Login

russian armor

OKW need a early anti MG-Spam unit.

19 Feb 2017, 17:50 PM
Donator 11

If okw would have Transport unit...it could move around infantery the mg....why cant the kubel Transport unit?
Or give Opel blitz to okw. Maybe without wepaon nor that units cant shoot while sit it...only for transport

Transporting infantry is the least used feature in this game. Open top vehicles are often used, but these are more of combat platforms than transports. In case of transport only vehicles I don't remember the last time I saw a 251 or UC used in that role. Giving okw volnerouble truck won't change that.
19 Feb 2017, 17:53 PM

I think WBP normalized the time it took inf to get in, which is hilariously long now.
19 Feb 2017, 18:00 PM

Transporting infantry is the least used feature in this game. Open top vehicles are often used, but these are more of combat platforms than transports. In case of transport only vehicles I don't remember the last time I saw a 251 or UC used in that role. Giving okw volnerouble truck won't change that.

i use it often when i play ost....i see at by game from imperialDane...and its work very good....1-2 panzergrenadiers+sdkfz and u can push mgs very effectiv.

of flank a pak/ cut off areas...
19 Feb 2017, 18:14 PM

i had postet replay----u can look it and tell me what is my failure^^

You have to post it first in state office, strategists are allowed to ignore replays until they are put in state office - replay review section.
19 Feb 2017, 19:18 PM

The lefg could probibly do with a buff. ATM it's not worth its price cost and is outclassed by most mortars.
19 Feb 2017, 19:59 PM

Hmmmm, what if we give OKW a Tier0 or Tier1 Mortar like the USF...

lol
19 Feb 2017, 20:48 PM

Give to Rakketen phosphorus round same as for Comet
19 Feb 2017, 22:14 PM

ROF for ieig18 needs to be increased.But if you play play 1vs1 just please veto those big maps(2vs2 maps for 1vs1).I usually build 1 leig 18 and have the same number of volks as his squads of maxim.I try to cap at least one fuel.I build 2 rakketen and i try to build flak truck so i can bleed him a lot.Just remember.If you bleed his manpower,he can't build many tanks.If he will build su76,then he lost.A lot of them use maxim spam+Su76 but that's bullshit.After vet 3 volks are a nightmare for maxims+ it has support from ieig18.Of course is insane difficult but at least is not the same as Vickers spam.Vickers are more deadly and if he has 2...just build 2 ieig because he might spam emplacements.If something,PM me so i can tell you some other stuff
20 Feb 2017, 00:43 AM

Hi,

I have been reading these forums for a long time but decided to register just so I could address this topic. OKW currently suffer horribly early from Maxim spam or even from Vikars spam in certain key maps with certain key cut-offs and there is very little to nothing you can do about it.

Clearly the USF suffered from early MG aggregation as well so Relic decided to give them a t0 mortar but for some reason didn't use their brain power to see that two factions that have a similar early game wouldn't both suffer the same issue.

The best solution:
Know the maps and veto the urban maps with critical cut-off points that can easily be abused. Sadly this is the only reliable solution.

The other choice:
Field guns can help, but you need to invest 660+ man power and lots of time to dislodge a couple of MGs which is just not viable. The biggest issue is the time, while they sit on the fuel and send AA halftracks or light tanks at you. Lastly and very relevant to this is that field guns are still bugged and still some times will not shoot buildings... This bug will probably never be fixed...

At this time the Panzer 2 is not an answer, it is a heavy fuel investment (which you likely wont have) and it does next to nothing to units in buildings. Then it is easily whooped by any other light tank.

Ideally the winter patch will make the flak halftrack a viable choice here. Or the field gun gets moved to t0 perhaps? Or give the field gun smoke shells would be a viable choice I feel too.
20 Feb 2017, 08:02 AM

sum= okw need smoke OR transport unit OR better ISG
20 Feb 2017, 09:22 AM

After WBP OWK get better Flak HT.
This is right mobile unit versus MGs, if you go T2.
20 Feb 2017, 09:32 AM

i hope this is not the true value:

"Bugfixes/QoL changes
Minimum Range Removed
Given handbrake ability to prevent accidental movement
The FlakHT now displays the max range of the weapon when selected
Increased building time of FlakHT from 40 seconds to 60 seconds"

even when they chance it to only 6sek....it is really tooo long ...one guard and it must be drive fast to save area...even the MGs can pentrate it easily and with this setup time..u cant push MGs with it..u can only hold an area...untill the first light tank come

and this unit cost more than a bofors (wtf)
20 Feb 2017, 09:36 AM

i hope this is not the true value:

"Bugfixes/QoL changes
Minimum Range Removed
Increased building time of FlakHT from 40 seconds to 60 seconds"

even when they chance it to only 6sek....it is really tooo long ...one guard and it must be drive fast to save area...even the MGs can pentrate it easily and with this setup time..u cant push MGs with it..u can only hold an area...untill the first light tank come

and this unit cost more than a bofors (wtf)

251 Flak Half Track

We’ve found that the 251 Half-Track was under-performing in its role as an anti-infantry unit due to its immobility and vulnerability to vehicle rushes, lack of infantry support, and inability to counter some of OKW’s primary threats such as MG lockdown. Given the early arrival potential arrival of the flakHT, we are increasing its build-time to prevent it from being rushed to cut an opponent off their resources, before it can be countered.

Garrison Damage Multiplier increased from 0.25 to 0.35
Garrison Accuracy Multiplier increased from 0.4 to 0.5
Defensive Smoke no longer requires vet 1
Defensive Smoke munitions cost increased from 0 to 25
Vet 1 now reduces cost of Defensive Smoke from 25 to 10
Penetration increased from 20 to 30

Bugfixes/QoL changes
Minimum Range Removed
Increased building time of FlakHT from 40 seconds to 60 seconds
Fixed an issue where the OKW FlakHT could setup on the move
Fixed an issue where the setup timer would reset (prolong) when given new attack commands

20 Feb 2017, 09:41 AM

and...? What do u want to tell us?
20 Feb 2017, 09:48 AM

and...? What do u want to tell us?

251 Flak Half Track

We’ve found that the 251 Half-Track was under-performing in its role as an anti-infantry unit due to its immobility and vulnerability to vehicle rushes, lack of infantry support, and inability to counter some of OKW’s primary threats such as MG lockdown. Given the early arrival potential arrival of the flakHT, we are increasing its build-time to prevent it from being rushed to cut an opponent off their resources, before it can be countered.

20 Feb 2017, 09:56 AM

once again...if the sovjet made a base lock against u..u have no fuel income....and with maybe 7 fuel/ min...u can build the HT ..but at the same time the sovjet have its t70 out...and your ht is outclassed.

It should have more HP for this price and inmobility.
20 Feb 2017, 09:59 AM

once again...if the sovjet made a base lock against u..u have no fuel income....and with maybe 7 fuel/ min...u can build the HT ..but at the same time the sovjet have its t70 out...and your ht is outclassed.

It should have more HP for this price and inmobility.

Post some your replay, where Soviets lock you on base in 5-10 min. Some local strategist expert give you advices and help you improve yourself.
What is your rank as OKW in 1v1?
20 Feb 2017, 10:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2017, 09:59 AMAradan

Post some your replay, where Soviets lock you on base in 5-10 min.
What is your rank as OKW in 1v1?

WTF? have ur read my first Post in this tread? There are 2 replays...

U have no clue from 1v1...cause u play only 4v4 with teammates.
There is no problem with a MG...

Download my replay and look ...and pls give me advice how to deal with this cheese
20 Feb 2017, 10:13 AM

WTF? have ur read my first Post in this tread? There are 2 replays...

U have no clue from 1v1...cause u play only 4v4 with teammates.
There is no problem with a MG...

Download my replay and look ...and pls give me advice how to deal with this cheese

When you start topic, replays dont display for me.
In 4v4 are more problems with a MG. No space for flank. 1v1 is about capping, 4v4 is about pressure on enemy (mostly outbombard enemy (2x leigh, or 2x mortar in every game)).

First what you need is play also the other side. Then you finally fully understand the mechanics of the game. Timing units and weaknesses of each faction. Without this'll never go forward.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★