Login

russian armor

[1v1] [SU vs OKW] Need advice vs light vehicles

17 Apr 2017, 02:52 AM

Hello, everybody.

I'm here to ask some help, I'm LooniestRumble in the replay (the SU player).

In this case I'm being defeated by light vehicle play, specially the Luchs, both of the macthes I played vs OKW as of late were decided because of the Luchs, son any help there will be much appreciated.

What can I say about the match, I went for guards because Penals just weren't enough to deal with the Luchs, and I tend to have a bloodlust for killing the tank, that's why I always lose my T70, i want to dive I just kill it. Besides that, the build order is the one I was recommended and saw in few other matches of more high tier players, so I dropped the original Conscript into Penals start in favor of pure T1 units.

I guees that's all I can say, as always thanks in advance.
18 Apr 2017, 15:11 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I'll be reviewing this, thoughts posted shortly.

/set yellow
18 Apr 2017, 16:09 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

A few things stood out to me in this replay which seem to cause you some issues.

• AT snares: When you have a vehicle of any kind you should try and avoid taking a snare to ensure your tank has its full maneuverability. You were either too slow to kite in time to avoid snares or you didn't notice the snare about to occur and took it. Unsure if this was due to micro over taxation or just felt it was unnecessary to dodge, regardless though you should always give your best effort to avoid them.

• Light vehicle usage: Your light vehicle play was very passive for the aggressive choice of the units you selected. The M3 scout car is good against OKW as they lack the super early fausts of Ostheer. You had multiple opportunities to chase down kubels but I think you were afraid of fausts or a possible rakatten. That's alright, but if this is the case just screen with infantry to the best of your ability and try and snag kubels. Every kubel down is a squad lost on his end. T70 died because it took double snare and then you retreated to the right instead of down the mid which was weird. You had an SU-76 and mines and penals covering the mid so I don't understand why you retreated right. Led to luchs flanking and killing of the T70. 1st SU-76 was lost because you forgot about it being attacked by a puma. This again may have been micro taxation and will improve with more map awareness and gameplay time. 2nd SU-76 had a lot of its possible shock value mitigated because it took a snare right as it came out and it took almost 3 minutes to get it repaired because your engineers were capping. Capping is great, but if you're units effectivness is crippled you may want to consider repairing it then go back to capping.

• Machine guns: Seemed to have difficulty flanking and forcing away his MG34. This was in part occassionally due to unit clumping and then also the lack of indirect. You could have gone HM-38 120mm mortar for the indirect role as you had guard motor or you could have utilized the SU-76 barrage earlier. You did use it eventually but at that point you already on the backfoot badly.
    HM-38 also has smoke.

Other smaller things I noticed was when your T70 got flanked you were able to get a AT satchel on a luchs. That was really good hiding them behind the house, but you could've maybe killed it had you entered the house after and used the PTRS's to get the last remaining shots and used the vision for your SU-76 follow up.

Overall: You really did well at the beginning with micro and capping and aggressive decapping, but once the light vehicles roled out both you and your opponet just lost squad after squad. If you can really focus on keeping your units alive and retreating then you can turn the fact both of you kept losing squads to only he was losing squads. You can use the upper right hand unit icons to see unit details as well as the tactical map for additional details to aid with unit micro. I also recommend control groups if you don't already use them so you can select and issue orders faster. Just try and avoid AT snares to the best of your ability and try and avoid running head first into meat grinders. You kept leaving your base to run into 2 luchs and an MG. If you can't push through it you either need to go a different route or grab indirect. Going another route will allow you to make him move and fight pushing into you if he wants to cut you off.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns feel free to ask.

/set green
18 Apr 2017, 20:35 PM

I see, thak you a lot for the advices, I'll try to use the vehicles a bit more agressivly. It was more shock than micro taxation, not everyday you see double luchs and a puma.

Didn't noticed the retreat of the T70, I'll try to keep and eye on that, retreting where my army and mines are sounds really obvious, I guess I'll have to look towards that army cohession a bit more.

Once again, thanks for the reply.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 85
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak