Login

russian armor

OKW need a early anti MG-Spam unit.

19 Feb 2017, 11:23 AM

Hello,

its me again.

I have the last game in the last weeks very hard struggle vs sovjet with MG-Spam.

U told me to upload replays to help....so here are two:

https://www.coh2.org/replay/59308/1-instant-pin-abuser
https://www.coh2.org/replay/59307/2-instant-pin-abuser

What is wrong with my playstyle, that i can´t do anythink against this MG spam from sovjet who abuse it hard....OKW have nothing against it and can easily cut off from its areas.

combine it with guards or partisans...and its an easy win vs okw.

ISG is crap....kubel can´t do anything....luchs come really toooo late....ur own mg is crap...

ur infantery is instant pinned....

Is it my faiure...or is it the unblance mg which need a longer time to pin enemy unit?

u can´t easly flank it..cause its cover by other mgs or can change very quick the angle.

pls show/ tell me to deal with this cheese tactic...which doesnt need skill....

19 Feb 2017, 11:28 AM

the time u need to deal with it...is enough time fpr the sovjet to build the first tanks...very uncool
19 Feb 2017, 11:32 AM

Permanently Banned
first of all, remain friendly: wish them good luck with their chemotherapy.

After that is done, focus on game again. Your best bet is either double ISG's (yes, two) or luchs rush. Luchs rush requires steady fuelincome though so if you're getting pushed into your own base, Luchs is not really an option.

In that case go two ISG's. Now he has two options: either he moves maxim or he loses it. If he moves it, you keep firing on it with the ISG (duh) if he loses it, you take it. Rinse and repeat, try to not lose too much units in the meantime as you need the manpower later on for his tanks.
19 Feb 2017, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2017, 11:32 AMhehexd
first of all, remain friendly: wish them good luck with their chemotherapy.

After that is done, focus on game again. Your best bet is either double ISG's (yes, two) or luchs rush. Luchs rush requires steady fuelincome though so if you're getting pushed into your own base, Luchs is not really an option.

In that case go two ISG's. Now he has two options: either he moves maxim or he loses it. If he moves it, you keep firing on it with the ISG (duh) if he loses it, you take it. Rinse and repeat, try to not lose too much units in the meantime as you need the manpower later on for his tanks.

i try it in the first upload...the base lock means that the sovjet have so much incame to build tanks realy fast and than the MGs stop my early game, i have no midgame units (no fuel) and the enemy overrun me.

i think okw need a better kubel
19 Feb 2017, 11:43 AM

The winter patch, coming soon™, will buff both the Luchs and the Flak halftrack vs garrisoned units. In my opinion it's a good idea to make the incendiary grenade unlocked by the truck call-in, rather that the first tech building (just like the Panzerfaust will be), which would make infantry flanks more viable.
19 Feb 2017, 12:15 PM

(Reposting what I wrote in shoutbox)

Its easy to counter maxim spam as OKW: dont play agressive until you have double ISG (<-- these are your best friends vs maxim spam lol). On 2v2-4v4 maps, set your med HQ on a good position at front for forward retreat and reinforce

Vs maxims your inf will need to retreat often, thats why u need forward retreat point. Use ur dubble ISG to exclusively focus on maxims: use barrage with this 25% increased ISG barrage reload bulletin

Dont spam too much volks, 2.. max. 3 is enough, build sandbags on important res sectors and near your med HQ

Go t4 in late, t3 only sensefull if you play with arranged team or if u got command panther
19 Feb 2017, 12:16 PM

The winter patch, coming soon™, will buff both the Luchs and the Flak halftrack vs garrisoned units. In my opinion it's a good idea to make the incendiary grenade unlocked by the truck call-in, rather that the first tech building (just like the Panzerfaust will be), which would make infantry flanks more viable.

as sovjet u can make a base lock in the early 3-4min vs OKW...
look to the first replay...i had my medi truck build...than the area was lock from a MG abuser

the time u vuild ur sec ISG and can use it..minumin 6min...at this time the sovjet have now the most of the map and can get bring out the first light tanks

19 Feb 2017, 12:22 PM

UKF,USF,sovjet..all of them has a cheese-able tactic....where is the cheese for axis faction?
19 Feb 2017, 12:23 PM

(Reposting what I wrote in shoutbox)

Its easy to counter maxim spam as OKW: dont play agressive until you have double ISG (<-- these are your best friends vs maxim spam lol). On 2v2-4v4 maps, set your med HQ on a good position at front for forward retreat and reinforce

Vs maxims your inf will need to retreat often, thats why u need forward retreat point. Use ur dubble ISG to exclusively focus on maxims: use barrage with this 25% increased ISG barrage reload bulletin

Dont spam too much volks, 2.. max. 3 is enough, build sandbags on important res sectors and near your med HQ

Go t4 in late, t3 only sensefull if you play with arranged team or if u got command panther

if u use the barrage..he will move the mg..and 2sec later sit like a duck in other place (look to the first replay)
19 Feb 2017, 12:49 PM

if u use the barrage..he will move the mg..and 2sec later sit like a duck in other place (look to the first replay)

You need to react on that, relocate your volks, flank him while he needs to relocate his maxim, and the bulletin allows u to quickly change the target for ISG barrage

Maxim spam is stupidly strong, and a pain in the *** especially for newcomers. I know that my advices sound way easier than they are in practice... it needs a while until you are able to optimise this strat, but as soon as u do, maxim spam shouldn't be a problem anymore.

I would like to know how u usually use your volks... do you blob them?
19 Feb 2017, 12:53 PM

You need to react on that, relocate your volks, flank him while he needs to relocate his maxim, and the bulletin allows u to quickly change the target for ISG barrage

Maxim spam is stupidly strong, and a pain in the *** especially for newcomers. I know that my advices sound way easier than they are in practice... it needs a while until you are able to optimise this strat, but as soon as u do, maxim spam shouldn't be a problem anymore.

I would like to know how u usually use your volks... do you blob them?

i never put more 2 volks togehter in the same direction...i move them normale that the support each other and can flank if i need....

the problem here is the very fast instanpin.... u can instantpin much volks with only 2 mgs...put a guard/ partisan in it...and u can only retreat
19 Feb 2017, 13:32 PM

Permanently Banned

as sovjet u can make a base lock in the early 3-4min vs OKW...
look to the first replay...i had my medi truck build...than the area was lock from a MG abuser

dont build medic truck outside of base if u see the first (and/or 2nd) maxim appear.
19 Feb 2017, 13:48 PM

Welcome to the world of playing OKW 1on1. There is no decent counter to soviet MG spam. All you can do is play significantly better then your opponent. Best strategy is probably to play around the Maxims as much as possible and let them sit idle. Also veto maps with lots of buildings because a good Soviet or UKF player will just abuse OKW´s anti garrison weakness.
19 Feb 2017, 14:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2017, 13:32 PMhehexd

dont build medic truck outside of base if u see the first (and/or 2nd) maxim appear.

He came with his mg in this moment it was ready...
19 Feb 2017, 16:04 PM

Hello

Hi, if youre having problems aganst certain strategies, then it may be wiser to post a replay into state office ans aks for review. Just don´t be shy, everybody there is friendly there.

To topic : Yes OKW sucks against maxims in urban maps, thats why I have feuersturm in my rooster, I think that leigt really needs smoke barrage, it will be good start for okw changes, because you have 2 meta commader with nuke (infiltration) grenades, one with flamer and all others have incendiary grenades, so mostly the orpblem is that you cannot close in to force mg to dislocate, not actually dislocating her
19 Feb 2017, 17:13 PM

i think okw need a better kubel

As Ive said before, give the kubel smoke - problem solved.
19 Feb 2017, 17:33 PM

If okw would have Transport unit...it could move around infantery the mg....why cant the kubel Transport unit?
Or give Opel blitz to okw. Maybe without wepaon nor that units cant shoot while sit it...only for transport
19 Feb 2017, 17:48 PM

Hi, if youre having problems aganst certain strategies, then it may be wiser to post a replay into state office ans aks for review. Just don´t be shy, everybody there is friendly there.

To topic : Yes OKW sucks against maxims in urban maps, thats why I have feuersturm in my rooster, I think that leigt really needs smoke barrage, it will be good start for okw changes, because you have 2 meta commader with nuke (infiltration) grenades, one with flamer and all others have incendiary grenades, so mostly the orpblem is that you cannot close in to force mg to dislocate, not actually dislocating her

i had postet replay----u can look it and tell me what is my failure^^
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS