Login

russian armor

Questions about acuuracy and range

17 Feb 2017, 08:51 AM

Hi

I just started modding 1 month ago. I am having some issues with the creation of a mod. I need help.

1-About Germam howizer 105mm gun. I have managed to increase the barrage range(vet3 range from 332.5 to 570) ,but the accuracy is really sucks! How to improve the accuracy(esp for long range target)?

howizer_105mm_disabled_gun_mp
howizer_105mm_gun_counter_barrage_mp
howizer_105mm_gun_major_mp
howizer_105mm_gun_mp
howizer_105mm_gun_vet3_mp

accurancy,
arer_info,
distance,
flinch_radius
scatter

I tried many times,but not helpful.

2_About OKW infrared serachlight halftrack,how to improve the IR seraching range?

ebps\..\halftrack_sdkz_251_20_ir_serachlight_mp,
sbps\..\sdkz_251_serachlight_halftrack_squad_mp,

I have no idea about it.
(btw,what is "hardpoint"?)

:help:

Any help would be appreciated.
17 Feb 2017, 12:13 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

1. For artillery weapons, accuracy is irrelevant - only scatter is used for the calculation of where the shot lands. Most important are angle_scatter, which determines how far to the left or right from the target the shot can go, and distance_scatter_ratio, which determines how much it can over- or undershoot the target. If you decrease these values, your howitzer will be more accurate. For more fine-tuning, read the descriptions for all the variables in the weapon's scatter category!

Hardpoints are found in an entity's combat_ext. They are used to store the entity's weapons. For example, a Grenadier entity has only one hardpoint, which contains a K98k weapon. A Panzer IV has several hardpoints: One for the main gun, one for the coaxial MG, one for the hull MG, one for the pintle MG. Artillery weapons usually also have several hardpoints, because every barrage ability uses a different weapon. The barrage ability always has to specify which hardpoint to use. Generally, hardpoint 1 contains the weapon that is used for auto-attack, so units which can't auto-attack, such as howitzers, have a dummy weapon in hardpoint 1.

2. I'm not completely sure, but I think that for increasing the search range, you have to increase the range of this weapon: weapon\west_german\ballistic_weapon\tank_gun\infrared_searchlight_mp

The other settings for the searchlight are stored in the squad bp:
sbps\races\west_german\vehicles\halftrack_squads\sdkfz_251_20_ir_searchlight_halftrack_squad_mp
Take a look at its squad_team_weapon_ext.
17 Feb 2017, 13:56 PM

I followed your suggestions,it works!

now I can treat IR serachlight as a "tnak gun"

Since AT gun has a very high accurancy why the AT guns angle_scatter is 7.5,and distance_scatter_ratio is 1,even more than howizer?
17 Feb 2017, 14:53 PM

Direct fire versus indirect fire.

Direct fire weapons like ATG do use their accuracy modifier, multiplied against their target's target_size. Scatter still plays a factor though, it's just affected differently.
17 Feb 2017, 18:57 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Here are some very good guides for getting started with modding COH2:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9maeIrWK0SOuYjVgeWa6CEg-4VYwU3zf
17 Feb 2017, 21:32 PM

Direct fire versus indirect fire.

Direct fire weapons like ATG do use their accuracy modifier, multiplied against their target's target_size. Scatter still plays a factor though, it's just affected differently.

:clap:
17 Feb 2017, 21:33 PM

Here are some very good guides for getting started with modding COH2:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9maeIrWK0SOuYjVgeWa6CEg-4VYwU3zf

Thank you for your hlep!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %