Login

russian armor

different firing ranges of inf units?

4 Mar 2017, 10:30 AM

So far I was under the impression that if inf unit A can fire at inf unit B, than this applies vice versa - as long as both have the standard sight range of 30.

Now I observed for the second time a situation where unit B did not returned fire although the target was indeed visible. The fight was quite simpe: riflemen (exp. Lv 1) in bushes (yellow cover) shooting at Panzergrenadier in capping circle (neutral cover). The PzGren did not return fire.

Does anyone know what could be the issue here?

Maybe it is related to the fact that some enteties were outside and some inside the range?
4 Mar 2017, 10:44 AM

So far I was under the impression that if inf unit A can fire at inf unit B, than this applies vice versa - as long as both have the standard sight range of 30.

Now I observed for the second time a situation where unit B did not returned fire although the target was indeed visible. The fight was quite simpe: riflemen (exp. Lv 1) in bushes (yellow cover) shooting at Panzergrenadier in capping circle (neutral cover). The PzGren did not return fire.

Does anyone know what could be the issue here?

Maybe it is related to the fact that some enteties were outside and some inside the range?

Sight radius is 35 not 30.

Range check is for each entity separately.

In addition some time vision/shot blocker prevent a unit from firing but not from being fired upon (seen it happen more with vehicles not sure if it happen with infantry).

Some unit get extra range (pathfinders, Fall, PTRS)
4 Mar 2017, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2017, 10:44 AMVipper

Sight radius is 35 not 30.

Range check is for each entity separately.

In addition some time vision/shot blocker prevent a unit from firing but not from being fired upon (seen it happen more with vehicles not sure if it happen with infantry).

Some unit get extra range (pathfinders, Fall, PTRS)

Thanks for the correction although it actually doesnt change the context. Extra range could also be not the reason as the unit in question were riflemen and Panzergrenadiers. So it leaves the explanation with shot blocker. That is indeed a good point. However, the field between mentioned units was plain grassland.
4 Mar 2017, 22:16 PM

Stg44 range is lower than rifle
4 Mar 2017, 22:54 PM

Stg44 range is lower than rifle

?VG ST44 has a range of 35 as other weapons...
5 Mar 2017, 04:28 AM
Patrion 27

Pathfinders and Jaeger Light Infantry get range upgrades from veterancy.
5 Mar 2017, 19:38 PM

Now, this is getting a bit strange. I encountered described situation just again. Riflemen shot, p.gren dont. This time a very tiny tree was right in between the firing line. Could this be the explanation? But why should a little tree let on shot and block the other?

How can I upload a screenshot?
5 Mar 2017, 20:50 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

If they are at very max range they can sometimes have issues shooting back, this really happens with all units. This usually happens when not all of the squad is in range, when you are bordering the weapon range it does funny things.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★