Login

russian armor

stealing mg42 with scripts mg won't pin

18 Jan 2017, 23:32 PM

Noticed this twice now and it made a relatively big impact on my games. Both times I stole an mg42 with conscripts. After I retreated it, it would no longer pin enemy squads what so ever. Like literally firing at them for 30 secs not even vet and it will not pin them down at all. Not sure if this has been posted before.
18 Jan 2017, 23:51 PM

Ye, thats a thing. Has happened to me as well.
18 Jan 2017, 23:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Replays always help on identifying bugs.
Veterancy "doesn't" have effect on suppression.

19 Jan 2017, 00:01 AM

There was talk of a bug where, if you kill a MG that is suppressed/pinned at the time it dies, the negative modifiers from suppression don't disappear when you recrew it (with any squad). Someone should test it. I would, but I'm going to sleep now. Sleep is underrated.
19 Jan 2017, 00:06 AM
Donator 11

I have noticed in late game Mgs simply never pin squads, a squad can walk on a victory point which is covered by an mg and they get suppressed but can capture the victory point before they get pinned... well they never get pinned because they retreat when they have the point captured. Either way bug or not, its just silly you can walk into an MG and capture the point and hardly lose any models in doing so.
19 Jan 2017, 00:20 AM

Yellow cover, which is created by craters from explosions, tend to occupy a great deal of the map by the lategame. Demo charges, by the way, create heavy cover.

Yellow cover reduces accuracy by 50% and reduces suppression by 50%. This is what makes it a challenge to suppress squads as quickly in the lategame, especially with anything that isn't the MG42. The rest struggle entirely to apply suppression faster than their target recovers.

But there have been constant bugs with (re)crewing weapons. It's hard to determine ingame, much like when veterancy was broken.

But from what you described, that definitely sounds like one of the myriad of bugs that (re)crewing weapons has had. Get a replay demonstrating this so that it could be determined to be a bug, or just a form of really really bad RNG with inaccurate conscripts.
aaa
19 Jan 2017, 03:30 AM

In 1 game Year ago stolen mg was doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
No supresion no damage. They could decap and cap VP in mg arc without droping single model or being supressed. All that In red cover. This only aplly to stolen mg
19 Jan 2017, 05:07 AM

There was talk of a bug where, if you kill a MG that is suppressed/pinned at the time it dies, the negative modifiers from suppression don't disappear when you recrew it (with any squad). Someone should test it. I would, but I'm going to sleep now. Sleep is underrated.

Might be some truth to this both times it happened the mg42 was being pinned in red(i think) by my maxims.
19 Jan 2017, 05:15 AM

Yellow cover, which is created by craters from explosions, tend to occupy a great deal of the map by the lategame. Demo charges, by the way, create heavy cover.

Yellow cover reduces accuracy by 50% and reduces suppression by 50%. This is what makes it a challenge to suppress squads as quickly in the lategame, especially with anything that isn't the MG42. The rest struggle entirely to apply suppression faster than their target recovers.

But there have been constant bugs with (re)crewing weapons. It's hard to determine ingame, much like when veterancy was broken.

But from what you described, that definitely sounds like one of the myriad of bugs that (re)crewing weapons has had. Get a replay demonstrating this so that it could be determined to be a bug, or just a form of really really bad RNG with inaccurate conscripts.

Both times it happened the infantry it was firing at was not vetted or not very vetted as it happened early in the game. I had units (scripts, engis) in front of protecting it. I could even tell the mg42 to focus on one unit and it would basically do nothing. It did seem as if it was doing dmg but it definately would not pin a squad for the ENTIRE rest of the game and never did from first recrewing it. I also neither time used it until i first retreated it and reinforced it because it gives you 6 squads members. Both times I had them around for quite a while, in one game it survived the entire game and got to vet 2 but like i said it would not pin a single squad whatsoever no matter what.

Ill try to get a replay next time, but like i said it was a bit of a big deal obviously when an ost player loses a 42 close to the start of the game and you get it and turn it on them as we know its the best mg in the game in general especially as far as defending ground.

also is that suppose to happen< both times when i recrewed it, it then had 6 members I thought they stopped that a long time ago I havent played soviets in a while and wont always steal the weapons
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 124

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight