4 May 2017, 14:22 PM

Yeah. The sound is so vague man. Sometimes the sirens aren't heard but the last split second of the bomb and explosion are audible. Sometimes you hear nothing at all and sometimes you only hear the explosion lol.

Yeah. And even if you do hear the sound, something's gonna get wiped cuz you send it towards the bomb instead of away on accident lol. With smoke that wouldn't happen.
4 May 2017, 15:16 PM

I will add that while adding smoke is not a bad suggestion, that does mean there will be ten whole seconds for your opponent to react. If they have half a brain they'll be able to pull their units out well in time. I personally like the proposal of having a plane icon which only appears on the tac map, plus the jericho sirens.
4 May 2017, 15:46 PM

yep that feel when secret stuka wipe half your army on your eyes but you didn't realize what hapend because that sound bug but yeah some german kid wrote to u gg wp :hansRAGE:
4 May 2017, 19:56 PM

What is more important I do not remeber that problem year ago.. What I mean that the problem is New bug.
4 May 2017, 20:06 PM

-Correct the sound but so it can be hear reliably;
-Add a last ditch flare;
-Make the damage and area of effect the same as the Sov. B4.

First you hear sound after the flare appear (sound is still on) then boom...

:)
Vaz
4 May 2017, 21:01 PM

I will add that while adding smoke is not a bad suggestion, that does mean there will be ten whole seconds for your opponent to react. If they have half a brain they'll be able to pull their units out well in time. I personally like the proposal of having a plane icon which only appears on the tac map, plus the jericho sirens.

I really don't see how this is a problem, other abilities have long arrival times as well, like TOT artillery, which drops smoke. These abilities are supposed to be ineffective against moving targets and highly effective against stationary or disabled targets.
4 May 2017, 21:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2017, 21:01 PMVaz

I really don't see how this is a problem, other abilities have long arrival times as well, like TOT artillery, which drops smoke. These abilities are supposed to be ineffective against moving targets and highly effective against stationary or disabled targets.

Fair enough, I suppose it's just that the stuka dive bomb is a single pinpoint strike, as opposed to a barrage. Adding smoke removes any real chance of catching the opposition out when it comes to more mobile targets and really only makes it useful, as you say, against very slow or immobile targets. Essentially you would be reducing its potential. I know that this would not necessarily be a bad thing, but in my opinion if you want to 'nerf' it smoke might not be the best way.
4 May 2017, 21:23 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Raise the cost a little, make sure the sound is not bugged, and its perfectly fine.
4 May 2017, 21:30 PM

Raise the cost a little, make sure the sound is not bugged, and its perfectly fine.

Or this
4 May 2017, 22:27 PM
Donator 11

+1 the flare is a terrible idea. We have a hundred of flare abilities already.
4 May 2017, 22:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2017, 21:01 PMVaz

+1

I would be OK with this
4 May 2017, 23:20 PM

I think we're all missing the point here.....

Dive bombs were used on static targets or large slow moving naval targets. Therefore a giveaway such as flares or a plane or visual plane (Brit bombers) enabling mobile targets to get away is fair enough. There shouldn't be any secrets. Its role is dealing with static howitzers and emplacements.

Easy one to be fixed

5 May 2017, 03:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2017, 23:20 PMClerv
I think we're all missing the point here.....

Dive bombs were used on static targets or large slow moving naval targets. Therefore a giveaway such as flares or a plane or visual plane (Brit bombers) enabling mobile targets to get away is fair enough. There shouldn't be any secrets. Its role is dealing with static howitzers and emplacements.

Easy one to be fixed

Also literally every other offmap/strafe drops smoke flares. Even CAS runs. Again, the sound will always be missable through no fault of the player and the fact that the bomb has a large radius coupled with uncertain drop point makes it almost impossible to totally avoid except by sheer luck or shitty placement. You don't have to play guessing games with other artillery/airpower, you know where it's gonna go.
5 May 2017, 04:57 AM

If anything needs just sound, i's rather railway, not dive bomb.

Sound alone is not too much, especially that despire timer is counting down, you will here it around 6-7secs efore drop at most.

Now add that the AoE has excatly the same damage in the middle like at the end of AoE, which makes some units almost unable to retreat (pack howie), unless you start moving perfectly when the first, lowest sound is heards (which 8/10 times you don't).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★