Login

russian armor

Need tips on using the Pak43

V-T
16 Jan 2017, 15:21 PM

Hilfe!

I would very much like to get the hang of the 88. It seems to be a fearsome weapon, even a total block for armored assaults. The few times i've built it, it either sits idle or gets destroyed/decrewed.

So: commanders who have had success with the static PaK 43, please share your knowledge. There is a nice guide on how to place OKW trucks and in my opinion this weapon deserves similar guide! Many commanders both on OKW and Ostheer have this in their arsenal, i'd like to hear stories of success, and learn from others.

Let's hear it!
16 Jan 2017, 15:35 PM

It doesn't have the NUKE proof 'brace' ability that the UKF emplacements have, it can get decrewed by one grenade or a few mortar hits, let alone a molotov or flame barrage. It is quite frankly, a waste of investment, and from a tactical standpoint: hopeless.

Pro tip: Don't use it haha

If you are really serious about using it, then use it in 2v2s and or team games. Then your alies can build a medic bunker near it, so it can heal, which it always must lol.
16 Jan 2017, 16:32 PM

just construct it behind some building. it will shoot through it anyways. because garden logic. also please buff ostheer please!!1111
16 Jan 2017, 17:48 PM

also please buff ostheer please!!1111

Finally! We agree!
16 Jan 2017, 18:01 PM

it will shoot through it anyways. because garden logic

That's not what US Army said when Carius' Jagdtiger pierced two walls of a building before knocking out their tank behind it in early 1945.
16 Jan 2017, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2017, 15:21 PMV-T
Hilfe!

I would very much like to get the hang of the 88. It seems to be a fearsome weapon, even a total block for armored assaults. The few times i've built it, it either sits idle or gets destroyed/decrewed.

So: commanders who have had success with the static PaK 43, please share your knowledge. There is a nice guide on how to place OKW trucks and in my opinion this weapon deserves similar guide! Many commanders both on OKW and Ostheer have this in their arsenal, i'd like to hear stories of success, and learn from others.

Let's hear it!

Well there isn´t too much to do with guide about pak43. As okw you should place it near your medic truck so it gets healed and reinforced, and near flakHQ as well, so you get protected from infantry as well. You should place it behind house/shotblocker as well because it can fire through shotblockers.

As ostheer you should place it behind shotblockers as well and build reinforcemente bunker near it / unupgraded 251, so you can reinforce.

Always keep squads around it so you can man it when it gets decrewed, and pios so it can be repaired. Don t forget to repair it from time to time, even if it havent been decrewed. Use hmgs to stop infantry advance. Use vet 1 stun shot to stun medium tank and then kill it with second shot.

Always wait with pak43 until enemy chose his doctrine. If he went doctrine with strong offmap (commados bombing run, artillery cover, british railways arty, time on tager, armored co. offmap, calliOP, soviet bombing run or m20) so enemy doesn´t have 1 click wonder that hardcounters your 500MP investment. This is the most important think. You can place it as well as you want, but still it will be useless if enemy have 1 click wonder against it.

Positioning on battlefield comes from common sence. Placing to near to battlefield = dead, placing too far = useless piece of shit.

Hope I helped you. If no ask me. I can also make short TotW guide about it if you still want to. Will be only about 1v1 maps thought.

Cheers. Hector
V-T
17 Jan 2017, 07:16 AM

Woah, almost slipped to off topic in less than 2 posts :D

Thanks Hec, that idea for OKW to build halftracs and pak together is actually helpful. Could make a very strong base of operations. On the downside it really is asking for an artillery strike :D

24 Jan 2017, 23:34 PM

PAKs are great. They WILL die and if they dont, its not because youre amazing. Just consider your opportunity cost. If you nerf 2 tanks in its first/surprise engagement youve already broken even with its cost.

You just need to make sure its a surprise. A Nod to Hector with an eye on the doctrine your opponent picks as well. Fire doesnt scare me off though, it doesnt damage the gun. If you KNOW your opponent is going to have a hard-on to kill it, maybe even to their own detriment, you can also use that fact to out maneuver them while they rage against your AT and take out their back lines.

The OKW commander with pak is better than Wher commanders with pak as far as I am concerned. Most disagree with me though.
31 Jan 2017, 13:28 PM

I've found the Pak43 be useful against the pershing commander in particular since there's no off maps or call in arty get rid of it. But in general, as long as your opponent(s) is playing a commander(s) which don't have a 1-click-kill on it you're going to be able to make use out of it, some examples are Shock Rifle, Guard Motor and the Pershing.

But always place the pak43 behind a building or other shotblocker, have a medic bunker and some reinforcement (or medic base as OKW) near it, constantly repair it if it's taking mortar fire. So basically babysit the thing.
31 Jan 2017, 22:15 PM

so you have learned how to use it from these advice.
totally alies have so much easy counter for it man,okw cant protect its medic truck hq from alies artiley even they made it so far back and you wanto use pak43(ost or okw) :) not suggest and its abit different coh1 flak88 with that armor .
31 Jan 2017, 23:22 PM
Donator 11

There is one more thing to note: pak43 is generally awesome unit that has only one weakness - offmap strikes. These strikes can be called only by some commanders. If you have one pak43 doctrine in your loadout, just watch carefully what commanders your opponents have while the game loads - that way you can calculate how probable it is they will have the counter. If you are 90% sure they have no counter - go for it, it is often best doctrine choice on such occurence.
3 Feb 2017, 13:09 PM

In my humble opinion any defensive tactic is hopeless if you do not have sufficient support from light or heavy artillery. Do not keep your pak on "front-line". You should use it to fortify line. It has greater range that other pak's. Since it is slow to turn around you should place it on one area where you expect that enemy tanks will move 100%.

Another tip is use it on crucial positions where enemy will attack 100% like wp areas and so on.

Way to "move" around its slow turning ratio and arc is to place it almost at the end of its intentional range. Reason being that further you are arc will be wider enemy tanks will have less area to maneuver. Half-track to reinforce and pioneer close to repair are necessary.

Pak needs a great time to maintain.

Many people see this as weakness that it is mobilize and they can focus it. But you should use that to your advantage. Since you will probably use it in mid-late game you should exploit their affords to counter that pack and destroy it by making pressure on other field and making their assault plans to change and inflicting losses.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★