Login

russian armor

Ostheer infantry scaling

4 Mar 2017, 20:14 PM

How exactly is Ostheer infantry scaling going to improve after wbp hits live? As far as I know there will still be double bar wielding riflemen and double bren infantry squads(as there will be no exact changes to their damage output when wbp hits compared to live). Along side the extremely powerful Allied indirect fire possibilities, I see no real improvement to the Ostheer infantry scaling.

Yes light vehicles were nerfed, so was the USF mortar and penals and guards, but it still doesn't change the fact that Grens or Pgrens won't stand a chance against double wielding riflemen and tommies.
4 Mar 2017, 20:26 PM

Squad spacing is the largest "buff". In cover and with Vet the Wehrmacht fight quite well. The problem is when AOE starts flying everywhere and a fragile squad can lose 2/3rds its HP instantly. With that turned down, combat lethality is normalizing.
aaa
4 Mar 2017, 20:33 PM

will it ever stop
4 Mar 2017, 20:34 PM

Well basically it comes down to three main points.

1. Without the overwhelmingly potent performance and squad wipe potential of light vehicles (t-70 etc.), or the ability for Penals/guards to bully all but Obers from the moment of first engagement until the end of the game, grens/p-grens are able to maintain a solid presence in the field for most of the game, meaning they can actually vet correctly without being pushed back to base nearly every engagement before the 20min mark.

2. Without the likes of the US mortar, not only is static infantry play (grens fighting from cover etc.) now viable, but the support weapons they are designed to work in tandem with actually have a chance to provide cover against other infantry and vehicles without being one shot wiped by said US 81mm.

3. In combination with the previous two points, means now that Wehr infantry are no longer bleeding so heavily in the early game, you have more resources to deploy additional vehicles/support weapons to back them up when fighting the superior quality of infantry like rifles and IS during the mid-game, which in turn leads to a more solid lategame.

I'm not saying things are perfect yet, far from it in fact, the calliope, LM, double brens etc are all major problems, but overall this is a great first step.

4 Mar 2017, 21:36 PM

Well basically it comes down to three main points.

I'm not saying things are perfect yet, far from it in fact, the calliope, LM, double brens etc are all major problems, but overall this is a great first step.

Oh I agree, yet I don't think the effect will be felt that hard.
4 Mar 2017, 22:41 PM

wow, what a thread. dangerous bob crying about UP axis and aaa the allied fanboy #1 in one single thread. enough internet for today.
4 Mar 2017, 22:49 PM

PGrens are quite good if you ask me.
4 Mar 2017, 23:03 PM

Ostheer infanyry was never a problem, it was some mechanics in place that cause iasues like one mortar shot wipes and high AOE light vechiale play
4 Mar 2017, 23:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2017, 23:03 PMGenObi
Ostheer infanyry was never a problem, it was some mechanics in place that cause iasues like one mortar shot wipes and high AOE light vechiale play

Alright balance expert, we'll see how much of that is true once the patch hits.
4 Mar 2017, 23:29 PM

Alright balance expert, we'll see how much of that is true once the patch hits.

Sense a little fangirl but hurtness in that statment, however yes we will have to see. It is after all why we have patches. As of right now most infantry are in a good place
5 Mar 2017, 02:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2017, 23:29 PMGenObi

Sense a little fangirl but hurtness in that statment, however yes we will have to see. It is after all why we have patches. As of right now most infantry are in a good place

And I sense a little bit of arrogance from a person who hasn't posted here in ages and who I doubt even actively plays the game in order to cast a non-biased opinion on the matter at hand.
5 Mar 2017, 06:33 AM

wow, what a thread. dangerous bob crying about UP axis and aaa the allied fanboy #1 in one single thread. enough internet for today.

USSR dominates ost tbh
5 Mar 2017, 13:40 PM

USSR dominates ost tbh

There was no point in the Winter Balance Patch if it doesn't fix that then.
5 Mar 2017, 16:38 PM

And I sense a little bit of arrogance from a person who hasn't posted here in ages and who I doubt even actively plays the game in order to cast a non-biased opinion on the matter at hand.

It is true i took a long break, and it is true my rank has taken a bit a dive (from top 100 to now 130-200) but i have started to play again. Not knowing how to use units isn't the same as the unit is "broken"
5 Mar 2017, 23:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2017, 16:38 PMGenObi

It is true i took a long break, and it is true my rank has taken a bit a dive (from top 100 to now 130-200) but i have started to play again. Not knowing how to use units isn't the same as the unit is "broken"

Wehrmacht infantry are not broken, they're just underperforming and that's obvious.

And unless you can prove otherwise you're only spewing bull and nothing more.
6 Mar 2017, 01:08 AM

Wehrmacht infantry are not broken, they're just underperforming and that's obvious.

And unless you can prove otherwise you're only spewing bull and nothing more.

If thats the case you have any proof that they are underperforming? If not then your full of nonesense. I will at least take face value on experience, playcard please
6 Mar 2017, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2017, 01:08 AMGenObi

If thats the case you have any proof that they are underperforming? If not then your full of nonesense. I will at least take face value on experience, playcard please

There is enough proof around the forums of that, even a video.

However I will not be wasting my time finding it for you.

Have a nice day.
6 Mar 2017, 09:26 AM

In live according to relic Ostheer infantry is UP:

"This balance mod has been created as a collaboration between community members and balance modders, GGTheMachine, Mr Smith, and Miragefla. The scope of this patch has been focused to a subset of priority balance concerns sourced from community feedback and balance data. These concern areas include Light Tanks/Vehicles, Squad Formations & Clumping, USF Mortar, Penals & Guards, and Wehrmacht Infantry Scaling."
6 Mar 2017, 17:40 PM

Ost infantry is indeed a problem. Relic itself said that in the WBP scope.
We aprreciate the effort of the balance team, but they wasted too much time and effort in Penals and made almost nothing for the Wehrmacht Infantry. Squad Formations & Clumping is not enough because Arty spam is on fire nowadays!!!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★