Login

russian armor

The Land Matress is to strong

18 Jan 2017, 14:30 PM

Look this replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o4pFvkpE_k

There you can see how strong and OP this unit is...i dont know why the raketen from this units are so strong...their explosive range and the value of raketen are too much...

they wipe every unit in its circle....even on retreat (u have no (not really much) time to react)

and its look like some units killed by ghost hits

Land matress win this match...this reload is to low and damage profil is to high for a HAND MOVE unit...

18 Jan 2017, 14:56 PM

Time to react after hear the sound to the first raketen reach the ground:

land matress: under 4
panzerwerfer: around 8sec

Dmg vs tanks:
Land matress vs 10 t70: nearly all t70 are detroyed, 5 are complete detroyed, some get critcal dmg

panzerwerfer vs 10 t70: alle get little dmg, no destroyed

land matress vs 10 king tiger: some kt get about 25% dmg
panzerwerfer vs 10 kt: some get around 5% dmg

land matress vs 10 concripts squads: around 46 kills
panzerwerfer vs 10 concripts squads: around 25 kills

18 Jan 2017, 15:19 PM

Time to react after hear the sound to the first raketen reach the ground:

land matress: under 4
panzerwerfer: around 8sec

Dmg vs tanks:
Land matress vs 10 t70: nearly all t70 are detroyed, 5 are complete detroyed, some get critcal dmg

panzerwerfer vs 10 t70: alle get little dmg, no destroyed

land matress vs 10 king tiger: some kt get about 25% dmg
panzerwerfer vs 10 kt: some get around 5% dmg

land matress vs 10 concripts squads: around 46 kills
panzerwerfer vs 10 concripts squads: around 25 kills

Try Pwerfer against against 1 conscript squad next time. Do the same with land matress. Count seconds til they both kill 1 squad. This is one of most important things.
aaa
18 Jan 2017, 15:34 PM

hate noobs
18 Jan 2017, 15:36 PM

If you go Infantry kompanie into Leichte mechanized kompanie straight into PW it will cost you 245F + 940MP. Meanwhile Landmatrass is a 8CP 40F 350MP callin this combined with its large AoE and powerfull barrage is the reason why you see Brit using this doc 9/10 times in 2v2+.
18 Jan 2017, 15:36 PM

It is very strong for the amount of rockets in each salvo, 1 direct hit and its bye bye whatever squad it hit. Its number of shells (i'd argue) is fine and is what the LM did, but each rockets damage could do with being lowered.

Not to the point of uselessness mind you...

Those tests by the way, aren't brilliant, I mean try the Walking stuka and see the kill count there. Doesn't mean the Stuka is insanely OP as a result.
18 Jan 2017, 16:21 PM

The land mattress is over performing as is the Calliope. Is it OP? In that sense yes, but in game power I don't think so.

Arty often wins matches, so it is no reflection of a unit's OP status that it won the game. Arty allows one player to trade for units at 0 cost (except for upkeep) to themselves. This will always win games as long as the ratio of loss to gain is higher than 1.

The issue here is that the inability to respond to the land mattress with a clear way. Retreating seems to force wipes by having units walk through the barrage field, but staying is not an option, nor is attacking through it. If the RoF came down, or the AoE went down on each rocket, it would be less wipey and more area denial, which is what I think the land mattress is trying to be.

The reason the land mattress comes up so frequently is because the doctrine it is in is the meta doctrine for 1v1 and 2v2. Just watch Hans. The ability to get flamers, crew repairs, commandos, and land mattress is too tempting. Other options just aren't as potent.
18 Jan 2017, 16:21 PM

Yep ,lost several games I dominated ...in one instance this thing wiped 2 paks,two vetted grens and damaged two P 4's badly,after 30 minutes of wiping a Vickers and several IS's...and didn't even had time to react,heard the sound and only saw more than half my army gone
18 Jan 2017, 17:00 PM

Landmatress and Caliope are ruining the game. I think that these are pay2win units. Zero skill units that easylly can win games for you with no effort.
How can it be that the landmatress only costs 40 FU !!!! Who designed this unit!!!!
18 Jan 2017, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2017, 17:00 PMLeo251
Landmatress and Caliope are ruining the game.

Ruining is maybe a bit hard but they certainly make coh2 a bit less fun.
18 Jan 2017, 17:45 PM

Try Pwerfer against against 1 conscript squad next time. Do the same with land matress. Count seconds til they both kill 1 squad. This is one of most important things.

The problem is that the land mattress covers about 2 to 2,5 times the ground that a kattyusha or pwerfer can hit and has way more rockets to spread around this ground.
18 Jan 2017, 17:48 PM

The problem is that the land mattress covers about 2 to 2,5 times the ground that a kattyusha or pwerfer can hit and has way more rockets to spread around this ground.

Yes I know that matress is really strong against retreating squadsa because of this. Yes I know it´s OP right now. But still, I found pwerfer more deadly for your slower targets thank matress because if you get hit by first salvo of werfer youre always dead whitch isn´t always case of matress.

Both have their pros and cons. Also matress is slow team weapon that can be manned by enemy if you screw up in smaller gamemodes ;)
18 Jan 2017, 17:58 PM

Yes I know that matress is really strong against retreating squadsa because of this. Yes I know it´s OP right now. But still, I found pwerfer more deadly for your slower targets thank matress because if you get hit by first salvo of werfer youre always dead whitch isn´t always case of matress.

Both have their pros and cons. Also matress is slow team weapon that can be manned by enemy if you screw up in smaller gamemodes ;)

Totally true! Good points. The only point of the matter is that the pwerfer is locked behind T4, the land mattress requires no teching, is cheaper and comes sooner. It is worth those trade offs if you ask me.
18 Jan 2017, 18:00 PM

It almost always fire from near their base or behind lines of AT Guns,Tanks and Vickers so this scenario is almost impossible in 1v1
18 Jan 2017, 18:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Landmattress and CalliOP are preeeetty good but for other reasons, not the ones stated by OP.

-PW/CalliOP rocket IS slightly stronger than Katyusha/LM
-PW has suppression but higher FF.
-PW/Katyusha deal full damage against heavy cover. CalliOP/LM half.
-CalliOP/Katyusha range is 200, PW is 160 and LM 120. If you use ANY of them at 70/80 range you will wipe whatever target.

What makes CalliOP/LM good are:
-The commanders they are in.
-They are call ins instead of teching (PW is not bad, but it's on T4).
-The amount of rockets, which makes them more relevant on 2v2+, specially on choke maps.

CalliOP is the best of both worlds, but it's more expensive (single target wiper/area denial). LM is extremely fragile, has lower mobility but has huge area denial.
CalliOP was nerfed in the wrong way. Instead of removing the last salvo, they should had made each salvo have equal amount of rockets. IIRC it was 10- 8/10 - 4. It should had been 6/6/6 or 8 (although this would made it really good against emplacements)
LM not really sure unless slowing down the salvo. Same amount of rockets but in a slightly slower RoF.

About replay in next comment.
18 Jan 2017, 19:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Strong points:
SU: Penals, mortar, AT gun, LM, mark vehicle,
UKF: sniper, AT gun, Cromwell/Comet, LM, PIATs,
OH: mortar, sniper, Opel/Strafe, Stug, Tiger
OKW: Kubel, Puma, rak, Volk/Ober, JT

The game overall was pretty balanced, specially on the early/mid game. I think the couple of key points were:
-UKF countersnipe (winning the "sniping" rights and vision, specially for indirect fire)
-SU throwing T3485 for not a Kubel kill (which resulted on basically going "all in" with AT gun-Penal-mortar"
-Losing Stuka and thus conceding the indirect fire battle.
-Axis winning the medium fight battle but not transitioning in order to deal with AT gun wall therefore not putting pressure with mediums to "seal" the game.
-Throwing medium tanks at around 45min and later the kill on the JT.

I think everyone got high and lows but UKF (HelpingH) was more solid through the whole game. Jove was doing fine till he lost all his mediums and transition into vet0 grens at that point in the game (just let Alastor get PF).
IMO if there was a single key moment, was losing the Stuka. Biggest mistake of the match, leaving it during the full-duration (20s) of the barrage. They had no way to deal with 2/3 120mm mortars and 2 LMs (Stuka at vet4 would laugh at either AT guns or LM with both rocket and flame barrage, as they have separate cds, instead of using Assault Artillery).
I also wonder why OH didn't transition into T4 (had mp/fuel). Brummbar/PV/PW all would had work.

PD: i'm sure none of you notice THE RNG MOMENT of the game. Check out at 44:31 and look at the minimap and Jove's Pios. Every plane tells a story.
18 Jan 2017, 19:52 PM

This is the Kind of thread i want to see in here

And not "Flamer Halftrak OP" with 5 pages
18 Jan 2017, 20:19 PM

The main preoblem on LM is: you have no time to react...you hear the sound..and the bomb drops a sec later...its to fast!!
18 Jan 2017, 20:54 PM

Matters was nerfed. So it is balanced. Its not so accurate, but it fires a lot of rockets. People use matters a lot, because it is the only good mobile ukf unit. So it can counter leig spams, which mortar pit cant.
18 Jan 2017, 20:58 PM

Matters was nerfed. So it is balanced. Its not so accurate, but it fires a lot of rockets. People use matters a lot, because it is the only good mobile ukf unit. So it can counter leig spams, which mortar pit cant.

What a joke...it counters all...it make good dmg even vs tanks...it wipes all, without a little chance to retreat...it is so easy with it...stuka can easily dodge...but this think is so strong...it need a nerf into the power from kathuscha
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight