Login

russian armor

Flame Hezter to 4cp or 5cp

25 Apr 2017, 22:05 PM

8CP for this unit is IMO too late

I like this this unit, but jeez it comes sooooo late, it can barely be useful for the way OKW performs at that point in the game and most of the time is overlooked because of all the other option the faction has. It's literally just a beefed up flammenwerfer halftrack that doesn't perform nearly as well as it's ostheer cousin.

Thoughts? Other suggestions?

25 Apr 2017, 22:15 PM

Unit is bad, but 4CP's would be pretty early for a no-tech tank. Why not bring it up to the KV-8 level and let it be useful, instead of having a poor unit for longer?
25 Apr 2017, 22:45 PM

I like the Flame Hezter but its cost puts it out of reach.

On some maps it can be a a big help since OKW has no real sustainable way of fighting garrisons.

But the late CP and high fuel cost put it in a stupid spot, essentially at that point in the game if you buy one you are sacrificing lots of early fuel that you really need for a P4 or Panther, it is a super super risky move. So you just never see the unit at all.

It needs CP reduction and fuel reduction but maybe MP increase to compensate.
25 Apr 2017, 22:53 PM

First of All give it TURRET
25 Apr 2017, 23:07 PM

Or just make it a normal hetzer.... You know... Firing normal apcbc rounds at enemy tanks like a stug without twp and probably less dpm
26 Apr 2017, 00:29 AM

4cp is really damn early. IMO, cp to 6 and fuel cost to 80 or buff it so its worth its current price tag.
26 Apr 2017, 01:11 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Unit is bad, but 4CP's would be pretty early for a no-tech tank. Why not bring it up to the KV-8 level and let it be useful, instead of having a poor unit for longer?
26 Apr 2017, 04:20 AM

4cp is really damn early. IMO, cp to 6 and fuel cost to 80 or buff it so its worth its current price tag.
This. (!) I thought the exact same changes.
26 Apr 2017, 07:39 AM

why should 4cp too early? its not more than a flamer HT with a better armor.

its very fragil, slow and very ineffective on urbans maps..cause it has no turrent.

it can only fight vs infantery..it should have 4 cp and should cost 80fuel.
26 Apr 2017, 07:42 AM

Permanently Banned
Yes. 5CP is OK, as it will be facing cromwells or rushed T34s by that time.
26 Apr 2017, 14:45 PM

It's terrible as is. 8CP and it's cost is just ridiculous. I've seen someone use one once in the last few months.
26 Apr 2017, 15:11 PM

The main problems with the unit are probably:

that it is slower than most vehicles while it can not defend against them
it vets to slow
does little damage
is rather expensive
comes too late
26 Apr 2017, 15:42 PM

why should 4cp too early? its not more than a flamer HT with a better armor.

Totz, I'm sure a 640HP, bulletproof flamethrower unit that doesn't require tech arriving at the same time as light vehicles is going to be 100% fair and balanced.
nee
26 Apr 2017, 16:00 PM

Given low stats and high cost I'd probably not use it even if it had 75mm gun.
26 Apr 2017, 16:03 PM

i think if it can come in a battlegroup, with 1 flamer pio and 1 shrek pio it would be cool, they need to increase the cost a bit ofc , but the doctrine itself is kinda lame as well.
26 Apr 2017, 16:22 PM

5 or 6 CP,

Same base stats

Vet 1 unlocks cloaking ability like the Jagdpanzer. This would make it a MUCH more viable unit if it could sneak around. The Hetzer was a very small ambush vehicle.

Increase vet slightly.

At vet 4 it can call in a short range incendiary barrage. Not as big as the Soviet incendiary barrage, but a small area that will burn for awhile. This would be to cover it's escape from AT guns or force them to reposition. If you got your hetzer to vet 4 you are deep into the late game and that will keep it viable with all the Tank destroyers and AT guns that are likely to be around. It could cost 60 to 80 munis or so.
26 Apr 2017, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2017, 16:03 PMrush
i think if it can come in a battlegroup, with 1 flamer pio and 1 shrek pio it would be cool, they need to increase the cost a bit ofc , but the doctrine itself is kinda lame as well.

The doctrine is kinda lame especially because you cannot upgrade flamer AND sweeper on the 9CP/300 MP unit. Even rear echolons can upgrade both with rifle company I think. So soviets can just spam mines and demos to win to this. You spend 18 pop cap just to get a mine sweeper and make use of this otherwise underwhelming commander.... The Hetzer a bit earlier, like 6 CP I think would make it more useful.
26 Apr 2017, 19:06 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This a bit off topic but related to the doctrine. While the sturmpioneer with a flamethrower can be quite good but it takes a large long range dps hit with the flamethrower. What do you all think of able to put away the flamethrower and use the STG for longer ranges?
26 Apr 2017, 19:35 PM

The doctrine is kinda lame especially because you cannot upgrade flamer AND sweeper on the 9CP/300 MP unit. Even rear echolons can upgrade both with rifle company I think. So soviets can just spam mines and demos to win to this. You spend 18 pop cap just to get a mine sweeper and make use of this otherwise underwhelming commander.... The Hetzer a bit earlier, like 6 CP I think would make it more useful.

They're not supposed to do that anymore with the new update. Royals got slapped with the flamer exclusivity.
26 Apr 2017, 21:57 PM

Totz, I'm sure a 640HP, bulletproof flamethrower unit that doesn't require tech arriving at the same time as light vehicles is going to be 100% fair and balanced.

You mean that it arriving at the same time as light vehicles, all of which at least count as a soft counter?

Yes?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS