Login

russian armor

PLAYERUNKNOWN BATTLEGROUNDS

29 Mar 2017, 14:16 PM

H1Z1 2.0

Pros:
- Weapon attachments actually improve weapons and make a difference.
- Ability to choose when to drop for spawn planes makes the game more interesting and strategical.
- The right amount of vehicles makes it so spawns far from the safe zone don't automatically equate death.
- Graphics are slightly better than h1z1 with movement speed more natural.

Cons:
- Awkward hitboxes
- Netcode failures cause players not to see their opponent until they are already shot.

OVERALL: I like it better than h1z1. Game is solid and a lot of fun. If they continue to improve the optimization and clean up a few other details it could be EVEN BETTER.
Rating: 8.5/10

*updated my review as I wrote this when the game first came out.
5 Jul 2017, 22:23 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I havent even booted up COH since I installed this game. So good...
5 Jul 2017, 23:01 PM

if it hadn't that stupid shit 3rd person, i'd give it a try too, probably

6 Jul 2017, 01:38 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Solo is pretty boring, but squads is so fun. Would definitely recommend if you have some friends to play with. Add me on steam if any of y'all wanna play.
6 Jul 2017, 04:32 AM

Overrated in my opinion. Too much looting and very poorly optimized. I returned it for refund. Loot for 20 minutes to be killed by some guy who camps or have to way of knowing he was there? No thanks. If winning is out of my control even by a little margin, i think a game is a waste of time.
6 Jul 2017, 04:49 AM

I agree with everyone, the game is crap but it is really fun to play with friends
6 Jul 2017, 08:53 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I died outside of the zone.
6 Jul 2017, 11:37 AM

I agree with everyone, the game is crap but it is really fun to play with friends

So it´s crap but it´s still fun to play?

I love it and barely play COH2 at the moment because of it. Yes it is badly optimized and the graphics are kinda meh but it´s so much fun in any game mode. So much excitement when you make it to the group of the last 10-15 players. Weapons feel and sound great. There are weekly updates that improve the game. I am sure once the game gets fully released it is going to be OK in terms of optimization and stability/bugs etc.

6 Jul 2017, 13:35 PM

So it´s crap but it´s still fun to play?

Something doesn't have to be technically sound for people to enjoy it. We derive entertainment from all sorts of places. Things like disaster movies or B 80's actions movies are brilliant fun. PUBG in it's current state is similar; unfortunately I found that once the charm of how broken it is wears off: clipping through the earth, the soul punishing lag, awkward movement, cheaters (although rare ime) culminates in a game that stops being fun in a hurry.

I don't really like the Eastern European motif, the faux ballistics-- although better now-- are still a bit confusing, and on the whole I find the weapons to be disappointing.

The pacing is also very very poor. Most games resemble: a looting frenzy, followed by a U-Boat patrol simulation, running to a vantage point swiveling your neck around like a conning tower, and then a final firefight whereby whoever-- by luck or skill, either one is as important-- is in a better position within the last two rings wins.

Playing with friends can reignite the charm, but it's still tough to look past how tedious it is to fight against the game.

Having such an incredible player pool and being able to play game after game after game, trying again immediately after spectacular failures is by far it's saving grace.

having munchkin friends helps.
6 Jul 2017, 13:40 PM

Game is slated to be finished in 6 months. (RIP h1z1/dayz)

Zombie mode on the way.

Game had 300k concurrent users last week (largest milestone, overall rank #3)

As of March, game has received many updates. Game optimization has increased greatly but still has work to be done. New weapons and many solid updates keep the base satisfied.
6 Jul 2017, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2017, 13:40 PMGdot
Game is slated to be finished in 6 months. (RIP h1z1/dayz)

Zombie mode on the way.

Game had 300k concurrent users last week (largest milestone, overall rank #3)

As of March, game has received many updates. Game optimization has increased greatly but still has work to be done. New weapons and many solid updates keep the base satisfied.

I agree with you, but partially Gdot.

The game is planned to be "finished" in October. Personally, I have felt the effect of improved/more servers but none of their actual code optimization has helped me, and reading the steam discussions I'm not convinced it's helped many people either (obviously there is a bias there, people are more likely to be playing rather than posting if it works, but hey)

Three months from gold means we can pretty much expect things to be in pretty much their final state, and unfortunately that means for things like: the interaction, movement, animation, sound and performance, I think the safe bet is: what we see is what we get. Now, that's "fine" I don't begrudge them their success, the player base is amazing but I'm not sold that this is the transcendent cultural moment that many people are making it out to be.
6 Jul 2017, 14:05 PM

I agree with you, but partially Gdot.

The game is planned to be "finished" in October. Personally, I have felt the effect of improved/more servers but none of their actual code optimization has helped me, and reading the steam discussions I'm not convinced it's helped many people either (obviously there is a bias there, people are more likely to be playing rather than posting if it works, but hey)

Three months from gold means we can pretty much expect things to be in pretty much their final state, and unfortunately that means for things like: the interaction, movement, animation, sound and performance, I think the safe bet is: what we see is what we get. Now, that's "fine" I don't begrudge them their success, the player base is amazing but I'm not sold that this is the transcendent cultural moment that many people are making it out to be.

True, they certainly have things to work on. I don't think its fair to say the game has finished being updated or reached its final form, especially considering the new update announcements as of this week. If the game will reach the pinnacle you are describing (legendary status) - time will tell. It certainly is a fun and captivating game.

For those who need a group or want to play with other players from the COH2 community, I created a group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/COH2PUBG

Today was the formal launch of this group, we already have a large contingency of coh2 players and a TeamSpeak where we all hang out (which any of you are welcome to pop in and join us). Find info on the group page. Wow!
7 Jul 2017, 15:36 PM

Shoutout to everyone that stopped by last night for PUBG. We had about 14 guys from coh2 and 3 chicken dinners. YUM YUM YUM.

7 Jul 2017, 15:50 PM
Patrion 14

I like it, lots of chicken dinners...
But desync, and lag is killing it for mee...
Mid game is borring, to many campers...
7 Jul 2017, 15:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2017, 15:50 PMoakdk
I like it, lots of chicken dinners...
But desync, and lag is killing it for mee...
Mid game is borring, to many campers...

No doubt desync is killer right now. Majority of us played squad last evening and mainly for fun. A couple of pros played duos MingLee.

Solo = camp fest
Duo = more balanced?
Squad = mayhem/fun
7 Jul 2017, 19:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2017, 15:54 PMGdot

No doubt desync is killer right now. Majority of us played squad last evening and mainly for fun. A couple of pros played duos MingLee.

Solo = camp fest
Duo = more balanced?
Squad = mayhem/fun

I find Duo to be just as campy as Solo. I´ve never tried squad because I´m more of a lone wolf type of player.

Duo is easier to win if u are on TS with your mate. Just because there are so many idiots playing this game who run around on their own despite being in Duos or simply not communicating with their duo mate.

The game is lots of fun, hard to kind of play it seriously because of how random it is but still fun.

BTW: I just got stuck in my buggy when leaving it. Thanks for that PUBG.
7 Jul 2017, 21:10 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Playing a ton of this myself. Here are some tasty head shots for you :D.

11 Jul 2017, 01:34 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

It all comes down to your playstyle. You can play it slow and go for loot and evade or you can go balls deep into a large group and just start fist fighting while looking for a weapon in the opening seconds. It's great fun either way.
11 Jul 2017, 03:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2017, 01:34 AMBudwise
It all comes down to your playstyle. You can play it slow and go for loot and evade or you can go balls deep into a large group and just start fist fighting while looking for a weapon in the opening seconds. It's great fun either way.

Exactly ^^
Game is so much fun :)
I've got Discord. Does the PUBG steam group only use Teamspeak?
11 Jul 2017, 12:57 PM

Exactly ^^
Game is so much fun :)
I've got Discord. Does the PUBG steam group only use Teamspeak?

We use team speak. You can find the info on the steam group page.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★