Login

russian armor

Does anyone else think the Comet is bullshit?

26 Mar 2017, 22:25 PM

I dunno it just seems like this tank is "too good". It's basically Anti-Everything. It consistently kills both tanks and infantry, but what saddens me is the StuG is the best tank killer the OstHeer has, and a large percentage of the time, my shots just bounce off of it.

If he's got 2 comets, I need close to 5 pieces of AT weaponry to make sure they die if they rush forward. Just seems to be a godlike tank, like a Tiger but only much faster, and much cheaper.

As a side note, I wish the P4 wasn't so easily shit on by every single British tank they have
26 Mar 2017, 22:56 PM

Not onyl Comet has great stat but it also has great abilities:
Wear speed (better than Ostheer Panther)
Grenades
smoke
WP
Hammer trucking
Tank commander

Some of these abilites need to be toned down for start.
27 Mar 2017, 00:03 AM

"Bullshit" is the consensus. Plus various adjectives.
27 Mar 2017, 00:54 AM

It's one of the most if not the most OP unit in the game
27 Mar 2017, 01:00 AM

How else will they convince people to give them more money? They make super god faction, people buy it, after some time they nerf it.
27 Mar 2017, 01:05 AM

How else will they convince people to give them more money? They make super god faction, people buy it, after some time they nerf it.

I've theorized that this has been Relic's selling strategy, going back to when massive T17 Spam for the Americans, could reliably kill KT's, Tiger's and JagdPanthers, and any lesser German tank, since the Tales of Valor DLC in COH1.
27 Mar 2017, 04:13 AM

Its definitely among the top five most broken units in the game
27 Mar 2017, 04:56 AM

I've theorized that this has been Relic's selling strategy, going back to when massive T17 Spam for the Americans, could reliably kill KT's, Tiger's and JagdPanthers, and any lesser German tank, since the Tales of Valor DLC in COH1.

Good theory. I would not surprised and I understand why they do it, they have to make money or they die, simple as that. I don't see any way to generate continuous cash flow from this type of game.
It's dirty but it has to be done.
In my opinion the perfect game can be developed only by a non-profit group of developers(via crowd funding) not by a money hungry corporation.
On example is "Path of Exile" a Diablo clone, people got sick of Blizzard corporate games and they made this kick ass game. People or gladly paying money for gear and items.
Unfortunately a game of this magnitude requires a lot of time in the beginning and very good developers and artists.
27 Mar 2017, 06:59 AM

Is comet op? Probably.. should it be nerfed? No.. powerful units are fun it should just be locked behind a commander and ost tiger should be buffed slightly... imo
27 Mar 2017, 07:04 AM

Manpower 500 fuel 185 For All rounder Tank
AI role good with WP round
AT Role good to can pen all Axis in Side armor and with 75% moving
is better than panther in Harassment tank
Speed lower than cromwell
Armor 290 lower than Tiger (300)

Teller mine for ostheer it good way to deal
stug III with RNG blessing
and not try to use Panzer 4 for fight conmet
27 Mar 2017, 07:19 AM

Reduce its penetration harshly. Brits got firefly for frontal engagements.
27 Mar 2017, 08:40 AM

1 per brit player at time (same as any other supertank) and cannot be upgrade tank commander.
27 Mar 2017, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2017, 08:40 AMEsxile
1 per brit player at time (same as any other supertank) and cannot be upgrade tank commander.

If you lock 1 Comet/Panther for player, so it will be difficult to fight for example against IS2.
And with only one Panther you cannot effectively flank.
27 Mar 2017, 08:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2017, 08:50 AMAradan

If you lock 1 Comet/Panther for player, so it will be difficult to fight for example against IS2.

IS2 is really bad, you don´t need more than one Panther to fight it off really..

As for the comet, this tank is the best non doctrinal tank in the game and can fight infantry and armored vehicles effectively. It can easily snipe its weapon team counters with WP that has insane range and can actually kill lol. There is no drawback to getting this unit, it can do it all.

The problem is, most things UKF have are ranging in the region of pretty decent to pretty oke, it is the rest that is just overperforming hard that makes this faction utter BS. Nerfing must be done carefully. If nerfing is not done carefully, we might put UKF in the position USF was in once before the Terminator Riflemen Buffs. USF was hopeless back then and I fear UKF will be the same if the nerf hammer hits them good.
27 Mar 2017, 09:04 AM

Give its gun same stats and behavior as Ostheer Panther, and let's see if anyone bother with it anymore.
27 Mar 2017, 09:10 AM

IS2 is really bad, you don´t need more than one Panther to fight it off really..

IS2 + ZiS is great combo. With only one Panther I cannot quick finish IS2, but I am only average player.
It would be allways better to play KT + AT gun, then only one allowed Panther.

Give its gun same stats and behavior as Ostheer Panther, and let's see if anyone bother with it anymore.

This + the same vet
27 Mar 2017, 09:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2017, 08:50 AMAradan

Comets and Panthers aren't at the same level. Comets is more like a Tiger on steroids than a panther. Brit's counterpart of panthers are FF.
27 Mar 2017, 09:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2017, 09:10 AMAradan

IS2 + ZiS is great combo. With only one Panther I cannot quick finish IS2, but I am only average player.

Panthers are tank hunters that have very little AI capability, IS2 is heavy to soak up dmage and capable against all targets. It is intended for the panther to help repell IS2s, not quick finish them. With regards to OP, ya the problem is that the comet beats panthers in most situations and has pretty decent ai capabilities as well. I think it shouldn't bounce AT rounds like panther or stugs as often as it does.
27 Mar 2017, 09:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2017, 09:10 AMAradan

You play 4v4 right? I can't finish an IS2 with one Panther in a 4v4 either, since you have teammates that are protecting the IS2, plus of course their own zis! In a 1v1 you can scare the IS2 off and take it off the field pretty long since it takes ages to repair that big tank!

Yeah I think KT + double invisible rakettens is better yeah. As for Ostheer, if the Panther gets limited to one, then the Ostheer Panther needs to turn into a god or else it will never be worth it compared to not being worth it right now.

27 Mar 2017, 09:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2017, 09:11 AMEsxile

Comets and Panthers aren't at the same level. Comets is more like a Tiger on steroids than a panther. Brit's counterpart of panthers are FF.

Comets and Panther are very similar. Comets have unnecessarily effective gun versus infantry. Comet need the same gun as Panther. Chosing commader/MG upgrade and if you pick commader upg., replace smoke with HEAT rounds (with MG upgrade, keep smoke).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
unknown 14
unknown 9
Germany 20

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %