Login

russian armor

Ægion's Balance and Rework

7 Apr 2017, 20:15 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I am trying to make it so they generally have 25% more health like the five man squad upgrade with out the extra dps from a fifth man. Five men is actually way too much of a power creep for these squads. Perahaps a general armor upgrade would probably be better. Enough armor with RNG allowing for approximately 20% more health.

The best way to go about this would probably be a .8 multiplier to received accuracy, although regardless of which way you implement this it would probably be a crazy buff.
7 Apr 2017, 22:05 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The best way to go about this would probably be a .8 multiplier to received accuracy, although regardless of which way you implement this it would probably be a crazy buff.

The problem with Receive accuracy multipliers it the fact they effect each other. Example default .91 x.8 x .77 = .56056. An MG would have trouble suppressing this. However if it is solely armor then I can ignore it seeing all the mg's penetration is higher than one, making MGs still a proper counter.

The reason why I am adding this upgrade to allow Ostheer units scale better. OKW has it veterancy, USF has powerful slot items and the british has slot weapons also but their main back bone is really the five man squads. Soviets, I am still working on. I am trying to buff conscripts with out them overlapping other soviet infantry. I am working on a T0 Commissar unit that can give temporary auras like the Ostheer Artillery officer and other support abilities to "lead" the conscripts. He will also act a non doctrinal munitions sink.
8 Apr 2017, 00:44 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The problem with Receive accuracy multipliers it the fact they effect each other. Example default .91 x.8 x .77 = .56056. An MG would have trouble suppressing this. However if it is solely armor then I can ignore it seeing all the mg's penetration is higher than one, making MGs still a proper counter.

The reason why I am adding this upgrade to allow Ostheer units scale better. OKW has it veterancy, USF has powerful slot items and the british has slot weapons also but their main back bone is really the five man squads. Soviets, I am still working on. I am trying to buff conscripts with out them overlapping other soviet infantry. I am working on a T0 Commissar unit that can give temporary auras like the Ostheer Artillery officer and other support abilities to "lead" the conscripts. He will also act a non doctrinal munitions sink.

I remember relic a long time ago specifically had a patch that normalizes all infantry armor (except for shocks) down to 1 and traded it for received accuracy. Also iirc MGs have some AOE suppression as well, though admittedly .8 would be a bit much. I'd argue greens might be better off with a weapon cool down reduction rather than survivability.

Also increasing health or reduced received damage would be a no-no since mortars lose the ability to take models from a direct hit on hull health.

About Soviets though, an easy idea for conscript scalability would be either a 2x svt-40 upgrade or 1x dp-28 upgrade.
11 Apr 2017, 10:06 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Updated

Soviets
New Unit
High Commissar (T0)
-300 Manpower
-Uses munitions support abilities to lead soviet units to allow better scaling in the late game
-Initial Commissar has a longer deploy time

Abilities
Vet 0: Artillery Officer's Inspire
Vet 0: Captain's Supervise
Vet 1: Sturm Officer Force Retreat
Vet 3: Passive healing
Vet 4: Passive Sprint
Vet 5: Kv-1 Deploy

Shocks
vet 1 ability changed from trip flare to Tactical Assault
added an SVT upgrade to transform from a close range squad to a mid range squad.

Ostheer

Bundle Grenades now replaced with Stick Grenades
Due to the squad wiping nature, I am replacing with a smaller grenade.
Equal to the Mills bomb

UKF

Light gammon
Due to the squad wiping nature, I am replacing with a smaller grenade.
Now equals to Mills bomb

Valentines
-Valentines now can switch ammo types from AP to HE
-Valentines Vet 1 ability is now the recon mode. Previous Vet 1 ability removed.

Tactical Assault
now a toggle ability
1.5 accuracy and received accuracy is now 1.2

12 Apr 2017, 08:55 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I love commissary in T0, perhaps could remove the reticle.

In the British alpha were the Infantry Section Observers, they retired but did not know if it was because the ability was bugged,

It would be nice to include them in your mod with add an update to AT nade HEAT and to appear the symbol observer infantry section.

This would be a third upgrade or maybe add them to T2 or T3 with ATnade HEAT
12 Apr 2017, 13:14 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

New Update

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2017, 08:55 AMcapiqua
...perhaps could remove the reticle.

Done

New infantry Section Upgrade
Recon supplies 40 Munitions
-adds Recon Mode
-adds the Tank Hunker's Heat Grenade
-adds additional sight like pyrotechnics

Recon mode disables weapons, forces crawling, gains additional sight, and enables camouflage. While in this mode they can help spot for positioning and advancing.

USF and UKF medics new ability:
Triage Center
-similar to Captain's Supervise
-Target Production Building, glider, or UKF Forward HQ gains a Heal aura.
-Substitute for sometimes micro intensive individual medics.
-Able to target ALLIED buildings to allow team play. (Soviet player does not have medics yet, now he does.)

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS