Option Distribution Votes
29%
67%
4%
Total votes: 48
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
8 Jan 2017, 14:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Here is a quick poll. I have always found it weird that grenadiers were always locked behind a building. Ostheer loses a bit map control in seeing that they have to tech into a building for their standard infantry. Soviets can always build later for support weapons, while USF, UKF, and start with infantry and support weapons in there initial building. While their teching is expensive but they do not lose out on early map control from being able to rush towards a favored building. My suggestion is that swap the position of the MG 42 and the Grenadier. Panzerfausts would still require the building however.
8 Jan 2017, 15:12 PM

With USF having a mortar, and the other factions having fast flamer clown cars while their counter the 222 costing twice more than it used to, I think ostheer needs to be more aggressive.

So yes.
8 Jan 2017, 15:24 PM

If WBP changes go thru Ostheer will be able to survive only if gren are T0 Pg T1 and Hmg T2....

With USF having a mortar, and the other factions having fast flamer clown cars while their counter the 222 costing twice more than it used to, I think ostheer needs to be more aggressive.

So yes.
You have to wait for 60 munition to get a flamer clown car which is always 4-5 minutes mark already. I don't think it is "fast". Faust is enough to counter clown car already.

Here is a quick poll. I have always found it weird that grenadiers were always locked behind a building. Ostheer loses a bit map control in seeing that they have to tech into a building for their standard infantry. Soviets can always build later for support weapons, while USF, UKF, and start with infantry and support weapons in there initial building. While their teching is expensive but they do not lose out on early map control from being able to rush towards a favored building. My suggestion is that swap the position of the MG 42 and the Grenadier. Panzerfausts would still require the building however.
I would like to build maxim at T0
8 Jan 2017, 15:25 PM
Donator 11

we don't need quicker grenadiers, we need more durable grenadiers aka 5 man squad which can be upgraded at T4.
8 Jan 2017, 16:34 PM

I don't see any problem with the current setup.
8 Jan 2017, 22:40 PM

Weren't the Brits the only ones having problems with T0 MG42s? I think so.

But yeah, I always thought about this, well not always, uhm, a bit before the announcement for the UKF Alpha in which the MG42 was made T0.

Since the Cons were already in the Soviet T0 building.

So yeah, Grens in T0, MG42 back to T1 along with PGs being in T1 sounds kind of OK to me, then they'll be able to match Penals since they'll be coming out at sort of the same time.

Problem is double Panzershrecks will put an early end to Allied Light vehicle meta, of course, that is if the Wehr player has the munitions to spare for it to answer the Allied LVs.
8 Jan 2017, 22:54 PM

please T0 10 fuel kingtiger
8 Jan 2017, 23:41 PM

its fine the way it is
9 Jan 2017, 01:16 AM

The thing with Ostheer is that their army works around support weapons, not infantry. They aren't like USF where your army' strength lies in Rifleman, Ostheer' strength lies in its support weapons and combine arms, which make Grenadiers a unit to cover up your support weapons in case enemy infantry come in too close and personal. Grenadiers wasn't meant to be built like Rifleman so there's no need to get them out first/the same time as Rifleman, and since Ostheer relies mostly on support weapons, it's fine for them to be able to build MG42 first from T0 (MG42 also is one of the most important weapons in Wehrmacht's arsenal, so I'm fine with it).‎
9 Jan 2017, 01:34 AM

this change was made to provide more openings and tactics (pios+ mg + T2 tech, Osttruppen + mg, Assault grens + mg)

good change; please close thread now or give vipper and kingdun a private forum
9 Jan 2017, 11:11 AM

DonnieChan nailed it, it's fine the way it is due to various combos and openings that MG42 in T0 provides.
9 Jan 2017, 11:16 AM

Learn to play issue, try to understand how each faction is designed and there is no real difference between teching up to get your mainline infantry and getting it from tier 0.
This is how the game is fundamentally designed with the vanilla faction.

Soviet starts with offensive capability, Ostheer with defensive.

I don't see how you lose map control, I can show you games where you can just spam MG42 and skip tier 1...

And if you do this you will also render assault grens and ostruppen a bit useless or late.

The only threat to Ostheer defensive play is the USF mortar, it needs to get either removed or nerfed for good.

9 Jan 2017, 14:08 PM

While it is a tempting idea, I'll say no.

I fear it might change the scales of balance of the game way too much, and more defensive/static nature of OST compliments the starting HMG.

The Grenadiers needs more survivability with the upgradable 5th man in late game, their place in T1 is fine imo.

9 Jan 2017, 20:14 PM

this change was made to provide more openings and tactics (pios+ mg + T2 tech, Osttruppen + mg, Assault grens + mg)

just tell kingun "playercard plz" :p
11 Jan 2017, 18:00 PM

Lol,no man.There are already a lot of symmetric changes that i don't like.I don't want to play all the armies the same,just some resource differences and skins.So NO.USF mortar will be nerfed and that's a VERY BIG WIN for osthers
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★