Login

russian armor

OKW need a early anti MG-Spam unit.

24 Feb 2017, 04:44 AM

I'll gladly review the first replay for you.

[watch this space]
Vaz
24 Feb 2017, 09:09 AM

[watch this space]

LMAO, this will be fun
24 Feb 2017, 10:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2017, 01:59 AMGrumpy

You are absolutely right:

[url=][img="http://i66.tinypic.com/15me6b9.jpg" alt=""]

rekt in 16 minutes, mvp = Maxim

Maxims are one of the worst units for scaling into the late game. I'd much rather face them than the penals/guards/T70 bs that some players do.

As ostheer is much simple.Just make mg,gren,mortar,gren,mortar(now he might have 3maxim and one mortar)just try to have one less mortar than he has maxims.Use grens to damage maxim after he is moving the maxims.BUt for the OKW is horrible because you need to wait too much for ieig18
24 Feb 2017, 10:44 AM

As ostheer is much simple.Just make mg,gren,mortar,gren,mortar(now he might have 3maxim and one mortar)just try to have one less mortar than he has maxims.Use grens to damage maxim after he is moving the maxims.BUt for the OKW is horrible because you need to wait too much for ieig18

no ost player has problem with mg spam...cause they have cheap 222, smoke, morta, wide range grenades, good mg, flame HT

all that have OKW NOT
24 Feb 2017, 11:14 AM

Permanently Banned
SMOKE, that's all I need.
24 Feb 2017, 12:04 PM

All infantry need less suppresion in yellow cover.
In hand with larger green covers, becose many time one model go outside of cover and instapin all squad.

MG spam (MG42, vickers and maxims) kill this game. Large games are about lock sectors with MG and outbombard enemy team.
24 Feb 2017, 12:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2017, 09:09 AMVaz

Sorry to disappoint you. ;)

Since there seemed to be a consensus with the feedback on your first replay I decided I would actually take the second.

Although I sympathise with you to a point since both WFA have historically struggled to fend off sieges, and break garrisons in particular; lapses in concentration, letting smaller tactical errors compound themselves, and an incorrect strategy lost you this match. I hope I can illuminate some of your mistakes and help iron out your game. It takes a lot of courage to put your play on display so, I thank you for that. Before I begin I wish to remind you that mistakes are not reflective of character and you can improve if you want to. Now, let’s begin:

It may come as a slight shock, but this match may have been decided as early as 2:36 in. You reacted well to the Maxims by beating your opponent to the garrison, but you lost the rest of the engagement and consequently ALL of your natural resources, failing to recapture them until it was meaningless by being far faaaar too lethargic reacting to this first engagement. You had it setup for a perfect flank with both MG’s aimed at your garrison, but you waited around with 2/3rds of your army not fighting until you lost half of your Sturm squad and all of its damage output, forcing you back. The solution here is simple, you have to be quicker. You have to get that Volks squad moving, and maybe even consider pulling your Kubel off capping duties to try and rout him. Maxim’s are not very good when they have to advance, you can always back cap so long as you hold a front line, manpower income isn't determined by territory. By losing that ground right off the bat you made things very hard for yourself. Imagine what the game would have been like if instead you wiped an entire squad, and forced the other one to retreat with 2 or 3 squad members?

Although an uphill battle after that point it was not hopeless, but you let that bad decision snowball and you tried to remedy that mistake with a series of very poor decisions:

1st by walking your Volks back into their line of fire unsupported after you lost your garrison and deciding not to fight with your Kubel, all you accomplished was losing ground instead of either regrouping and digging in and buying yourself some time against the advancing MG’s. Perhaps a better solution would have been falling back, attempting to ambush a Maxim that tried to capture your fuel, or using the Kubel more effectively to scout cones of fire, waiting for them to advance, and maybe catching one unawares while you reinforced would have been a better decision.

You may also want to consider generally using cover more as well instead of instantly retreating the second a unit is suppressed. This happened to you in the 4th minute when you faced a capping Maxim 1on1 and fell back instantly. Although this is OK regarding manpower bleed, please remember that in heavy cover not only does it take far longer to suppress and pin your units, your opponent is wasting precious time being stationary fighting you, which is great when your opponent could be using that to get defensive units (Maxims) into better entrenched offensive positions IE, slowing down or even avoiding the pin. If you have the assets, it also gives you time to formulate a solution and counter attack before he repositions.

2nd, although your tactical response albeit a poor one was not catastrophic, I’m afraid your strategic response to the Maxims by constructing the MechReg and, presumably trying to requisition a Luchs was however. The Luchs isn’t a bad choice hypothetically but given your position, it was very much the wrong decision.

The key element of strategy is timing; you MUST think a step ahead and consider that. In this moment you have been routed from the field, and you are thinking about a way to get your fuel back facing an uphill battle against possibly entrenched MG’s. Your fuel income at least for the next 5 minutes or so is at +4, even with a small degree of variance you’re looking at about ~12 minutes just for a Luchs at that projected rate. Your opponent on the other hand will be bringing out T34/85’s by that time. Instead, even a single LeIG and/or another squad would have provided you far more utility when you needed it.

I also question just how much MechReg helped you at all. Pumas are a poor counter to a T34. if you don’t have the map control vehicles do not make sense.

To reiterate: be honest with yourself when evaluating your tactical situation and the resources you have at your disposal NOW and THEN try to come up with the best solution which balances current situation and future projections.

I’m going to stray from the chronology a little now because a couple of future engagements played out the same way, which really stuck with me. Like I mentioned earlier, you can make your life easier by thinking ahead when considering the strategical portion. You should also do the same with the tactical elements. If I may suggest, ask yourself these questions: what do you want to accomplish, what does that get me/is it worth it (what does that accomplish strategically), how am I actually going to do it, and do I have the elements I require to execute that plan. If ANY of those steps are unclear, consider another solution. When you are charging a Kubel into a base MG, (why get it in the first place?) or a single Volks squad into a garrisoned Maxim, chucking an incendiary grenade and instantly retreating, you aren’t achieving any sort of strategic objective, you’re wasting precious time and resources. You have to be able to achieve something with every fight, every unit must have a purpose; chiefly fighting for and securing territory, if you cannot do that, it probably is not worth engaging/requisitioning. Concentrate your forces, scout, assess, formulate, win.

This isn’t something you are entirely unfamiliar with you just need to be doing it more often. Instead, consider how you played with the Fallschrimjagers, your thought process was perfect. You identified where an MG was situated, and instantly came up with a plan to combat it by drawing its fire with a Volks squad, and executing a text book flank in <10 seconds, perfect.

Around this time although the game was pretty much out of reach you really made some questionable decisions with your floating manpower, which is why I remind you that you must be careful letting one bad decision snowball out of control. ~9 minutes, requisitioning ANOTHER Kubel when the first provided you very little equity, and an MG34 I’m not sure-- what are you actually going to achieve? If your opponent decided to get a T70, he could have ended you far earlier. This of course is rectified by thinking ahead strategically-- asking yourself what tier makes the most sense.

As a final note, minesweepers, just get them; particularly if your opponent has already showed his hand and has demonstrated he has planted at least one demo charge. You were lucky the first time to only lose a few squad members, losing an entire Volks squad WITH a sweeper afterwards is criminal.

I hope I wasn't too harsh, I wish I could have focused more on some elements of positive play but, on the bright side, that does give us a lot more material to work with diagnostically. Please pick yourself up, examine your play, and I'm sure you'll be able to achieve what you want. I believe in you, and you deserve it.

gl,
turbo x
8 Mar 2017, 01:18 AM

I would suggest possibly a completely untested clone of the ost mortar in t0 to add diversity to the okw line up, except since this is a wfa we need to get rid of counter battery and something mu ch stronger with much less micro required.
8 Mar 2017, 04:05 AM

This thread just reminded me about the absurdity that happened with incendiary grenades.

There was a patch that buffed all fire damage against garrisons, including the incendiary grenades, but that was apparently deemed too OP, and as a result, things got nerfed.

Now, flamethrowers are somewhat viable against garrisons (though one might argue they're useless because of the idiotic idea Relic had to make garrisoning and abandoning garrisons instant), while incendiary grenades are utterly useless.

You can literally keep a squad in a garrison, burning to a crisp for the entire duration of the grenade, and the squad will still survive. Nor do the incendiary grenades do nearly as much damage to buildings and emplacements as they did during that fire buff patch.

Depressing state of affairs for OKW. Baseline infantry squad deals no damage with its rifles, and can't even deal damage with its grenades.
8 Mar 2017, 11:25 AM
Patrion 310

This thread just reminded me about the absurdity that happened with incendiary grenades.

There was a patch that buffed all fire damage against garrisons, including the incendiary grenades, but that was apparently deemed too OP, and as a result, things got nerfed.

Now, flamethrowers are somewhat viable against garrisons (though one might argue they're useless because of the idiotic idea Relic had to make garrisoning and abandoning garrisons instant), while incendiary grenades are utterly useless.

You can literally keep a squad in a garrison, burning to a crisp for the entire duration of the grenade, and the squad will still survive. Nor do the incendiary grenades do nearly as much damage to buildings and emplacements as they did during that fire buff patch.

Depressing state of affairs for OKW. Baseline infantry squad deals no damage with its rifles, and can't even deal damage with its grenades.

You appear to have forgotten to mention the molotov.
8 Mar 2017, 13:47 PM

Well it's supposed to be the LeIG. But we know how well this unit performs with it's .2 kills per minute(if you're lucky) :D
8 Mar 2017, 23:18 PM

The support gun is not an effective answer to garrisoned MGs at all. You have to spend far too much man power to deal with a single MG and it takes far too much time. Other factions can just smoke and do what ever else is needed, OKW is literally the only team with out smoke for some absurd reason.

Also don't forget that almost comically the field gun is still bugged and often can't even shoot at garrisoned buildings at all.
9 Mar 2017, 07:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2017, 23:18 PMNano
The support gun is not an effective answer to garrisoned MGs at all. You have to spend far too much man power to deal with a single MG and it takes far too much time. Other factions can just smoke and do what ever else is needed, OKW is literally the only team with out smoke for some absurd reason.

Also don't forget that almost comically the field gun is still bugged and often can't even shoot at garrisoned buildings at all.

and when it hit the building...its need too long to be effective..it should be an anti garrisson bonus
9 Mar 2017, 07:16 AM

Go sniper as ost then gren vs maxim spam
9 Mar 2017, 07:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2017, 07:16 AMRamps
Go sniper as ost then gren vs maxim spam

once again...only for u:

noone have a problem as ost vs mg spam..u have mortas, mgs, flame pios, flme HT, wide range grenades, sniper, 222, etc etc.

the problem is on OKW side...u have nothing from this/ not at start/ not so effective
9 Mar 2017, 08:02 AM

I'm not even sure smoke would do the trick. The problem isn't on the OKW side, but the Maxim spam efficiency in general.

What would do making the maxim a bit better (maybe keep its stat but enlarge the cone of fire), but costing something like 300+mp. So Soviet cannot really afford to build more than 1 early game.
I would also increase the unsetup time so whem the HMG is flanked it takes more time to react.
9 Mar 2017, 10:54 AM

The problem is a six men mg squad with huge survivability, the best a-move of all the mgs and it suppresses insanely fast, most of the times in the first burst.

The last parts would be fine if it was a 4 men mg squad...
9 Mar 2017, 12:06 PM

[watch this space]
yo do you know how can i make a mod with the 76 mm gun upgrade
9 Mar 2017, 23:21 PM

The problem is a six men mg squad with huge survivability, the best a-move of all the mgs and it suppresses insanely fast, most of the times in the first burst.

The last parts would be fine if it was a 4 men mg squad...

I think we have to be realistic and think about what can happen as opposed to what should happen. We know from the WBP that the community devs have a very small scope of changes available to them, so doing something as helpful as enabling smoke shells would be easier and probably more accepting by relic than reorganising an entire support squad (doing so would have knock on consequences to the meta).

It should be significantly easier to deal with MGs if I can smoke and run up then throw a grenade of some description, exactly like I can when I play every other team. At this point, you some times can't even shoot garrisons with field guns because of their stupid firing at buildings bug which has been a problem for at least a year to my knowledge. It's crazy that such a balance (and bug) problem has gone on for so long and it really speaks volumes about how much weight Relic is putting in this games future (which appears to be little to none).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 25
unknown 3
unknown 6
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %