Login

russian armor

Improve Grens in number

• This thread is locked
30 Jul 2013, 08:37 AM
Patrion 26

Hey guys, I know many of you hate me =) But this time I am not discussing about motherland so I think everything should be fine.
I am here to start a discussion about a 5-man Grens squad, would like to hear opinions on this. Way I see it 4-man is just too bad for Grens as a starting unit because it makes it a hard time to cap support weapons and save the squad on top of that. I understand that there should be some tweaks to it since this will make Grens stronger HP and damage wise, but I believe the Relic developers could think on.
30 Jul 2013, 08:39 AM

30 Jul 2013, 08:40 AM
Patrion 26

lol

best feedback ever
30 Jul 2013, 08:42 AM
Honorary Member Badge

ive had this idea a long long time ago when i first played alpha (sega forums are a peice of shit. (couldn't log on.)

not for survivability but it would help down play Russian snipers a bit. but most importantly for the weapon re-crews right now is very hard and taxing for the German player compared to the soviet player. when they re-crew they go down to one man soviets go to 3. it means that you can re-crew in middle of fights so much easier. due to more squad left. this way it would be 2 and 3 much more even. (ofc panzer grens stay 4)

however it would require lots of tweaking i def think it would be a good thing and improve things early game. (i think anyways)

also make a random chance to just commit sucide instead of always running away relic please it was funny. adds some variety and attention to detail as well.)

a side note about squad numbers think that mgs should be moved back to 3 man squads and mortars and paks should stay 4 man that's my personal opinion anyways. an interesting thought maybe make it so weapon crews are built with 3 men but you can reinforce them to 4 man.
30 Jul 2013, 08:44 AM

maybe if you pushed grens to t2 and pg's to t3, and had osttruppen for t1
30 Jul 2013, 09:09 AM
Patrion 26

Compared to conscripts ostruupen are not that bad to be honest, thats an idea aswell
30 Jul 2013, 10:51 AM

Ostruppen are great late game capping units. If they're replacing Grens in T1 it would skew the early game even more.

Grenadiers are fine generally. If they were buffed in any way it would upset the Grenadier-Conscript balance.

If you want to increase the models on any squad, pick PzGrens.

30 Jul 2013, 10:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2013, 08:42 AMWiFiDi
also make a random chance to just commit sucide instead of always running away relic please it was funny. adds some variety and attention to detail as well.)

+1
30 Jul 2013, 12:57 PM
Patrion 26

Ostruppen are great late game capping units. If they're replacing Grens in T1 it would skew the early game even more.

Grenadiers are fine generally. If they were buffed in any way it would upset the Grenadier-Conscript balance.

If you want to increase the models on any squad, pick PzGrens.

Why would you increase PGrens? I mean they are already elite and you don't use them to cap stuff
30 Jul 2013, 13:15 PM

Hey guys, I know many of you hate me =) But this time I am not discussing about motherland so I think everything should be fine.
I am here to start a discussion about a 5-man Grens squad, would like to hear opinions on this. Way I see it 4-man is just too bad for Grens as a starting unit because it makes it a hard time to cap support weapons and save the squad on top of that. I understand that there should be some tweaks to it since this will make Grens stronger HP and damage wise, but I believe the Relic developers could think on.

30 Jul 2013, 13:31 PM

You have to know that the factions in coh2 as in vcoh are not built the same way and are not supposed to offer the same strategies or actions in game.

If soviet can pick weapons in the midde of a fight and keep going while werh needs to wait the end of the fight to pick their stuff back, it's the way relic wants to see the metagame.

It was harder to pick stuff as werh than as US in vcoh, and nobody complained about it.
30 Jul 2013, 14:00 PM
Patrion 26

The point of the thread was to say why you believe its bad or good. Just to see opinions, also I never compared vcoh to coh2
30 Jul 2013, 14:08 PM

Why would you increase PGrens? I mean they are already elite and you don't use them to cap stuff

Because PzGrens are no good with PzSchreks. They're designed as an Anti-Infantry squad with the option to get some AT. With 4 models with 2 Schreks, they're too weak to handle any tanks because they don't have the health, and with 4 models with 2 assault rifles, they're not doing enough damage to handle infantry.

Giving them 5 models and lowering the damage for each model's assault rifle so that they're still doing the same damage overall is the best solution imo. You then get to upgrade them with PzSchreks, so they're now a slightly more durable anti-vehicle platform, and then you still keep 3 anti-infantry models which will do more damage to infantry overall than the 2 models did before.

If you don't understand me, I'll make up some numbers and explain;

4 PzGren models do 20 anti-infantry damage. This means 5 damage each. 5x4 = 20

If you increase the amount of models to 5, to get the new value for how much damage they do, you divide the total damage by the number of models. 20/5 = 4 damage.

So now you have 5 models doing 20 damage, 4 damage each.

When you upgrade a 4 model PzGren squad with PzSchreks, you have 10 total anti-infantry damage. 2x5 = 10.

If you upgrade a 5 model PzGren squad with PzSchreks, you have 12 total anti-infantry damage. 3x4 = 12.

So, now you have more health on the squad, which makes them better for fighting tanks, and you now do 20% more damage against infantry when you're upgraded with PzSchreks.
30 Jul 2013, 14:23 PM

how about an option to upgrade to one shreck for 90 munitions, or two for 120 munitions
30 Jul 2013, 15:22 PM

They had 1 Schrek for 80 MU back in the Beta. I don't know why they ever changed it, but people didn't use Schreks nearly as much after that.
30 Jul 2013, 20:11 PM

I've got a better idea - we should give them a six man squad, and give half of them Mosin rifles and the other half KR98 rifles. Then do the same to the Russians. Then do the same to all the other units, and we can all be happy because all the sides are exactly the same. That will be fun, right?
28 Apr 2016, 20:58 PM

28 Apr 2016, 21:29 PM

This has been discussed like a million times there balanced the way they are adding a 5th man means they will need a lot of adjustment dps wise and others and we know how good relic is at doing that
28 Apr 2016, 21:41 PM

grens are fine, just the poor squad spacing gets them wiped and thats really the only issue.
28 Apr 2016, 21:47 PM
Donator 11

No
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak