Login

russian armor

Locked Limey Trenches

24 Jan 2017, 04:37 AM

Why are the British trenches locked once they are abandoned?

Doesn't punish the player for bad play and also makes very little sense.

Is this on the list of to be fixed issues?
24 Jan 2017, 05:24 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

They cost manpower, like Wehrmacht bunkers (just no one finds those as annoying since they cost three times as much and break faster). This is why the enemy is unable to enter into them.

Now fuckin' Flak emplacements, there's something that the enemy should definitely not be able to enter into yet can.
24 Jan 2017, 11:01 AM

It's because they get them by default and not doctrinally like the Axis.

I still don't see why the old trench model isn't used.
24 Jan 2017, 11:51 AM
Donator 11

It's simply to make them different, they have cost disadvantage but can't be occupied by opponent.
24 Jan 2017, 12:13 PM

and this trench cant be destroyed by pak under 30 shoots. Oo
24 Jan 2017, 16:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

and this trench cant be destroyed by pak under 30 shoots. Oo

Complain enough so it gets in the next scope. IIRC it's a matter of increasing size (received accuracy) so AT guns don't miss it.
24 Jan 2017, 16:17 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

But as the OP writes, there is little reason to make the Axis trench any different to the UKF trench, and just like COH1, the standard trench should be able to be occupied by the foe
24 Jan 2017, 16:30 PM
Donator 11

Becouse they are checking if you have british passport before you are let in. Trenches in current form are stupid as fuck, they are 5 x times harder to destroy with raketen or pak, not to mention raketen is really bad counter since vickers in trench can outrange it...
24 Jan 2017, 17:22 PM

Ask the same question about an unmanned/no upgrades fox hole/Wehr trench. Sure it shares the same model as the Axis trench, doesn't mean it has to have the same function...

Make em free, enjoy your stay, make axis pay, lock allies out. Simple really.
24 Jan 2017, 17:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2017, 16:30 PMWalther
Becouse they are checking if you have british passport before you are let in. Trenches in current form are stupid as fuck, they are 5 x times harder to destroy with raketen or pak, not to mention raketen is really bad counter since vickers in trench can outrange it...

If only you could approach them from the side and throw in a flame grenade into the trench to clear it, that would make clearing the trench much easier wouldn't it....
24 Jan 2017, 17:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I think it's fine that they are locked because of the manpower price, but then they should only be buildable in friendly territory like every other locked bunker. They also need some target size adjustments because they are insanely small and very difficult to hit with any at weapon.
24 Jan 2017, 17:56 PM

Brit trenches are the second dumbest mechanic in the game and easily the most abusable. Ie. push early game on cutoff, build trench, occupy with Vickers, voila, gg. Really fun gameplay ensues.
24 Jan 2017, 17:56 PM

Imagine if they could brace...
24 Jan 2017, 18:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Imagine if they could brace...

Let's not...
24 Jan 2017, 18:34 PM

I don't like the design, but I don't think you have many choices if brits don't have native flamethrowers on engineers. Would be willing to try them without MP cost or restrictions on which units could enter.

The power of trenches for the Germans is basically nil since Soviets flames and nades, and weak against the USF right now because of the laser mortar. Against brits long range rifle duels are just a losing battle.
24 Jan 2017, 19:56 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2017, 17:52 PMTobis
I think it's fine that they are locked because of the manpower price, but then they should only be buildable in friendly territory like every other locked bunker. They also need some target size adjustments because they are insanely small and very difficult to hit with any at weapon.

I agree
24 Jan 2017, 19:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Complain enough so it gets in the next scope. IIRC it's a matter of increasing size (received accuracy) so AT guns don't miss it.

Yeah, Wehr Bunkers have a size of 26, counting as larger than most vehicles save for the heaviest, while UKF Trenches have a size of...2.
24 Jan 2017, 20:58 PM

can za Soviets and Ostheer haz a trench(non doc) ?...no buildings on some mapz for di Hot Weelz Maxim and le machine gewehr
24 Jan 2017, 21:17 PM

I don't like the design, but I don't think you have many choices if brits don't have native flamethrowers on engineers. Would be willing to try them without MP cost or restrictions on which units could enter.
The power of trenches for the Germans is basically nil since Soviets flames and nades, and weak against the USF right now because of the laser mortar. Against brits long range rifle duels are just a losing battle.

I agree

Me three.. bru

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2017, 19:59 PMVuther

Yeah, Wehr Bunkers have a size of 26, counting as larger than most vehicles save for the heaviest, while UKF Trenches have a size of...2.

Thats fkn stupid.

Dont forget guys, UKF can build them in neutral or hostile territory, which generally means locking out a fuel point early on very easy.

It's quite deadly on a map like general mud
24 Jan 2017, 21:25 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2017, 17:52 PMTobis

Yep that's the answer - only buidable on friendly territory and with same target size as wehr bunkers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★