Login

russian armor

My thoughts

20 Apr 2017, 15:31 PM

Artillery cover- easily the most brainless ability in the game, even with the current nerfs, I think the appropriate settings for this would be to make it a sector ability.

Maximum- tho I appreciate the nerfs to this unit, kinda think they are in the wrong direction, I personally would have kept all the stats the same, and simply just reduce the amount of models from 6-4.

Vickers- the range and lethality of this MG is no doubt amazing, able to snipe retreating infantry at long range. My problem is the turret traverse/with the arc. Even flanking with infantry on both opposite sides of the arc it's able to reliably pin and serverly damage both units. I often see this unit flirt with firing outside of its arc. Both far/near sides. Id rather have one of these then a MG42, shoot I'd rather have most any other HMG then the MG42 which is odd considering the fact that one is way more popular than the rest...

Command panther nerfs, I agree with them. But why change vet 5? Not like anyone gets it to vet 5. That being said reduce vet requirements to a respectable level as well as the strum tigers, they are legit unrealistic.

British emplacements/trenches- no alien technology with brainless push to become invincible, I would gladly like to see brace removed to 15 sec ability. It should be a provlage not a right to have brace. and someone please tell me what on earth is the password to the trenches? Because I don't see why my infantry can't get into them. That is stupid. There should be equal consequences to building those.

Is2- think this unit needs some love, I would suggest an AI buff. Not to an infantry wipe machine. But with the recent infantry spacing change, I would like to see this as a viable unit. As I never/hardly ever see this unit.

Would like to see a separation between the firefly and the comet. I suggest a fire fly change/slight buff.

Partisans. No unit should be able to throw an AT nade while immediately spawning with an shreck. It's legit cheese

Kinda think falls/commandos but I think both these units needs a change, meaning I can see a survival buff to one and a lethality buff to another.

I think the OST tiger/panther/panzer 4/ostwind are trash. Tiger is just all around trash and the rest are trash verses AI.

Reduce accuracy penalty on the move for OST panther or buff it's AI

Yeaaaaa

20 Apr 2017, 15:45 PM

I agree with most of this.

Ost Armor other than Stugs is pretty bad for a faction that is supposed to have really good tanks.

I do not agree with Firefly buffs. It's a super effective unit.
20 Apr 2017, 16:23 PM

I kinda agree with everything he said except the survivality buff. Falls are designed to be a one use wipe everything unit and thrown away. And 4 man maxim would still make spamming it OP. Insta suppress is not a joke.

To be honest I wanted all infil unit to be upgraded to have their weapons back and grenade on CD so they're not a cheese unit but more of an actual infiltration unit. Falls DPS wise are extremely good, is that their survivability is trash.
20 Apr 2017, 16:28 PM

I kinda agree with everything he said except the survivality buff. Falls are designed to be a one use wipe everything unit and thrown away. And 4 man maxim would still make spamming it OP. Insta suppress is not a joke.

To be honest I wanted all infil unit to be upgraded to have their weapons back and grenade on CD so they're not a cheese unit but more of an actual infiltration unit. Falls DPS wise are extremely good, is that their survivability is trash.

I do not agree with your useage of falls. Especially since their cost is super high

Maximums on the other hand, are used as a front line unit because of their suppression/model size. I think removing 2 models will keep it as an respectable HMG but a cared for one at that. Not a frontline lose 5 models still get away
20 Apr 2017, 16:35 PM

No maxims are used as a front line unit because scripts cannot hold the line against blobokw and your not going to have penals. Yes lets make them 4 man that way incendiary or rifle nades guarantee a wipe. So you can be free to volk blob. Maxims are fine how they are currently.
20 Apr 2017, 16:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2017, 16:35 PMRocket
No maxims are used as a front line unit because scripts cannot hold the line against blobokw and your not going to have penals. Yes lets make them 4 man that way incendiary or rifle nades guarantee a wipe. So you can be free to volk blob. Maxims are fine how they are currently.

LOL no. A moving shit that promotes maxim blobbing in the current patch absolutely needs to be toned down.

Cons will hopefully enter the scope soon, for the time being after the patch hits, pretty much only T1 openings are viable.

I do not agree with your useage of falls. Especially since their cost is super high

Maximums on the other hand, are used as a front line unit because of their suppression/model size. I think removing 2 models will keep it as an respectable HMG but a cared for one at that. Not a frontline lose 5 models still get away

Falls are trash in 1v1, they are in a commander which has no late game offerings, good luck fending off Shermans/Croms with no T4 yet. Not to mention Soviet Demos/Mines and Brit Mines pretty much bleed you to death.
20 Apr 2017, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2017, 16:35 PMRocket

Your statement is semi irrelevant, I can simply say "support your cons with maximums, they shouldn't be in range of the nades due to suppression nerfs)

Basically what your saying is a general counter that goes for all other HMGs units with counters..
20 Apr 2017, 17:02 PM

This thread is as American as it can get around here lol.
20 Apr 2017, 17:53 PM

Artillery cover- easily the most brainless ability in the game, even with the current nerfs, I think the appropriate settings for this would be to make it a sector ability.

I also thought about suggesting this, but sector artillery is already so rare I don't remember the last time I saw it. Maybe an artillery like sector but that only works on range, printed on maps for players, so that it won't be so niche.

Maximum- tho I appreciate the nerfs to this unit, kinda think they are in the wrong direction, I personally would have kept all the stats the same, and simply just reduce the amount of models from 6-4.

The maxim with 4 is just a bad version of the vickers. Also the ability to run away with sprint in a support weapon is stupid.

Vickers- the range and lethality of this MG is no doubt amazing, able to snipe retreating infantry at long range. My problem is the turret traverse/with the arc. Even flanking with infantry on both opposite sides of the arc it's able to reliably pin and serverly damage both units. I often see this unit flirt with firing outside of its arc. Both far/near sides. Id rather have one of these then a MG42, shoot I'd rather have most any other HMG then the MG42 which is odd considering the fact that one is way more popular than the rest...

The vickers has some of the worst suppression in the game. However, its damage vs. units in cover is quite high and so when it drops you to the ground, you still feel it in many cases. You definitely want this MG, but there is no way it beast a vet 1 42 unless it can outrange it. Otherwise you load incendiary and beat it easily.

Command panther nerfs, I agree with them. But why change vet 5? Not like anyone gets it to vet 5. That being said reduce vet requirements to a respectable level as well as the strum tigers, they are legit unrealistic.

The reasons for this unit's change were well discussed by Smith. I also had a thread on here some time ago about it. Just because vet 5 is rare is no excuse for it to be as good as it is. If vet 5 being rare meant any unit could be OP then we could make it call in Stuka dive bombs for free, since once you get it the game is GG. In a team game a player getting vet 5 on a CmdPanther is GG, there is no counterplay. This needs to be addressed. It will have limited impacts in most cases.

British emplacements/trenches- no alien technology with brainless push to become invincible, I would gladly like to see brace removed to 15 sec ability. It should be a provlage not a right to have brace. and someone please tell me what on earth is the password to the trenches? Because I don't see why my infantry can't get into them. That is stupid. There should be equal consequences to building those.

Not seen anything in the notes about brace, but pretty sure the team is aware of the brace hate. Brace sucks.

Is2- think this unit needs some love, I would suggest an AI buff. Not to an infantry wipe machine. But with the recent infantry spacing change, I would like to see this as a viable unit. As I never/hardly ever see this unit.

There is no way the IS2 is currently not amazing. Great AI, great AT, amazing armor, nice vet. The only thing it needs is the vet 1 removed and vet 2 spread to vet 1 and 2.

Would like to see a separation between the firefly and the comet. I suggest a fire fly change/slight buff.

I don't understand this, they are already separated. There is no way the FF needs a buff.

Partisans. No unit should be able to throw an AT nade while immediately spawning with an shreck. It's legit cheese

Many infiltration units need to be adjusted for the same reason. There is a thread about this, head over and take a peak.

Kinda think falls/commandos but I think both these units needs a change, meaning I can see a survival buff to one and a lethality buff to another.

They got a survival buff last patch (squad spacing). They do not need any more lethality, both of these squads are wipe machines. Falls are just in a completely lackluster commander. Name one other ability in the commander that is useful (maybe the recon pass).

I think the OST tiger/panther/panzer 4/ostwind are trash. Tiger is just all around trash and the rest are trash verses AI.

None of these tanks are trash except the Ost Panther. The P4 needs a cost reduction. Tiger might use a slight frontal armor buff, but I am not committed to this.

You mentioned this tank above, we know it sucks. There are many good suggestions for how to make this unit better, some need to be adopted. Right now there is never a reason to get this tank in smaller game modes. In larger modes it can be built up if your opponents don't have 50 comets.
20 Apr 2017, 17:54 PM
Patrion 14

i am gonna clean up the thread a bit. i dont care if you think someone is fanboy or not, STFU if you are directly going to insult and go offtopic.

and if you are god damn sure whoever you are talking to fanboys, dont indulge them. they are "fanboys" for a reason.
20 Apr 2017, 18:12 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Why not make vet more reachable instead of making it inaccessible and OP. Why is this not a thing that we are doing.
20 Apr 2017, 18:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2017, 18:12 PMwouren

Why not make vet more reachable instead of making it inaccessible and OP. Why is this not a thing that we are doing.

Careful now with these simpler, logical ideas. Easy way to be ignored or invised. :p

Seriously though, I feel like very obivous, simple changes aren't even being looked at or tested in favor of making new abilities and redesigning single units in respect to how they match up against single units. Faction design and impacts to gameplay seem... secondary at best? Afterthoughts?
20 Apr 2017, 19:43 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2017, 18:12 PMwouren

you earn your vet 5.

i think all vet 5s should be very hard to reach not just 25 min mark reward (for volks) just like how vet 3 is basically a 10-15min mark reward.
20 Apr 2017, 19:48 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Yeaaaaa

IS-2 is "ok" it's just an RNG cannon. It can wipe full HP squads in 1 shot, or it can miss a lot of the time. They just need to make it more consistant by increasing the accuracy a bit and lowering the AoE.

AT partisans with the AT nade on CD is the only problem with partisans imo. PPSH partisans and the screck are probably more or less ok.

Falls and commandos are fine enough for what they do. Falls used to be used a lot before the june 2016 patch becauase luftwaffe ground forces had 1 of the 2 call ins for the MG34 before it was stock on the T0. Now the commander is rather lackluster because no callins. Commandos are "ok" for now. If you want to blob super hard in teamgames with commandos get the raid officer and make 5 man commando squads and give them all brens as they can fire on the move. Activate heroic charge and watch your opponet hit nothing but air.
Other than that though, their veterancy can use some love.

OST Tiger/panther/p4/ostwind are all different. Tiger is probably overpowered since it's a no brainer decision to call in the heavy tank. Part of the problem is the call in part. Other tanks on its cost level like the pershing are just way overpowered by comparison. The allies also have very powerful tank destroyers that can deal damage from out of the Tigers range and pen significantly more than not. Of course I'm excluding the jackson.

Ostheer panther is a T4 problem and the moving accuracy of 0.5 for Ostheer and then panther RoF or something else is needed. But panthers are definatly underwhelming when comparing to Fireflys.

P4 needs a cost reduction or a main gun pen increase.

Ostwind is slightly underpowered but is still pretty decent. I think it could use a slight buff.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2017, 19:43 PMpigsoup

you earn your vet 5.

i think all vet 5s should be very hard to reach not just 25 min mark reward (for volks) just like how vet 3 is basically a 10-15min mark reward.

My favorite is the vet 5 JT, because the vet 5 literally does nothing anymore. :D

20 Apr 2017, 19:54 PM

to the mod who invised half these post what's wrong with you? You 5 years old to see the simplest insults you gotta invise them all wtf? Learn your power, you like many other mods in general are overzealous in many cases. Just because someone disagrees doesn't mean it needs to be revised. So what if someone slangs out fanboy ain't no one getting asshurt over it. It's pathetic.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★