Login

russian armor

Ost mortar is too OP(Vickers HP bug)

12 Jan 2017, 08:50 AM

The first hit kill one model of my vicker and the second hit DESTROY my vicker. WTF!!? It's just like the mortar never miss and 1 hit can completely annihilate the vicker!!! When axis players complaining USF mortar at the beginning, actually it's the same for UKF. And it is more unfair for UKF as the ost turbo mortar arrive much earlier than the USF pack howitzer and having better stat and being cheaper than the USF mortar after the WBP. Why ost mortar can be so op like reloading with 3.7 second per shot with super high accuracy when the only usage of the soviet one is used to counter the ost mortar ? No matter the OKW stuka and ostheer mortar just completely ruin UKF's team weapon play.
It's completely absurd.

Suggestion: Increase the scatter of Ost mortar or increase its reload speed.

Quick preview:

replay: (look at the eastern side, i played british)
https://www.coh2.org/replay/58585/ost-cheating-mortar

Even the pack howitzers of my teammate are overwhelmed by this laser-guided mortar.

P.S. It may be a hack, otherwise the mortar is really too op.
12 Jan 2017, 09:52 AM

I will watch the full replay, but the video only shows it firing 2 shots which, you will agree with me, is inconclusive.
12 Jan 2017, 10:04 AM

I will watch the full replay, but the video only shows it firing 2 shots which, you will agree with me, is inconclusive.

it is a full health vicker(i mean the weapon itself, how come the ost mortar can DESTROY it with one shot? It's not the case it was abandoned.
12 Jan 2017, 10:13 AM

The gun getting destroyed was almost certainly a bug, like how a panzerfaust killed an IS-2 in one shot because it was on some bit of terrain that acted like a bridge blowing up.

As for the mortar's accuracy, the Ost mortar was always the best until the USF secret military factories developed the laser guided turbo mortar that basically couldn't miss :p

As for concerns about ruleset hacks, I doubt it's possible. https://www.coh2.org/guides/56140/coh2-faq#2462 third question down.
12 Jan 2017, 10:14 AM

Well, originally, the Ostheer mortar was created to take on 6-man squads of the Soviet. That's why it has rather good accuracy cause if it doesn't back then, why would anyone bother get it. Same go with Soviet mortar, it was created to take on 4-man squads of the Ostheer, so it has worse accuracy cause if it has the same accuracy as Ostheer mortar, it will completely annihilate Ostheer infantries (That's why USF mortar was such a powerful weapon despite being the exact same copy of the Ostheer mortar: It was because the enemy they fight against, rathar itself). The case with Brits will basically the same as how USF mortar perform towards Ostheer (4-man squads being attack by mortar designed to take on larger squad size).

In all honesty, the USF mortar should been the copy of the Soviet mortar, not the Ostheer one due to reasons above (The majority of both Ostheer and OKW infantry-based units are 4-man squads). Meanwhile, the situation with how Ostheer mortar perform toward Brits infantries is more tricky since Ostheer mortar perform fine and balance towards USF and Soviet (The majority of these two armies are 5-man and 6-man squads) but not the same early on with Brits (Later on they get 5-man for the majority of their troops, but early on quite problematic). In this case, I guess cope with it?‎
12 Jan 2017, 10:18 AM

Quality thread. With the new spacing your six man units are going to last till eternity.
12 Jan 2017, 11:06 AM

Well, originally, the Ostheer mortar was created to take on 6-man squads of the Soviet. That's why it has rather good accuracy cause if it doesn't back then, why would anyone bother get it. Same go with Soviet mortar, it was created to take on 4-man squads of the Ostheer, so it has worse accuracy cause if it has the same accuracy as Ostheer mortar, it will completely annihilate Ostheer infantries (That's why USF mortar was such a powerful weapon despite being the exact same copy of the Ostheer mortar: It was because the enemy they fight against, rathar itself). The case with Brits will basically the same as how USF mortar perform towards Ostheer (4-man squads being attack by mortar designed to take on larger squad size).

In all honesty, the USF mortar should been the copy of the Soviet mortar, not the Ostheer one due to reasons above (The majority of both Ostheer and OKW infantry-based units are 4-man squads). Meanwhile, the situation with how Ostheer mortar perform toward Brits infantries is more tricky since Ostheer mortar perform fine and balance towards USF and Soviet (The majority of these two armies are 5-man and 6-man squads) but not the same early on with Brits (Later on they get 5-man for the majority of their troops, but early on quite problematic). In this case, I guess cope with it?‎

No,some tweak is needed. Just like the USF mortar.
12 Jan 2017, 11:35 AM

SWIM can confirm that stats/RNG hack in game is not possible since it's no more P2P.

can someomne who watched the replay confirm us it's only L2P issue ?
12 Jan 2017, 12:01 PM

No,some tweak is needed. Just like the USF mortar.

Yes, but tweak to what? Not the Ostheer mortar. When something is already balanced to the majority then it's the minority one is being unbalanced. Brits faction itself has been full of flaws since its release, more than the WFA (I do play Brits myself, but I sincerely think that the faction needs a total revamp like OKW once faced in order to achieve balance).‎
12 Jan 2017, 12:07 PM

The first hit kill one model of my vicker and the second hit DESTROY my vicker.

In your video, there was no model killed with the 1st shot. 4 men still alive after 1st shot, but their hitpoints are reduced. The second hit kills them.

This can happen all the time, it can be that already in 1 hit all are dead, or that the mortar misses all the time and hit nothing.

No need to call it a cheat and create youtube videos with "cheating mortar" in it.
12 Jan 2017, 12:12 PM

SWIM can confirm that stats/RNG hack in game is not possible since it's no more P2P.

can someomne who watched the replay confirm us it's only L2P issue ?

Learn to dodge a mortar shell with a vicker? Are you okay? Go to see a doctor if it is needed.
12 Jan 2017, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2017, 12:07 PMLoxley

In your video, there was no model killed with the 1st shot. 4 men still alive after 1st shot, but their hitpoints are reduced. The second hit kills them.

This can happen all the time, it can be that already in 1 hit all are dead, or that the mortar misses all the time and hit nothing.

No need to call it a cheat and create youtube videos with "cheating mortar" in it.

I have played for 2000 hours and I never experience destroying a full health team weapon with 1 mortar shot when playing ally. Happen all the time?lolll
12 Jan 2017, 12:19 PM

Yes, but tweak to what? Not the Ostheer mortar. When something is already balanced to the majority then it's the minority one is being unbalanced. Brits faction itself has been full of flaws since its release, more than the WFA (I do play Brits myself, but I sincerely think that the faction needs a total revamp like OKW once faced in order to achieve balance).‎

Your signature betrays you.
12 Jan 2017, 12:22 PM

Oh man, leave OST alone. They are the waekest faction by far, and you are whinnin about a mortar?? are you OK?

12 Jan 2017, 12:25 PM

I have played for 2000 hours and I never experience destroying a full health team weapon with 1 mortar shot when playing ally. Happen all the time?lolll

Well, it were 2 shots, not one. Both hit exactly your mg. I don't know if it is a bug or not, maybe it can happen that the teamweapon gets destroyed by 2 shots.

By the way, I played Coh2 over 3.300 hours, sometimes the mortars hit nothing, sometimes my own mortar or mg get killed by 1 shot, not by 2 shots like in your video.

But I never open a cheating thread, because mortar is hardcounter for mgs, it is his job to kill it. ^^

Like I said, sometimes maybe with 6 shots, sometimes with 1, it is only luck.
12 Jan 2017, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2017, 12:22 PMLeo251
Oh man, leave OST alone. They are the waekest faction by far, and you are whinnin about a mortar?? are you OK?

No, UKF is the weakest faction. A crippled faction without any heavy tank and mobile artillery and cheap TD.
12 Jan 2017, 12:29 PM

Watched your footage.

While destroyed HMG is clearly a bug and should be adressed, the accuracy on the OST mortar is fine. 1 st shell dropped close enough to wound all models, 2nd one hit in the middle wiping a squad, unlucky for you, but not unusual. If you hear mortar firing at your support squad just pack your shit and relocate a little. Every Axis player had to learn that lesson since even more deadly USF mortar was introduced, so I guess you with your 2000 hours of game experience will get a hang of it pretty fast.

EDIT:

No, UKF is the weakest faction. A crippled faction without any heavy tank and mobile artillery and cheap TD.

:^)
12 Jan 2017, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2017, 12:25 PMLoxley

Well, it were 2 shots, not one. Both hit exactly your mg. I don't know if it is a bug or not, maybe it can happen that the teamweapon gets destroyed by 2 shots.

By the way, I played Coh2 over 3.300 hours, sometimes the mortars hit nothing, sometimes my own mortar or mg get killed by 1 shot, not by 2 shots like in your video.

But I never open a cheating thread, because mortar is hardcounter for mgs, it is his job to kill it. ^^

Like I said, sometimes maybe with 6 shots, sometimes with 1, it is only luck.

The MG was not abandoned. It got destroyed !!!!! A white bar below the health bar indicate the durability of the weapon. It just got destroyed when it had full health!!! Do you understand the difference between destroy and abandon?
12 Jan 2017, 12:32 PM

Watched your footage.

While destroyed HMG is clearly a bug and should be adressed, the accuracy on the OST mortar is fine. 1 st shell dropped close enough to wound all models, 2nd one hit in the middle wiping a squad, unlucky for you, but not unusual. If you hear mortar firing at your support squad just pack your shit and relocate a little. Every Axis player had to learn that lesson since even more deadly USF mortar was introduced, so I guess you with your 2000 hours of game experience will get a hang of it pretty fast.

But the deadly USF mortar get nerf into the ground after the patch. So, Axis player don't have to learn anymore but British player only.
12 Jan 2017, 12:36 PM

But the deadly USF mortar get nerf into the ground after the patch. So, Axis player don't have to learn anymore but British player only.

USF shouldn't recieve a mortar to begin with. But that's not the point.

Rifles and Infantry sections beat Grens in vacum, thats why Ost is built around superior (in theory) support weapons to compensate that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight