Login

russian armor

Hello, and my initial thoughts

23 Jan 2017, 23:15 PM

Overall, I must say that this is an excellent RTS, glad that it is keeping the previously ubiquitous genre alive in these tough times and I'm amazed the game initially slipped past my radar.

However, the playerbase seems a tad strange. Just today, I played (with my 65 hours of gametime) and narrowly beat a player with 2800+ hours of gametime. That amounts to playing 2 hours/day every day since CoH2 was originally released - pretty crazy to be beaten by a noob with that long playtime!

The new player guide, in particularly on this website is alright, but lacking. For example - I searched and asked around whether the T-34/85 has the same gun stats as the SU-85, which according to the Wiki were equipped with identical main armaments.
23 Jan 2017, 23:43 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Welcome!

Concerning unit stats: In this regard, the game is neither historically accurate nor consistent in itself. There are quite a lot of vehicles that had the same gun or very similar guns historically, but perform very differently in the game. A few examples:

The Churchill Mk. VII, Cromwell Mk. IV, Valentine Mk. XI and AEC Mk. III all use the OQF 75mm gun.
The M1 57mm AT gun literally is a British 6-pounder.
The SU-76M is a ZiS-3 Field Gun on a T-70 chassis.
The T-34-76/KV-1 both use the F-34/ZiS-5 gun.
The Panzer IV Ausf. F1 and StuG III Ausf. E use the 7,5cm KwK/StuK 37 gun.
The Panzer IV Ausf. H/J and StuG III Ausf. G use the 7,5cm KwK/StuK 40 gun.
The Panther Ausf. G and Jagdpanzer IV/70 both use the 7,5cm KwK/PaK 42 gun.

These are the ones that come to mind right now, but I'm sure there are more. Anyway: To look up stats, I recommend this website or using the Mod Tools if you want to know something very specific.

As for what you said about the community... well, hours mean nothing. Those could be hours playing against the AI, playing random 4vs4 or running a script to farm warspoils while afk, which was possible in the past. Additionally, the game is probably easy for you to pick up if you're an RTS veteran!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 51
unknown 39
Germany 15
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L