Login

russian armor

Debuff for blobs

14 Feb 2017, 18:23 PM

This guy is right.
Blobs are still waaaay to powerfull in this game.

@Dear Pros saying they are easy to counter: What you gonna say to newcomers who are frustrated by this pudding?

yes, with decent HMG micro and arty you can keep most blobs under control .. Problem is that these 2 blob-counters often get roflstomped by indirect fire, and german arty can be dodged way easier than most allies arty.

Maybe design Sturmtiger as non-doctrinal unit for both Wehr and OKW?? :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:

Not being myself pro, I'll say: Blob and see how you get countered once you start fighting people who knows how to play. Once you start losing, watch replays and copy.
15 Feb 2017, 00:28 AM

People are saying blobs are easily countered and if you can't you are a noob yet many of the top 10 2v2 players blob all the time... something doesn't add up here.

Sure there are ways to counter but blobs are way too effective to the point where often top players will blob not because they aren't skilled players but because the blobs can be just that effective.

In real life a lot of guys bunched up are a lot easier to hit and the guys at the back will also struggle to shoot because they have like 20 team mates in front.

I would personally increase received accuracy and decrease outgoing damage and increase suppression. How to implement? It could be based upon the level of overlap between squads so a small overlap between two squads does nothing but 6 squads in a ball has serious debuffs. Or just make it if 3 or more squads are together if it needs to be simpler in coding.

15 Feb 2017, 07:27 AM

People are saying blobs are easily countered and if you can't you are a noob yet many of the top 10 2v2 players blob all the time... something doesn't add up here.

Sure there are ways to counter but blobs are way too effective to the point where often top players will blob not because they aren't skilled players but because the blobs can be just that effective.

In real life a lot of guys bunched up are a lot easier to hit and the guys at the back will also struggle to shoot because they have like 20 team mates in front.

I would personally increase received accuracy and decrease outgoing damage and increase suppression. How to implement? It could be based upon the level of overlap between squads so a small overlap between two squads does nothing but 6 squads in a ball has serious debuffs. Or just make it if 3 or more squads are together if it needs to be simpler in coding.

Lul 2vs2.
15 Feb 2017, 17:29 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2017, 12:18 PMV-T

Wut?
If one squad is rushing MG position, they shouldn't be suppressed as much as if there was a human wave / a massed assault attacking same MG position?

If your MG gets overwhelmed, it gets overwhelmed. End of story. If enemy is getting massed infantry instead of tanks, just get another MG to cover the same path.

If you continue to read to Elchino7's post after mine he corrected my statement stating there actually is a modifier in place, but its not working well enough with some units.

A modifier lets an mg scale. Its a modification for the sake of balance and game play. If there were no modifier and the level of suppression were adjusted such that it were balanced against blobs, in the late game, MG's would be hella OP in the early game.

17 Feb 2017, 00:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2017, 07:27 AMEsxile

Lul 2vs2.

Yes I know 1v1s are what this game is about but some effort could be made so team games are a little more competitive.
17 Feb 2017, 07:51 AM

Yes I know 1v1s are what this game is about but some effort could be made so team games are a little more competitive.

Lol²
If two players come to you with 3 or 4 units each and your mate is not helping, that's a a blob issue but team play's one.

You cannot better balance the game upon 2vs2 than 1vs1. What can be done on team play's games is reducing the income to slow down the game speed.
V-T
17 Feb 2017, 10:54 AM

There are some saying blobs are easy to handle. Some say, blobs are OP.

Truth lies in between? I feel, if a blob runs into a proper ambush, it's a high cost loss for the blobber.
Also a blob only can exist in one place at a time. It leaves other areas vulnerable. A full retreat = Strasse frei all the way to Moscow, or at to least next VP.

All infantry mines, mortars and machineguns working in team will make it costly to blob brainlessly. Of course, if enemy numbers are overwhelming, they should win. I don't expect one machinegun to stop an assault made by a infantry company. Two, maybe three MGS, with indirect support should stop it.

Ostheer has Ostwinds, flameHT, a fast 222 and i think Mg42 is a decent HMG.
OKW has Luchs, LeiG, FlakTrak, and blobkiller walkingstuka. Also Obers are called terminators, so...
Russians have M3 Quad AA HT, Katjushka, and ffs soviets are the grandfathers of the human wave, just blob back harder!
USF get AA HT, their Mortar is very potent, Pack howie, and motor howizer as well. And i've heard someone saying that Riflemen are real killers equipped with BARs.
UKF... Well, bofors, AA centaur, mortar pits, infantry sections with bren and vickers, plenty of choises.

So there are plenty of counters. Mostly L2P case, no need for artificial extra debuff.
20 Feb 2017, 01:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2017, 10:54 AMV-T
There are some saying blobs are easy to handle. Some say, blobs are OP.

Truth lies in between?

This.

If you know there is a blob on the move you can prepare, but if you miss with what ever your plan is (like rockets, sturmtiger or call in stuff) then you are really boned, but if you hit you bone them good.

I just don't like this, it comes down to one solid mistake on either side costing an entire game. It encourages people to quit at that point because you won't be able to claw back from losing your blob or losing everything to a blob.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★