Login

russian armor

AEC

26 Apr 2017, 02:22 AM

First off, I do love this thing, and I build it almost every game. What with the nerfs to the AI performance (which were definitely warranted for a light vehicle with such high AT penetration and damage), the AEC is now supposed to be a "British Puma". However, it doesn't have the range of the puma, misses a good 50% of its shots on the move (more when there is an object, such as a tree stump or dust mite, in the way) and it has awful acceleration. Since it's now supposed to flank tanks to take them down, shouldn't at least one or both of these issues be fixed so it can perform in its intended role? I love both the AEC and the Puma, and they are supposed to do the same job different ways, but the Puma is just better at its job since it has no problems like this, and is way cheaper, even if it is a little less accessible to a degree (can we agree to just count the sidetech cost for the AEC? It adds a ton of build time and effectively makes the unit 380/75, as you won't be spamming them at all). Thoughts on this?
26 Apr 2017, 03:40 AM

First off, I do love this thing, and I build it almost every game. What with the nerfs to the AI performance (which were definitely warranted for a light vehicle with such high AT penetration and damage), the AEC is now supposed to be a "British Puma". However, it doesn't have the range of the puma, misses a good 50% of its shots on the move (more when there is an object, such as a tree stump or dust mite, in the way) and it has awful acceleration. Since it's now supposed to flank tanks to take them down, shouldn't at least one or both of these issues be fixed so it can perform in its intended role? I love both the AEC and the Puma, and they are supposed to do the same job different ways, but the Puma is just better at its job since it has no problems like this, and is way cheaper, even if it is a little less accessible to a degree (can we agree to just count the sidetech cost for the AEC? It adds a ton of build time and effectively makes the unit 380/75, as you won't be spamming them at all). Thoughts on this?

The idea that a slow moving, short range, low armor unit would be used for flanking is a not-very-funny joke. Call it tea-and-biscuits flanking.

26 Apr 2017, 03:48 AM

I got a good flank with one yesterday, still pretty effective if supported. P4 drove front first into my pak took two hits, tried to back up but the AEC came in behind and shot it once, but delayed it long enough for another round from the pak.

I like the current AEC, I would like to see how the new patch makes the tread shot work, it seemed to not work very reliably in the past.
26 Apr 2017, 03:56 AM

I do think that with the current pathfinding the AEC doesn't really perform well in its intended role. Maybe an acceleration buff?
26 Apr 2017, 05:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2017, 03:56 AMDanielD
I do think that with the current pathfinding the AEC doesn't really perform well in its intended role. Maybe an acceleration buff?

That's what I was thinking at the very least. It also seems to still have way more problems hitting its targets than other vehicles. I go into engagements thinking "gotta back this thing up, it's gonna get stuck and it's gonna miss that Luchs at least twice" and rarely am I wrong.
26 Apr 2017, 05:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2017, 03:40 AMGrumpy

The idea that a slow moving, short range, low armor unit would be used for flanking is a not-very-funny joke. Call it tea-and-biscuits flanking.

Yeah well that's apparently what's supposed to be happening. I flanked with an elefant once and honestly that was easier 0_o (for real, cuz my teammates sucked and gave up their side so I ended up getting rear hits on fireflies lol).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★