Login

russian armor

Ostheer AT Mines - Effect

26 Mar 2017, 07:24 AM

I just had a match where a Cromwell tank happily drove over one of my Ostheer AT mines, made it explode and suffered...nothing. No hitpoint loss, no internal damage.

So far I assumed mines cause at least SOME damage to varying degree. But no damage at all?

And no, I do not confuse AP mine with the AT ones.
26 Mar 2017, 07:29 AM

Last time I checked, it was a bug (It even appeared on the Trending once), a rarely-happened bug, actually. I think they have patch it in the upcoming patch.
26 Mar 2017, 07:49 AM

changelog from the next patch

"Fixed an issue where certain types of mines (most infamously, Teller mines) would trigger too early, thus failing to cause damage on enemy targets (Fix provided by NachoCheese)"
26 Mar 2017, 08:15 AM

Thank you guys for the fast and clear explanation. So let's hope for the upcoming patch.
26 Mar 2017, 16:43 PM

THREE AND A HALF YEARS, and now they fix this...

Of course, I suppose this is to be expected from a dev team who's taken two and a half years to fix model spacing that has made Ostheer utterly unplayable since the release of the USF faction...
26 Mar 2017, 18:06 PM

THREE AND A HALF YEARS, and now they fix this...

The issue only became apparent with the release of the Brits, it basically didn't exist before then. Which of course doesn't excuse fixing it, but Relic barely did any bug-fixing at that point anyway (even game-breaking bugs took over two weeks to result in a "hot"-fix from Relic).
26 Mar 2017, 18:46 PM

Its a rare bug that happens very often
26 Mar 2017, 19:15 PM

I just had a match where a Cromwell tank happily drove over one of my Ostheer AT mines, made it explode and suffered...nothing. No hitpoint loss, no internal damage.

So far I assumed mines cause at least SOME damage to varying degree. But no damage at all?

And no, I do not confuse AP mine with the AT ones.

There's nothing to see here. Move along, citizen.

26 Mar 2017, 20:21 PM

The issue only became apparent with the release of the Brits, it basically didn't exist before then. Which of course doesn't excuse fixing it, but Relic barely did any bug-fixing at that point anyway (even game-breaking bugs took over two weeks to result in a "hot"-fix from Relic).

it always existed, pretty much every medium tank have a chance to not get hit by it.

Its a rare bug that happens very often

kek.
26 Mar 2017, 20:23 PM
Donator 11

The issue was in the game much earlier, it was usually initiated by t34/85s. It was a very rare and hard to track bug back there. With introduction of cromwells and comets it become much more frequent, but it also made it possible to finally track it down and fix it.
27 Mar 2017, 21:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2017, 07:49 AMErguvan
changelog from the next patch
"Fixed an issue where certain types of mines (most infamously, Teller mines) would trigger too early, thus failing to cause damage on enemy targets (Fix provided by NachoCheese)"

Hey OP, they are going to fix this in today's patch, DW.

There's nothing to see here. Move along, citizen.

That made me physically cringe
28 Mar 2017, 07:55 AM

Haha, man, this bug was always so bad for a faction that already suffers from munitions sinks and has frequently been underpowered.
28 Mar 2017, 08:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2017, 07:55 AMCyanara
Haha, man, this bug was always so bad for a faction that already suffers from munitions sinks and has frequently been underpowered.

I remember Brit launch and the centaur 'destroyer of worlds' and crocodoom would drive into your entire army unchallenged. The hopelessness was real. Then they would come near to your teller mine, you would enjoy a sudden rush of decisive victory, even more so when they triggered the teller mine. But then, you realized in uncanny horror that the teller mine didn't do anything and the monsters would press on their advance with indefinite impunity.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 572

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment