Login

russian armor

Worst than brace : multiple OKW's flak trucks camping vp

28 Mar 2017, 08:01 AM

WTF??

the schwere is so easy to kill...espacily in teamgame...if u have problem to kill it...its ur own problem.

the long range AT/ Tankhunter/arti/callins etc...they all kill it in secounds.

Sarcasm isn't easily spotted without emotes it seems :snfPeter:
28 Mar 2017, 16:12 PM

Not to be biased towards any faction, but NO USF & OKW players builds all three tiers every single game.(Assuming in 1v1)
USF & OKW can and will skip tiers to rush final tier.(Unless stalling for callins which almost everyone and their pet monkey does)

USF build order in most games:
1. Lieu(200MP+50F) + Major(240MP+120F) + Ambo(250MP+10F) = Total(690MP + 180F)
2. Cpt(200MP+60F) + Major(240MP+120F) + Ambo(250MP+10F) = Total(690MP + 190F)

OKW build order in most games: (Med upgrade is always used for Battlegroup, but repair pioneers are seldom used, for this comparison let's assume pioneer upgrade is purchased)
1. Battlegroupe(200MP+25F) + Medics(100MP+15F) + Flak HQ(200MP+120F) = Total(500MP+160F)
2. Mechanised(200MP+50F) + Repairs(100MP+15F) + Flak HQ(200MP+120F) = Total(500MP+185F)

With skipping tiers USF & OKW gets access to their final tier earlier than other factions, assuming that equal resource income is available.

This guy knows what he is saying.No schwer flak upgrade needed
28 Mar 2017, 18:10 PM
Donator 33

No upgrade then it'll need something else like remove suppression. It needs something changed and not to concede that is pointless. A free AA supression platform with your tech, whereas people readily detest that USA get a squad with a fuel charge.
28 Mar 2017, 18:27 PM

Not to be biased towards any faction, but NO USF & OKW players builds all three tiers every single game.(Assuming in 1v1)
USF & OKW can and will skip tiers to rush final tier.(Unless stalling for callins which almost everyone and their pet monkey does)

USF build order in most games:
1. Lieu(200MP+50F) + Major(240MP+120F) + Ambo(250MP+10F) = Total(690MP + 180F)
2. Cpt(200MP+60F) + Major(240MP+120F) + Ambo(250MP+10F) = Total(690MP + 190F)

OKW build order in most games: (Med upgrade is always used for Battlegroup, but repair pioneers are seldom used, for this comparison let's assume pioneer upgrade is purchased)
1. Battlegroupe(200MP+25F) + Medics(100MP+15F) + Flak HQ(200MP+120F) = Total(500MP+160F)
2. Mechanised(200MP+50F) + Repairs(100MP+15F) + Flak HQ(200MP+120F) = Total(500MP+185F)

With skipping tiers USF & OKW gets access to their final tier earlier than other factions, assuming that equal resource income is available.

That was something I merely implied. That said, the total cost shouldn't be ignored, because if some factions are able to get all their tech in every game without much trouble, but others have to select, this provides a source of imbalance for strategic freedom - which has to be differentiated further between "has to get all tech due to their design" and "can get all tech due the cost".

Ostheer for example has to get all their tech due to their design. There is no switching around, every tier contains essential units you can't play without. Brits also can't really forgo a tier, although their side-tech allows for more freedom. The Soviets on the other hand can (just like the Americans) play around a bit, although even here we see certain limitations. And finally we have OKW, which simply can't get all their tech outside of the biggest and longest team-games, because they cost is absolutely prohibitive.

These differences in design should be considered, and not just on the basis of the strategic freedom they provide, but also on the illusion of said freedom - there is a difference in being able to forgo a tier because I can live without it, or by having to forgo a tier, because I couldn't possibly recoup the invested resources by inflicting an equal amount of loss on the enemy.

P.S.: Then there is of course the cost of the units in relation to their effectiveness to be considered - OKW doesn't look particularly good there, especially if we look at the units available only through teching. Most of their tanks for example don't do anything special, yet they are considerably more expensive than their counterparts (for which there is of course an historic reason) beyond their mere stat increases.
28 Mar 2017, 21:01 PM

These differences in design should be considered, and not just on the basis of the strategic freedom they provide, but also on the illusion of said freedom - there is a difference in being able to forgo a tier because I can live without it, or by having to forgo a tier, because I couldn't possibly recoup the invested resources by inflicting an equal amount of loss on the enemy.

P.S.: Then there is of course the cost of the units in relation to their effectiveness to be considered - OKW doesn't look particularly good there, especially if we look at the units available only through teching. Most of their tanks for example don't do anything special, yet they are considerably more expensive than their counterparts (for which there is of course an historic reason) beyond their mere stat increases.

Well said sir!
Given the extensive resource sink that is OKW, even team games you rarely see all 4 trucks, unless OFC you are playing against PC
28 Mar 2017, 23:26 PM

this is a stupid post and shouldn't even be considered for discussion. Brace as well as most other British units and ability is just pure cheese. Noob friendly cheese, no unit, no building should have a "push for virtual invincibility" with such a low recharge time. such a mornic play style as well.
29 Mar 2017, 00:02 AM
Patrion 27

What if cutting off the territory that a Schewer HQ is in disabled its gun?
29 Mar 2017, 12:57 PM

OP is clearly drunk and doesn't know what he is talking about.. KATUSHAS/Calliopes/Landmattress/120mm/USF mortars/UKF motar pits/SU heavy arty all make short work of any OKW emplacement. Oh and the countless artillery options and air strikes all the factions have such as the bombing run, insta drop arty from USF. The delete OKW building bombing drop from UKF, Shit even the valentine with the combined artillery. Shit even 2 AT guns with a spotter can knock out a tier in short time, at least EVERY SHOT COUNTS.

Now let's talk about the invincible alien technology I like to call brace. You know when some sandbags stop a ST shot, or a Stuka dive bomb does virtually nothing. All for the quarter of the price, and a click of a button... you know when you have doctorines that completely support emplacements. Emplacements that can go invincible and heal themselves all with a push of a button, all at the same time.

Yea...

+1
29 Mar 2017, 13:27 PM

You know what you gonna get when playing 3vs3/4vs4. Unbalanced shitstorm where at least one of the team must build nothing but arty to get rid of the enemy strongpoints. Brits strongpoints are much harder to crack.
aaa
29 Mar 2017, 13:31 PM

OH not just can easily skip every single tier. They do it 90% of the games.
They can even skip both t3 and 4. I did it and faced it many times.
29 Mar 2017, 13:58 PM

this thread is bringing out clear biases but also of modders which have hand in the patches like mr.smith we need some axis biased modders to balance it our too
29 Mar 2017, 14:39 PM

OKW Flak truck is a nice deterrent but it costs 120 precious fuel to build and is critical for bringing in tanks. Losing it hurts way more than losing a stupid BOFORS emplacement.

I'll only put a flak truck on a critical point if we are crushing the other team and I just want the truck to babysit the point while I do other stuff.

A much better use for it is putting next to arty pieces or rear repair areas that are vulnerable to partisans or glider commandos.

And to everyone comparing the cost of items for OKW vs. other factions: At least other factions can build resource caches, thereby giving them an absolutely massive advantage.
29 Mar 2017, 14:42 PM

Solutions from Mirage and WhatDothLife are the only ones which make sense and would be acceptable.

No offense but you have 0 games as Axis https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/11/steamid/76561197970790508 maybe try Axis for once and see how ez they are :)

There you go.
29 Mar 2017, 16:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2017, 13:31 PMaaa
OH not just can easily skip every single tier. They do it 90% of the games.
They can even skip both t3 and 4. I did it and faced it many times.

I think you should seek professional help. Maybe coh2.org is an addiction for you, an extremely unhealthy addiction at that. This post shows how far from reality your mind has gone
29 Mar 2017, 16:14 PM
Donator 33

Lol my calliope as if the recent patch wasnt dispassionate. The mod team is doing a reasonable job of stayin on focus of the principal of balance. The suggestion from smith is alright, but again the schwere is providing a lot of services.

Forward defensive point
Supression platform
Anti Aircraft
Tech structure

This combined with the finger pointing that USA gets "free" services by getting a squad at that payment for tech smacks of double standards.

Although the USA reissue is largely nullified now with captain paying for his bazooka.

So coming back to it tge schwere is getting a lot of "free" things and it needs a legitimate decision process not thr no brainer placement that provides all these services at normal teaching cost.
29 Mar 2017, 16:20 PM

Lol my calliope as if the recent patch wasnt dispassionate. The mod team is doing a reasonable job of stayin on focus of the principal of balance. The suggestion from smith is alright, but again the schwere is providing a lot of services.

Forward defensive point
Supression platform
Anti Aircraft
Tech structure

This combined with the finger pointing that USA gets "free" services by getting a squad at that payment for tech smacks of double standards.

Although the USA reissue is largely nullified now with captain paying for his bazooka.

So coming back to it tge schwere is getting a lot of "free" things and it needs a legitimate decision process not thr no brainer placement that provides all these services at normal teaching cost.

If you think 200pm 120 fuel is free then quit life. Any respectable player builds these at a distance In fear of losing it and being set back to the Stone Age or a must for a call in which is even further delayed. Also at this point usually the player has already sacrificed healing, or a light tank/Stuka.

Keep in mind that the Allies, as a whole, has plenty of tools to defeat this building. And unlike brace, every shot counts and does not self repair
aaa
30 Mar 2017, 03:36 AM

flak truck has a value similar to 1 medium. I imagine I build T4 and get a free tank as a bonus. That what happens to okw.
Plus shwer is the fastest medium tank tier in game.
30 Mar 2017, 04:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2017, 03:36 AMaaa
flak truck has a value similar to 1 medium. I imagine I build T4 and get a free tank as a bonus. That what happens to okw.
Plus shwer is the fastest medium tank tier in game.

I've been quietly reading these post for a while now but I had to log in just to respond to this. A free tank? Are you kidding me mate? By that logic every time the brits build emplacements its a cheap heavy tank. The schwer HQ can be dislodged by so many things, it's at the most a delay tactic, and that if the other team is bad and your team is good you can force them in a corner (does not happen with evenly matched teams).
30 Mar 2017, 12:38 PM

I think you should seek professional help. Maybe coh2.org is an addiction for you, an extremely unhealthy addiction at that. This post shows how far from reality your mind has gone

No, it is actually possible. You can skip Tier III and IV and still win. If you end the game before the ten minutes mark that is… Kappa
30 Mar 2017, 12:44 PM

for all who has problems with schwerer to kill it...exspacily in teamgames:

learn2play, newbz!

;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak