Login

russian armor

OKW HEAT Shells cooldown?

30 Mar 2017, 18:02 PM

As the title said, what is the cooldown of the HEAT Shells? The ability guide only told me about how long it will last which was 20 seconds, but not how long the cooldown will be after those 20 seconds. Help
30 Mar 2017, 19:36 PM

Isn't there a timer after you use it? Lol.
30 Mar 2017, 20:05 PM

The thing is I do not have that doctrine that is why I am asking before I buy it. Have to think if its worth or not
30 Mar 2017, 20:54 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2017, 20:05 PMDominh
The thing is I do not have that doctrine that is why I am asking before I buy it. Have to think if its worth or not

It is similar to using ap rounds on an MG. A set duration for increased effects for its attacks. It is not the strongest point to the doctrine but it can be used on Pumas, jagdpanzers, Panzer 4s, Panthers, and King Tigers.
30 Mar 2017, 20:57 PM

It is similar to using ap rounds on an MG. A set duration for increased effects for its attacks. It is not the strongest point to the doctrine but it can be used on Pumas, jagdpanzers, Panzer 4s, Panthers, and King Tigers.

Pretty strong if you ask me xD, especially when I play Puma 2 panzerIV combo to defeat, crocodile tanks, but my question is still not answered... I want to know the exact seconds it takes for the cooldown. There must be someone in this community who has this doctrine and seen that cooldown start.
nee
30 Mar 2017, 21:02 PM

Technically, the HEAT Rounds ability's cooldown is 60 seconds; however it starts once you activate it, so the actual cooldown time is 40 seconds, the 20 seconds being the time the ability is active.

All vehicles with this ability have the same cooldown times and munitions cost (45 each time), naturally. Only vehicles designed to fight enemy vehicles (re Puma and King Tiger, not Luchs or flak halftrack) have this ability. Rak43s don't have this ability.

Short answer: 40 seconds.
30 Mar 2017, 21:49 PM

So to add on OP's question, does it work like the incendiary MG rounds, as in the unit stops what it's doing,reloads and then starts firing, OR once you activate it, weather the tank has reloaded or not, thier next shot is HEAT?

If you activate just after a shot, those are valuable seconds lost iIMO
30 Mar 2017, 21:57 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

So to add on OP's question, does it work like the incendiary MG rounds, as in the unit stops what it's doing,reloads and then starts firing, OR once you activate it, weather the tank has reloaded or not, thier next shot is HEAT?

If you activate just after a shot, those are valuable seconds lost iIMO

From my understanding once you've hit the button the shell immediatly becomes HEAT. No reload time involved.
31 Mar 2017, 01:58 AM

From my understanding once you've hit the button the shell immediatly becomes HEAT. No reload time involved.

So what you are saying is, if my Panzer 4 fires one at a Sherman, and I immediately press the HEAT button, the P4 will fire again?
31 Mar 2017, 02:09 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

So what you are saying is, if my Panzer 4 fires one at a Sherman, and I immediately press the HEAT button, the P4 will fire again?

No, I'm saying that no matter where your tank is in the reload process it will continue like normal at it's standard RoF. It will just be shooting HEAT. It will not force your tank to restart the load process like the incin ammo for Axis MGs.
31 Mar 2017, 05:50 AM

Well I got my answers now thanks a lot y'all ^^
2 May 2017, 10:39 AM

Hi,

I read some time ago some myth about HEAT shells. Is tru, they have lower accuracy, then normal shells?
If I turn Blits + HEAT, have HEAT rounds accuracy boost from Blits?

Thank for answer.
2 May 2017, 11:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2017, 10:39 AMAradan
Hi,

I read some time ago some myth about HEAT shells. Is tru, they have lower accuracy, then normal shells?
If I turn Blits + HEAT, have HEAT rounds accuracy boost from Blits?

Thank for answer.

Interesting question!
2 May 2017, 14:41 PM

The low accuracy is an artifact from a while ago when HEAT shells had artillery traits for some reason. AFAIK, they should be just as accurate as the main gun now. As to combat blitz, I assume they get the same accuracy increase, but I'm not entirely sure on that.
2 May 2017, 15:23 PM

HEAT Shells are nice in that they let Pumas and PZ4s punch above their weight class and take on Advanced Mediums like T85s and EZ8s more easily - they also let you get sneaky wipes against heavy tanks against opponents who get cocky and think they can absorb more damage then they can. I'd say it's more attractive now that Command Panther Mark Target isn't so OP anymore. The only downside is that Sturmtiger aside there isn't a whole lot to like with the commander (unless they ever buff the Tank Commander Arty Upgrade)
2 May 2017, 16:29 PM

I remember when I bought that doc. I though ,based on the description of the ability, that it was a passive ability.

I feel that the panthers benifit the most from this doc. The sturmtiger is the real reason to get this doc.
2 May 2017, 16:45 PM

HEAT Shells are nice in that they let Pumas and PZ4s punch above their weight class and take on Advanced Mediums like T85s and EZ8s more easily...

I can't check right now but are you sure about this? I ask because according to the description only the PIVJ, JPIV, Panther, and KT benefit from HEAT shells. I didn't think the Puma did but never specifically looked. Thanks.
2 May 2017, 17:23 PM

I can't check right now but are you sure about this? I ask because according to the description only the PIVJ, JPIV, Panther, and KT benefit from HEAT shells. I didn't think the Puma did but never specifically looked. Thanks.

I'm almost positive, I distinctly remember watching a cast of Redwings where he used Pumas with HEAT shells to good effect.
2 May 2017, 17:29 PM

Pumas definitely get HEAT shells, I've used Mechanized Packs with HEAT Pumas before to knife through Sherman and T34/76 spam, though I've never tried it against the Allied advanced mediums.
nee
3 May 2017, 07:48 AM

Description is wrong: "Tanks" consist of the Puma, JP4, Panzer4, Panther, and King Tiger have this ability. Just played a match using this commander.

As for accuracy penalties, I never noticed; either it's so low that it's not noticeable, or there is a penalty, but I was extremely lucky with every shot. I didn't think there ever was one.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 28
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment