Login

russian armor

Non-Rifle DPS army comp

2 Mar 2017, 19:11 PM

Is it viable to use Rifles as basically fodder with no muni invested, then go LT+CAP while using all the light vehicles plus .50 cal and mortar?

Stuart, M20, M15, and M16 with HMG and AT guns is a pretty scary force as long as Rifles protect them, and once a CaliOPe or Priest is deployed Pak/MG walls/Flak HQ crumble. The reason I've been trying this over 4 rifle with double LMG is that strategy can easily be bled of MP, can't have proxy units hold key VPs, and once the Stuart is lost you lose flank ability.

I was ranked 157 using 4 rifle, lost it and went to 250, and now am back to 150ish using super aggressive combined arms.

What is this weak against at higher play levels other than 444 or just 222?
2 Mar 2017, 19:27 PM
Donator 11

Isn't it a micro hell to micro all of these light vehicles against a pak wall or a single tank though? I think you are going to loose them if they are in such quantity, especially as getting 1 of each kind means they have different characteristics. But you may ofc a godly micro I will never posses :P
2 Mar 2017, 19:42 PM

Riflemen compete really well even without squad weapons. Overlapping the M15 and Stuart is a bit risky, + one teller mine ruins your day.

It's tough to say where problems would arise. I would imagine you wouldn't enjoy the classics: Tiger stall, double LeiG, mobile defense puma, double luchs could be really bad if your opponent knew somehow you weren't going for a major/dealt with your Stuart quickly and really hammered your cut off or something. JLI + Ostwind supported by a JPiV doesn't sound like much fun either. Or an OKW player who goes all in with Defensive operations gets loads of Bunkers/MG34's on a map like crossing in the woods. The addition of the Mortar will really help, but the question then becomes, can you hold on until the Caliope/Priest and then will they do enough damage so that a KT/Tiger/PiV doesn't spoil all your late game toil.

Generally I find that if I'm going to go without the Major I'm supplementing my army with M10's and Dozers, and that's usually not by choice.
2 Mar 2017, 19:58 PM

Is it viable to use Rifles as basically fodder with no muni invested, then go LT+CAP while using all the light vehicles plus .50 cal and mortar?

Stuart, M20, M15, and M16 with HMG and AT guns is a pretty scary force as long as Rifles protect them, and once a CaliOPe or Priest is deployed Pak/MG walls/Flak HQ crumble. The reason I've been trying this over 4 rifle with double LMG is that strategy can easily be bled of MP, can't have proxy units hold key VPs, and once the Stuart is lost you lose flank ability.

I was ranked 157 using 4 rifle, lost it and went to 250, and now am back to 150ish using super aggressive combined arms.

the last time i've seen you posting was ages ago.

nice, thought you were gone ;)
2 Mar 2017, 22:19 PM

Rifles can still do some work without BARs, you just need to sit in cover and let the volume of fire stack up, specially since you will be letting team weapons do the heavy lifting.
3 Mar 2017, 07:52 AM

Weaknesses:
On some maps vs Oshteer G43 spam. Probably as well vs Ostruppen spam where you're not going to take the edge vs the swarm.
Late game vs any kind of upgraded infantry.
If you opponent went 2xmortars to counter your support weapons.

In a vacuum, any time you'll face someone equal/better than you, you'll probably lose cuz using support weapons doesn't mean not using BARs, you need to use them both.

On the other hand, this strat works vs an aggressive OKW truck emplacement with the reco commander and its pathfinders. The amo you save is easily used for early arty calls. But I wouldn't build too much LVs, you need to rush your first sherman to put an end to the game as fast as possible.
4 Mar 2017, 07:48 AM

the last time i've seen you posting was ages ago.

nice, thought you were gone ;)

Coming back, the goal is breaking 100 with 2 non Sov factions.

Everything is noted guys, ty.
4 Mar 2017, 11:15 AM

Coming back, the goal is breaking 100 with 2 non Sov factions.

Everything is noted guys, ty.

Try it with OKW and Ostheer, or at least ignore brits as well :)
4 Mar 2017, 17:47 PM

Try it with OKW and Ostheer, or at least ignore brits as well :)

Ost is tons of fun but I literally can't stand OKW because it's just infantry spam.

USF is a fair challenge imho but playing against call-ins, 444, Volks makes me want a brain aneurism.
4 Mar 2017, 19:03 PM

Ost is tons of fun but I literally can't stand OKW because it's just infantry spam.

USF is a fair challenge imho but playing against call-ins, 444, Volks makes me want a brain aneurism.

Lol, NO.

OKW right now is all about great early game with kubel, allowing agression into mid game luchs and puma and then you can do what you want.

They are no longer infntry spam. If you just brainlessly spam infantry you gonna die
4 Mar 2017, 20:54 PM

Lol, NO.

OKW right now is all about great early game with kubel, allowing agression into mid game luchs and puma and then you can do what you want.

They are no longer infntry spam. If you just brainlessly spam infantry you gonna die

They spam infantry and rush vehicles my bad. I use the term spam with them, and not USF or Sov penal/guard armies, because OKW infantry excluding Obers is retardedly cost efficient and don't really have synergies with each other or special utility, and the ability to screen infantry forces with predator camo puppchens encourages A-move kind of play imho. The faction is honestly kind of UP but they are just too linear and specialized in T0/tech rush for me.
4 Mar 2017, 21:31 PM

They spam infantry and rush vehicles my bad. I use the term spam with them, and not USF or Sov penal/guard armies, because OKW infantry excluding Obers is retardedly cost efficient and don't really have synergies with each other or special utility, and the ability to screen infantry forces with predator camo puppchens encourages A-move kind of play imho. The faction is honestly kind of UP but they are just too linear and specialized in T0/tech rush for me.

Then try USF/OST, my favorites
4 Mar 2017, 21:43 PM

Then try USF/OST, my favorites

For sure.
4 Mar 2017, 22:08 PM

as an addendum, after muddling around in some 4on4's and duels, panzershreks if left unchecked are really going to run amok against the mobile wing of your army. Seeing as you'll have to cover them with your squad weapons, well executed counter attacks could spoil things and kind of defeat the purpose. Or, stuff like the 221 Battlegroup aren't going to fun to contend with either.
7 Mar 2017, 21:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's really not practical in the current meta, especially when you consider how efficient the stuart is.

After WBP however you should have some better luck. The AA halftrack is pretty great now if you use it right, and going for mgs is much easier without being gimped skipping the stuart. You are eventually going to have to get weapon racks anyways, you need the something to spend muni on and it's just too cheap to pass up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS