Login

russian armor

Wehr is screwed this patch

23 Apr 2017, 03:09 AM

I've just lost 7 games in a row as Ost, and can say that this patch is the worst patch I've ever seen for this game for Wehr.

Where to begin?

Scout Car: Too expensive and changes to its speed and maneuver make it useless for hunting soviet snipers, leaving Wehr defenseless against them.

Vehicles: Too slow to come out, leaving the Wehr player to rely on infantry for too long. Unfortunately Grens are the worst starting infantry, being expensive and too few in number.

MG42: Been useless against anyone but newbs for ages, so easily outflanked its ridiculous.

Mortar: Constantly overrun by hordes of soviet infantry.

Vehicles: What vehicles? your lucky if you get to play with one.

PGs: Lets nerf the shrecks some more so you have to rely on your non-existant vehicles to help you.

Might as well remove all bulletins in game except for Gren bulletins, you basically won't get to use any of them. While your at it, remove all the units except for basic infantry also, because that is what the game is about now, how many basic infantry you build, rather than the rock-paper-scissors MG/Mortar/Inf of the old CoH. Positioning is worthless against the horde.
23 Apr 2017, 04:42 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

How can they be worse this patch? Literally the only nerf to Ost was the 222 price, the rest being straight buffs or nerfs to allies.
aaa
23 Apr 2017, 05:05 AM

its screwed thats why it has 70% winrate at gcs qualy.
23 Apr 2017, 05:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2017, 03:09 AMCulainn
I've just lost 7 games in a row as Ost, and can say that this patch is the worst patch I've ever seen for this game for Wehr.

Where to begin?

Scout Car: Too expensive and changes to its speed and maneuver make it useless for hunting soviet snipers, leaving Wehr defenseless against them.

Vehicles: Too slow to come out, leaving the Wehr player to rely on infantry for too long. Unfortunately Grens are the worst starting infantry, being expensive and too few in number.

MG42: Been useless against anyone but newbs for ages, so easily outflanked its ridiculous.

Mortar: Constantly overrun by hordes of soviet infantry.

Vehicles: What vehicles? your lucky if you get to play with one.

PGs: Lets nerf the shrecks some more so you have to rely on your non-existant vehicles to help you.

Might as well remove all bulletins in game except for Gren bulletins, you basically won't get to use any of them. While your at it, remove all the units except for basic infantry also, because that is what the game is about now, how many basic infantry you build, rather than the rock-paper-scissors MG/Mortar/Inf of the old CoH. Positioning is worthless against the horde.

Check COH2 charts and statistics for 2v2. Axis has a 20% higher win rate than allies in arranged teams, and up to a 14% higher win rate in random teams. This is probably the most unbalanced that the game has been in years, and it is in favor of Ost.

Maybe try posting a replay and asking for help in the strategy section?

23 Apr 2017, 05:45 AM

Meanwhile, Coh chart is showing in team games, axis is well ahead percent-wise in wins.
23 Apr 2017, 05:46 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Sounds like you have had a bad run but blaming the faction isn't going to improve you as a player. Take ownership of your losses.
23 Apr 2017, 05:48 AM

I know this is a overused phrase,but since nobody wants to say it...
"git gud m8"
23 Apr 2017, 07:58 AM

Simply not playing Wehr this patch. I moved over to US for double BAR love, 4 wins in a row so easy when all you are facing are volksnewbs and grens.
23 Apr 2017, 08:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2017, 07:58 AMCulainn
Simply not playing Wehr this patch. I moved over to US for double BAR love, 4 wins in a row so easy when all you are facing are volksnewbs and grens.

Double BARs, M1919AA6s and Double Brens were removed smartass, you can't even troll right.
23 Apr 2017, 08:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2017, 03:09 AMCulainn
I've just lost 7 games in a row as Ost

It seems I have stumbled upon the reason of blaming Ostheer as a faction Kappa
23 Apr 2017, 08:57 AM

Double BARs, M1919AA6s and Double Brens were removed smartass, you can't even troll right.

You can still double bren
23 Apr 2017, 09:02 AM

You can still double bren

You can also double BAR.

Nevertheless, the OP seems to be unaware of how ELO and asking for advice works.
23 Apr 2017, 09:48 AM

Hi Culainn,

I want to recommend you to post a replay where you lost with Ostheer into replay review (state office). There are many friendly people who want and will help you to improve.

Currently Ostheer is one of best factions in game, because of it´s adaptability.
23 Apr 2017, 10:21 AM

Do what Hector says or just L2P
23 Apr 2017, 10:32 AM
Admin Red  Badge

Cleaned up some... rude comments. Try to keep it civil, folks.
23 Apr 2017, 12:34 PM

Total game in 1 V 1 : 2 (ALL FACTION INCLUDED)

Best RANK of everything : 1200 in 2v2

Only facts - I'm not saying anything on this high level playercard but i let others judge if OP "Culainn" can be taken seriously. (not saying he shouldn't).
23 Apr 2017, 13:53 PM

Oh, so it was 7 2v2 losts... Literally this patch is the Wehrmacht patch! (I climbed like 300 ranks after the patch went live) 2v2 as Wehr never feels so alive, I tell you that; before all of this, 2v2 as Wehr would be suicide, but not now. Ok I can help you with some personal advices:

- Firstly, do you have a teammate? If you do and he's OKW, then there's no need to worry! Told him to go Mechanized every single game! Like, every single one of them. Mechanized OKW along with heavy support play by Wehrmacht is very hard to beat on most maps. Speaking maps, I recommend veto out Dussendolf (Way too urban), Rails & Metals (Too wide, too many open ground and way too easy at getting flank) and Hamlet (The north side is horrendous, so it's pretty much 50 - 50, so just veto it out). ‎
- If you don't have a teammate, however, then hope that your random teammate is OKW... Is not like 2 Wehrmachts is bad, but it's harder to pull off and it's normally better to have a mate as OKW.‎

Now, on to the gameplay:

- First of all, try to work around with using 2 MG42s. Like, 2 MG42s are the way to go! Try to use them effectively by having 1 covering the other one's flank and always have at least 1 MG moving around with your mobile units (Grens, Pioneers, etc.). Many players just go for 3 Grens and only 1 MG42, which leaves them very vulnerable to flanking moment from the other enemy player, so always, in my opinion, always go for 2 MG42s.‎‎
- In terms of the Scout car, I recommend don't use it. Despite changes to it, I still think it doesn't worth it in 2v2 (In 1v1, it can work, but 2v2, it's too easy at being swarm and can easily get taken down by small arms fire). This is why I told you to have an OKW mate, cause he will be the one going Luchs to hunt down snipers, while you being the one cover up his back with lots of support weapon's firepower. The OKW player will cover your mid-game very well with LVs, while you build up your forces for the late-game. On the other hand, you should always, always get at least a 251 or build a Command bunker, limit your retreat time, stay on the field for as long as possible so your OKW mate can freely roaming around with LVs without being to heavily punished.
- Panzergrenadiers just got buff so I don't know what you're talking about... However, don't just give them Schrecks immediately. Their STG firepower are superb! Utilize it while you can, but if enemy rush out early T34-76, then use the Schrecks if needed.
- And of course, mines! It's still best to spend most of your mining time on planting Tellers. With double MG42s and mortar, you basically don't have to worry about infantry, just beware of armours rush... that's why Tellers are very important.‎

- In late-game, there are 2 ways of going: ‎
1. Pump out StuGs and Ostwind like there's no tomorrow (Maybe horde of P4s, but StuGs are StuGs, there's nothing better than them at the moment). Then cover up your later stage with Elefant (There are 2 commanders with the Ele so equip at least 1 of them... highly recommended). The Tiger can works, but it's less reliable compared to the Elefant.
2. Go straight for T4 and pump out Panthers and Brumbarr. With this way, highly recommend you to equip commanders with supply drops (Osttruppen, CAS and Luftwaffe Support). Panther may have its reputation for being suck, but 2, 3 of them are more than enough to kick the enemy back accross the English Channel.

Against some specific cheese strategies:
- Emplacements spam: Get 2 mortars in stead of one, back it up with 251 and comstantly bombard it. Ask your OKW mate to use his LVs as harassing tools while your mortars slowly break it down... If the enemy rush you with infantry and LVs? Double MG42s + Tellers will make short work of them.
- Rocket arty spam: Get the Fortified Armour Doctrine in your loadout. This commander basically makes you invincible late game: Command P4 to help cover up the damage from the rockets while Ele + hull-down vehicles will make your army a fortress!
- Maxim spam: This one will got nerf heavily when the GCS patch hits, but while we are still at it: smoke from mortars + set your MG42s in ambush positions. Don't be aggressive against it, cause the maxim spammer will be the aggressive one, while your pre-set defenses will crush him. Also, OKW's Luchs will end this strat rather quick so yeah.

23 Apr 2017, 14:19 PM

Oh, so it was 7 2v2 losts... Literally this patch is the Wehrmacht patch! (I climbed like 300 ranks after the patch went live) 2v2 as Wehr never feels so alive, I tell you that; before all of this, 2v2 as Wehr would be suicide, but not now. Ok I can help you with some personal advices:

I climbed 50 on the USF by just playing one game and winning it. Ranking movement can be counter-intuitive since it just compares players within a faction. When balance changes, you won't move up or down unless you're playing more (or much less like in my case) or you adjust to changes faster and have a different win rate than average.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★