Login

russian armor

Horrible Team Matchups

Vaz
6 Feb 2017, 22:46 PM

AT is preferable. There is no denying that. This topic is not about choosing between random and at. It is simply about the poor logic for the matcher which should be improved. I play with friends whenever I can, but it's not always possible. I think wanting to play with people after a match would happen more with better matching. Sometimes there might be a good teammate to contact, but when the system is trying to bring you down, you aren't going to want to contact the people it matches you with.
7 Feb 2017, 00:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2017, 07:27 AMVaz

Can you elaborate on what true multiplayer is? Sounds like your just trolling to steer this off topic.

Jeez, already on the hostile button...
No need to elaborate, you've experience it.
A true multiplayer experience from the standpoint of "I have no squad mates, but I still want to play 4v4"

Edit
jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2017, 22:46 PMVaz
AT is preferable. There is no denying that. This topic is not about choosing between random and at. It is simply about the poor logic for the matcher which should be improved. I play with friends whenever I can, but it's not always possible. I think wanting to play with people after a match would happen more with better matching. Sometimes there might be a good teammate to contact, but when the system is trying to bring you down, you aren't going to want to contact the people it matches you with.

If you ever have a good experience, try asking your team mates for a friend invite.
I have met and made some awesome friends this way
Vaz
7 Feb 2017, 02:14 AM

You were hostile to me first, so don't pretend to be the victim here. You needed to go off topic and attack me without having enough information to properly engage.

I'll reiterate this again, because a few of you don't seem to understand what this topic is about. It's not about someone that cannot make friends and so must play with random people. It's about programming. The programming that controls the decisions that automatch makes to match people in team games. To be honest, it technically would apply it's backwards logic to AT as well, the only difference being that you can control who your teamate is, so at least you know where you stand there.

For the personal attacks, I have been playing CoH for over 10 years. Sometimes I have played with friends and sometimes they are all offline or in another game and I play random. So, you can qualify that as having experienced true multiplayer. Yes I have had good games. Do not think of every statement in absolute terms. I have gotten together with random people that I got matched with that I respected their game. This thread is not about the fair matchups, it's about the unfair matchups that occur when you get to higher ranks/levels/streaks. Works fine for 1v1 because it's your own skill you rely on. It's broken af in team games (especially with random).

This thread is about programming logic. It is not about how to win more.
7 Feb 2017, 02:17 AM

dude you started all wrong, first, 3v3 is an horrible mode (all 3v3 maps suck huge balls)

and second, don't go above 2v2 alone, you will be paired with a bunch of drooling idiots.
Vaz
7 Feb 2017, 02:51 AM

You are right, but it's not always like that. At low levels there are a lot of dumb players. At high levels or large streaks you will get handicap matches. Around level 8-10 you will get pretty fair and fun matches.
7 Feb 2017, 11:59 AM
Admin Red  Badge

What I don't like about this thread, Vaz, - and you should agree, bcs you also play AT, apparently - is that it throws multiplayer into entirely the wrong light.

Instead of starting a thread about the enjoyment of playing multiplayer in AT - with all its advantages - you have chosen to write negatively about Randum (sic) as if this is the way to go. When, palpably, you know full well, or ought to, it is not the way to go.

I am not going to spell out all the advantages of AT right now, bcs you should already know them - and it would be technically off-topic. However, I am completely bemused as to why you would berate Relic for its matchmaking system in multiplayer, when it must be already be clear to you, that anyone wanting to succeed in multiplayer will find an AT. If you're honest, as an AT player, you know you hope for 'Randum' opponents. They dont have the advantage of VOIP, and therefore have no prearranged knowledge or tactics; they have no knowledge of each other's strengths and weaknesses; it is casual in every sense of the word.

You must, in your heart of hearts, know that an AT starts with an advantage; ergo, you must also know that a Randum team does not. Why blether about Randum matchmaking, when you know full well that the Randums start off on the back foot, and are likely to get worse as the game goes on?

This post here sums it up.

If you play Randoms then don't complain.
7 Feb 2017, 14:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

A) To play randoms sucks --> Get friends. Make Thread here to find mates, if you don't have them allready.

B) About the matchmaking. When you search longer then 5 min--> You should restart your search. If you don't you will get after 10-11 min defently a game. But this game can / will be worse. Because long search time means, big skillarea.

C) Matchmakingsystem: Yes, For example: You are 100, your randoms mates are 500, 600. Means, that your enemies can be a 200-300 team ez. Because the matchmaking thinks, that you as rank 100, should be able to play 1vs2 or 1vs 1,5 on this skill lv. (What you acutally really can maybe! If not, your rank should be lower then.)

But yes i know, it sucks at all. Thats why i stopped playing randoms.

D) When you top 50 for example, your games are normally more balanced. You will get same mate often and same enemies, if there are playing at this time. When you are > rank 200 , you can get everything. Sucks, but thats it.

Nothing else can be said.
If you want a better matchmaking either raise in the ladder or play in the timezone on which there is more people connected.
There is no magic solution that will improve matchmaking when there's a limited pool of people to choose from.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 30
unknown 24
South Africa 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak