Login

russian armor

Please, please put in more automatch 4v4 maps

10 Apr 2017, 08:58 AM

I'm begging here. We haven't gotten 4v4 maps in so long, and the current ones are stale now. I'm so hungry for different maps that I'd even be willing to put up with terrible maps like S(h)ittard Summer for the sake of variety. It would be nice to get more Relic maps, though I'm far past expecting that to happen. Just any maps at all from the community would satiate me. I don't want to hear these excuses that it's undoable because I know there's plenty enough that at least 3-4 could be put in. Hell, I'll even list some on the workshop that might work, though I'm not even picky. Please please please.

Elst Outskirts (the 4v4 version)
Road to Oosterbeek
Road to Bastogne
Drachenwald
Bieville-Orne
Eberswalde
Kursk
Bois Jacques
Pinsk Marshes
Sword Beach
10 Apr 2017, 22:41 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Agree. It's not like the current pool is any good anyways, they aren't saving balance by being selective.
10 Apr 2017, 23:45 PM
11 Apr 2017, 01:15 AM

You have my vote here, the map rotation is pretty stale right now.
11 Apr 2017, 01:23 AM

No real reason not to and would be a good way to keep the game-mode healthy, considering its the most played and tends to get the short end of the balance stick.
11 Apr 2017, 02:13 AM

The first one is already in the map as a 2v2 map. The rest looks nice (Especially the Road to Bastogne, I just love Winter maps). I'm not a fan of 3v3+, but to be honest, new maps are always welcome (Even if it's oddly strange like Pripyat Sector), I mean, if I don't like it, someone will. Just put them in and see how it goes... If not many like it, remove it or change it. 

P/s: Since we are at it, 2v2 map pool also needs some new comers... Kinda tired of seeing Trois Point 4 times in a row already (It's irrelevant, but still, new maps, maybe?)‎
11 Apr 2017, 02:44 AM

It would also help to redo some of the existing maps. Some like Lanzerath Ambush and Lazur Factor are terrible.
11 Apr 2017, 04:00 AM

As mapmakers said, it simply takes much more time to to and to test 4v4 maps. There are lot of them in workshop though. But dev doesn't add them either for a reason or THEY JUST HATE MASS MODES ZOMFG NO BALACNE PLS!!!!!!!!11
11 Apr 2017, 05:57 AM
Patrion 14

i wouldnt mind. just add 10 more vetoes - or even have the new maps default vetoes and ppl who want to try them out has to unveto to try.
11 Apr 2017, 07:40 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

My suggestion for future is that relic allows us to balance 1 map of 3v3/4v4 and join it to the scope mod (2 or 3 months of balancing map) and ending balanced relic maps and after add 1 map of the community to that Scope mod (2/3 months test).

edit: A parallel map to be implemented with the mod in live.
edit2: Minimal changes how to move posts in Steppes on the island that hinder the passage.
11 Apr 2017, 07:59 AM
11 Apr 2017, 08:40 AM

Bring back Rostov
11 Apr 2017, 09:34 AM

Actually, veto function needs to be removed from the game. It's currently being abused by teams of players that want to get the exact map they need for their strong combination of faction and commander to best succeed.
11 Apr 2017, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2017, 22:41 PMTobis
Agree. It's not like the current pool is any good anyways, they aren't saving balance by being selective.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2017, 01:15 AMNano
You have my vote here, the map rotation is pretty stale right now.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2017, 02:44 AMGrumpy
It would also help to redo some of the existing maps. Some like Lanzerath Ambush and Lazur Factor are terrible.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2017, 23:45 PMClerv
+1

Factory is indeed horrible.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2017, 04:00 AMHater
As mapmakers said, it simply takes much more time to to and to test 4v4 maps. There are lot of them in workshop though.

You know, they can always engage the community of avid 4v4 fans right?

Actually, veto function needs to be removed from the game. It's currently being abused by teams of players that want to get the exact map they need for their strong combination of faction and commander to best succeed.

Do you play 4v4?
Have you played General mud 7 times in a row?
No?
Then kindly see yourself out.
That map is cancer. Vetoes exist for a reason. If anything we need more
12 Apr 2017, 02:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2017, 07:40 AMcapiqua
My suggestion for future is that relic allows us to balance 1 map of 3v3/4v4 and join it to the scope mod (2 or 3 months of balancing map) and ending balanced relic maps and after add 1 map of the community to that Scope mod (2/3 months test).

edit: A parallel map to be implemented with the mod in live.
edit2: Minimal changes how to move posts in Steppes on the island that hinder the passage.

To quote Osinyagov from the other thread about 3v3s and 4v4:

Added comparison of my favorite 4v4 map from vCoH and CoH 2. In vCoH this map was mainly fine, maybe the best 4v4 map in comparison with hochwald gap. But in CoH 2, because of new locations of points, it plays awful for bottom side :S

And this beatiful quality of minimaps in vCoH :wub:

^ This, so so much.

The design options for 3v3 and 4v4 maps would be greatly improved if the variety of territory points from CoH1 were available as an option to mapmakers.
12 Apr 2017, 14:52 PM

Do you play 4v4?
Have you played General mud 7 times in a row?
No?
Then kindly see yourself out.
That map is cancer. Vetoes exist for a reason. If anything we need more

Quit talking to yourself.

And to respond to your madness... yeah I have played general mud multiple times in a row, just as I've played Forest and Steppes too often in a row as well. The reason they get played too much is because all the others get vetoed.

So you're still wrong, dude. And clearly mad.
12 Apr 2017, 15:02 PM

Yes pls.

The biggest reason I never player teamgames (apart from RTS should be 1v1 ;)) is the lack of decent maps in the teamgame pool.

Only map I remember being semi decent is that steppes map. :lol:
12 Apr 2017, 15:16 PM

Hochwald gap was the best teamgame map in CoH if you ask me. Only problem was kettenkrad/ blocking the bridge on the north spawn. Other than that, perfect.

Loved fighting in that western forest.
13 Apr 2017, 01:50 AM

Quit talking to yourself.
So you're still wrong, dude. And clearly mad.

I would love to, but dont have money for my meds anymore.
I could be wrong.
And you would be mad too if you lost 5 games as Axis, due to the fact your team mates cannot take a point in a 4v2 scenario, and Ctrl+A move 6x Pio and 6x Pfuserlier in one.

I fkn hate this game sometimes
/rant

Hochwald gap was the best teamgame map in CoH if you ask me. Only problem was kettenkrad/ blocking the bridge on the north spawn. Other than that, perfect.

Loved fighting in that western forest.

You can play on some of the remakes.
They've expanded the bridge so you cannot block with kittenkarad/kubel anymore.
13 Apr 2017, 14:19 PM

Bring back Rostov, that was super fun even though Allies got punished with the shit side when sides were locked. I still enjoyed the map.

Can we have Ettlebruck back on 4v4 too? The sheer nonstop action that 4v4 Ettlebruck gave was pretty unique. Constant non stop mayhem. It was great. Add in some more vetoes and bring back some maps. I'm so sick of Lienne, Steppes and City17. Vielsalm is awful too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★