Login

russian armor

Announcer piority

17 Jan 2017, 03:19 AM

Does anyone know how the announcer decides what to/ when to say what? Countless times I will be fighting, lose a squad that is in sight or unlock a commander ability and it will get called out by the announcer.

In the meantime the enemy has decapped my cutoff/VP etc and I didn't receive any notification of this other than visual if I look for it, and in heated battles this can be something that you completely lose sight of.

It seems silly that (What I can only assume) whatever happens first, gets called out and anything during that time is silenced, is it possible to have these announcements que and not completely go unspoken or do they actually state them like this and I just completely tunnel vision them out?
17 Jan 2017, 18:04 PM

CoH had superior vocal notification system, your squads actually gave you feedback, when they were losing men, in heavy fighting, or laughing off shit that can't even scrach em (Puma for the Sherman and Sherman for the TIgers lol).
17 Jan 2017, 18:09 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2017, 03:19 AMLatch
Does anyone know how the announcer decides what to/ when to say what? Countless times I will be fighting, lose a squad that is in sight or unlock a commander ability and it will get called out by the announcer.

In the meantime the enemy has decapped my cutoff/VP etc and I didn't receive any notification of this other than visual if I look for it, and in heated battles this can be something that you completely lose sight of.

It seems silly that (What I can only assume) whatever happens first, gets called out and anything during that time is silenced, is it possible to have these announcements que and not completely go unspoken or do they actually state them like this and I just completely tunnel vision them out?

This is an interesting question you raise, and hopefully, a Strategist will soon answer you in depth.

In the interim, to assist both you and them, in the absence of a playercard, it would mightily assist if you could clarify:

1) from what mode you ask this question. i.e. 1v1, 2v2 etc; and

2) Is there a replay? It makes it so much easier to answer your query, if we can see what faction you were playing (and against), what commanders you had available, when the problem arose etc etc

Don't be shy! Sersly.

I'll give you my brief take meanwhile, but if a Strategist answers you, please ignore me.

I don't believe it was intended you should receive all the prompts via your troops' voices.

e.g.

1) if you were playing, say, in a 3v3, and the foe attacked three of your points simultaneously, it would not help you to be prompted x3 that this was occurring, bcs you would not be able to react effectively on your own to all three threats on your points, if the points were spread over the map. Hence the preference for VOIP and arranged teams, not randoms

2) If you are playing 1v1, it is a trick for your oppo - not hard - to multitask. i.e. attack two enemy points virtually simultaneously. Your oppo will guess that you may only be verbally told about one attack, and that even if you are aware of both assaults, you may only be able to react to one of them.

What to do?

1) The Strategist will elaborate for you, but they will want to know, for instance, if you had recourse to a Recon ability, whether in the sky or otherwise e.g. the ULU; or flares, or legal maphacks per Partisans etc

2) Did you leave an unpleasant deterrent behind on your captured points ? i.e. mines - bcs "mines wins games"

3) The TAC map - and the mini map. So important, whether you are in battle or not. It is no accident that top players keep flashing the TAC map. Some play extensively from it - and the mini map holds alerts, if you glance quickly. Have you taken steps to bind your TAC map to a convenient hotkey like Numpad 0 or the Spacebar?? If not, I suuggest you consider this, depending on whether you are right-handed or left-handed

4) The unit icons at the top RH corner of your screen tell you who is under attack. I am not suggesting you become a swivel-eyed loon, but it helps. ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★