Login

russian armor

Change all medics to Heal aura

9 Jan 2017, 20:42 PM

Yo CoH2 lovers. soviet/wehr/okw medics are all unit models which are inefficient at their job. I think they should change it to a healing aura similar to the usa ambulance. should be reduced rate of healing but everyone in the area receives universal healthcare (not Obama's thank god). This would be great for healing inefficiency when they are many models that need healing in different squads.

Tell me what you think
9 Jan 2017, 21:07 PM

Whats next, all factions having interogation because g43 rifles give ostheer maphack ?

USA have this kind of heal because they are mobile faction that is mean to be on field sooner than others. To compensate for this, ambulance is super squishy and killing it early on with 1 222 or luchs or puma, or even later by tank flank because USA doesn´t ussually have mines nor tank counters in base can give player big blow by killing his 250MP 10 fuel ambulance.

Soviets have 250mp medics that heal only 3 members at once, but those medics are always there, only losing HQ will also give you lose of medics. Also soviets have merge, so they can stay longer on field.

UKF for example don´t even have medics and their only source of heal is gimmick IS heal that doesn´t even heal squads to whole HP. On the other hand it only costs 30 munnition and is avalible anywhere where IS is, so its most mobile.

Ost can build relatively durable medics bunkers for cheap cost anywhere they want, so its not like they are crippeled by this. Nothing is better than well placed forward medic bunker and 251 for reinforce. To compensate for this, they get 3 memeber at once heal.

OKW have deployable medic HQ that also serves as retreat point and as reinforce point. To somehow balance this with other 4, they have immobile source of healing and also lose part of their tech tree if they lose their forward HQ. Most OKW units also tend to get free-heal at vet3, so its not like they are punished by losing healing point at all.

So you cleary see each faction have unique source of healing and you cannot actually homogenize it because each of them have its serious pros and drawbacks.
9 Jan 2017, 21:27 PM

Yes Heal aura would be awesome change, heal a lot more reliable and faster. But i think relic won't add this change bcz it'll make game better.
11 Jan 2017, 22:40 PM

I like the idea but unfortunately Hector is right. Making this change is just going to lead to less diversify and more unneeded changes.

This isn't Starcraft 2, we have to deal with the inefficiencies and overcome them.
12 Jan 2017, 00:01 AM

Yo CoH2 lovers. soviet/wehr/okw medics are all unit models which are inefficient at their job. I think they should change it to a healing aura similar to the usa ambulance. should be reduced rate of healing but everyone in the area receives universal healthcare (not Obama's thank god). This would be great for healing inefficiency when they are many models that need healing in different squads.

Tell me what you think

I'm agree, actually nice idea, medic's makes a lot of micro problems.
12 Jan 2017, 04:42 AM

Whats next, all factions having interogation because g43 rifles give ostheer maphack ?

USA have this kind of heal because they are mobile faction that is mean to be on field sooner than others. To compensate for this, ambulance is super squishy and killing it early on with 1 222 or luchs or puma, or even later by tank flank because USA doesn´t ussually have mines nor tank counters in base can give player big blow by killing his 250MP 10 fuel ambulance.

Soviets have 250mp medics that heal only 3 members at once, but those medics are always there, only losing HQ will also give you lose of medics. Also soviets have merge, so they can stay longer on field.

UKF for example don´t even have medics and their only source of heal is gimmick IS heal that doesn´t even heal squads to whole HP. On the other hand it only costs 30 munnition and is avalible anywhere where IS is, so its most mobile.

Ost can build relatively durable medics bunkers for cheap cost anywhere they want, so its not like they are crippeled by this. Nothing is better than well placed forward medic bunker and 251 for reinforce. To compensate for this, they get 3 memeber at once heal.

OKW have deployable medic HQ that also serves as retreat point and as reinforce point. To somehow balance this with other 4, they have immobile source of healing and also lose part of their tech tree if they lose their forward HQ. Most OKW units also tend to get free-heal at vet3, so its not like they are punished by losing healing point at all.

So you cleary see each faction have unique source of healing and you cannot actually homogenize it because each of them have its serious pros and drawbacks.

Also ambulance is a lot more expensive than most other forms of healing, and serves a faction that tends to have a lot of guys shot up all the time. Medic chasing 20 meters after squads is kinda a problem though, but I believe this was fixed as a QoL change in the wbp.
12 Jan 2017, 15:51 PM

Also ambulance is a lot more expensive than most other forms of healing, and serves a faction that tends to have a lot of guys shot up all the time. Medic chasing 20 meters after squads is kinda a problem though, but I believe this was fixed as a QoL change in the wbp.

Ambulance is more expensive but can move and reinforce, and healing aura.

It totally justify the cost

0 Pop cap and limited to 1 on the field would be good :P
13 Jan 2017, 05:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2017, 15:51 PMBlalord

Ambulance is more expensive but can move and reinforce, and healing aura.

It totally justify the cost

0 Pop cap and limited to 1 on the field would be good :P

Who the hell ever makes more than one ambulance? You're definitely right, and my point is that factions all have asymmetey even in how they heal and reinforce their units.
13 Jan 2017, 13:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Who the hell ever makes more than one ambulance? You're definitely right, and my point is that factions all have asymmetey even in how they heal and reinforce their units.

Haven't you heard about ambulance base rush ?

On a serious note: it's not necessary that all healing should be done via AoE, specially after the fixes on WPB.
13 Jan 2017, 14:28 PM

Haven't you heard about ambulance base rush ?

On a serious note: it's not necessary that all healing should be done via AoE, specially after the fixes on WPB.

Oh yeah I saw that once. Surprised more people don't try it with mech company dodges.
13 Jan 2017, 15:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Oh yeah I saw that once. Surprised more people don't try it with mech company dodges.

"SemiREALLY SEMI distant in a far far away galaxy viable" cheese, which can only work on 1v1 against OH. Why? Because if there is snowflake OKW you are gonna get wreck by flak bunkers.
IF you are dominating someone, you can just use a major/captain and retreat/on me to bypass the suppression from bunkers.
14 Jan 2017, 02:04 AM

"SemiREALLY SEMI distant in a far far away galaxy viable" cheese, which can only work on 1v1 against OH. Why? Because if there is snowflake OKW you are gonna get wreck by flak bunkers.
IF you are dominating someone, you can just use a major/captain and retreat/on me to bypass the suppression from bunkers.

Pretty much.
16 Jan 2017, 19:42 PM

@hector I dont think healing makes a big difference to how the factions play. ambulance is pretty cheap for what you get, mobile reinforcement/healing aura. But my gripe is with the method of healing, having a healing aura instead of medics is not a case of faction diversity, its just a case of an annoying medic mechanic.

ps. Brits do get medics from glider!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS