Login

russian armor

USF flaktrack

28 Apr 2017, 12:48 PM

Unfortunately not, though i think i have one vs SturmPanther for the Tournament placement games...

This is not a GREAT example because SturmPanther had lag :( However its an example. If i get some more good games with it I can post them for you :)

Thanks, I'll give it a look
28 Apr 2017, 15:29 PM

What do you mean by 'Of course but it is easier to say than do'? I have given an example above of the doing of it.

It does have Burst impact, you just have to allow it to set up. the Main guns value comes from its ability to combat light vehicles like the 222, the Flak Halftrack, to an extent the Luchs and i have even killed Puma's with it. If you use the new handbrake mechanic it is much easier to use.

Also units out of cover aren't reliably wiped by the Flak Half-track, and who is going to let a squad sit in the open and take 2 whole bursts anyway? The overall vulnerability of the OKW FHT means you have to put more micro into supporting it rather than simply into the unit itself, with keeping a raketten near it for instance.

I understand it's still a bitch of a unit to use compared to something like a Stuart but that doesn't mean it's bad. If the unit is too much hassle for you to bother with then don't use it. Its a high micro investment but if you have the capacity to handle it then its a great little vehicle.

I'm back on what I say, it isn't a bad unit but a unit only rewarding excellent micro and punishing you for not having such. Actually you can feel happy if the canon kills a model on the first burst when on average the OKW's kills two models per burst.
If you somewhat overextend a bit with it or let a sneaky raketen coming close, you're most likely to lose it while the OKW or the M20 can simply smoke and get out of the danger area.
USF half-track can defend itself vs 222, I hope so when you compare the prices. I have also kill some puma with it but it is more that your opponent is dump or wasn't paying attention or diving like crazy into your lines. Luchs eat the USF half-track so yes you can finish one since the canon pen it but you can also finish an IS2 with a 222 if you manage to pen its rear.

Anyway, the statement I have is simple: the USF half-track doesn't bring any edge unless you are already dominating your opponent. If you have the micro (and you personally have it, but not every one has) you can do really good things but this statement apply today for almost 100% of the units on this game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★