Login

russian armor

You can Shift Micro your Vehicles

26 Jul 2013, 18:42 PM

Just a tip I only just found out. You can give your vehicles way points. I knew shift worked with territories (you click an infantry squad, then hold shift then click points in the order you want them captured), but found you can also circle houses etc with ease by selecting a vehicle holding shift and clicking each point you want it to move to in order.

Just a tip for those not aware.
26 Jul 2013, 18:56 PM

Very useful for creating a safe path for your light vehicles to get from point A to point B while keeping them away from the known location of enemy tanks.
26 Jul 2013, 19:07 PM

Didn't know you can do that with vehicles. It works on infantry as well, this is how I tell them to jump over several fences to avoid MG.

Thanks for the tip.
26 Jul 2013, 19:31 PM

When I first checked the title, I thought it read "You can shit-micro your vehicles." watching my replays, ive noticed a recurring theme in my recent losses has been a study in "how-to: get your half-track destroyed in under 60 seconds." thusly, I agreed with the title's analysis of my own game and decided to enter this here forum posting.

then i read the post and was like....oh, woah

then i read astarot's part about shift clicking your infantry to ninja through towns and now i'm like, woah, totally blown - can't wait to get home and shit-click my armies to victory
27 Jul 2013, 15:58 PM

27 Jul 2013, 16:26 PM

Woah, I've always done this, thought everyone knew it :)
I've even got a mouse-button assigned to "hold shift and right-click repeatedly" for easy vehicle pathing (my coh1 reverse script).
27 Jul 2013, 16:44 PM

such a great tip
wow
only the tip tho
no shaft
good tip
27 Jul 2013, 17:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2013, 16:26 PMQvazar
Woah, I've always done this, thought everyone knew it :)
I've even got a mouse-button assigned to "hold shift and right-click repeatedly" for easy vehicle pathing (my coh1 reverse script).

People who didn't play CoH1 much probably don't realize. Do you know how weird it is when you go from CoH2 to CoH1 without the reverse key to micro your vehicles! :P

I still use shift click to micro vehicles, whether its forward or reverse motion. The reverse button makes it so easy now though :)
27 Jul 2013, 18:56 PM

Yeah, it's always easy to forget that not everyone has played an RTS before this - it's not like the game informs you of this itself.

Another cool point is that you can also shift-queue retreat, so cap a far point then shift retreat if you know it will put that squad in crazy danger.

Obviously it makes wire easier ^^.

27 Jul 2013, 19:31 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I remember figuring out how to lay multiple mines in different locations with a shift cue back in 2006-2007. Good times! :) I think most CoH veterans can do that kind of thing now with muscle memory... not even having to think about it.
28 Jul 2013, 00:00 AM
Honorary Member Badge

yea shift click is like a god send. i remeber using the shit out of it in aoe3 and some other games to build stuff. but then i started using it in coh :D it was amazing.
28 Jul 2013, 16:35 PM

Shift queue retreat? Nice tip. Also never knew you could make them jump over fences with shift queue. Really good to know.
28 Jul 2013, 17:14 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Yep. The shift-cue retreat is used very frequently to finish capping a point and then get the hell out of there.
28 Jul 2013, 17:20 PM

you can basically shift + command for any action in the game.

lay mine > repair tank
cap > retreat
jump fence > move here

edit: some abilities it won't work though, generally stuff that doesn't require a target like oorah, blitzkrieg, capture territory (tanks), recon mode, crew repairs, etc.
29 Jul 2013, 03:29 AM

When queuing a retreat command, don't try to use the hotkey (shift+T). That will make the squad retreat immediately. Instead, click the retreat button in the lower right of the UI while holding shift.
29 Jul 2013, 07:27 AM

I love capwalk.
29 Jul 2013, 09:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2013, 07:27 AMPepsi
I love capwalk.

hahaha I remember you getting angry when the bug wouldn't bug. That love <444>3

No capwalk in CoH2 Pepsi :(
29 Jul 2013, 10:01 AM

I've noticed that shift-click doesn't work all the time. If a squad is capturing, and I shift click onto another capture area, they will head on out over there immediately. If you shift click onto the point itself, they will finish capturing and then move on. Curious bug.
29 Jul 2013, 12:29 PM

I've noticed that shift-click doesn't work all the time. If a squad is capturing, and I shift click onto another capture area, they will head on out over there immediately. If you shift click onto the point itself, they will finish capturing and then move on. Curious bug.

If you order a unit to simply move inside of capture point A and then shift-click to capture point B, they will move immediately as the move command to point A has already been completed. You need to order them to actually capture each point to force them to wait to move until the capture is complete. This means that if you want to have them set up in specific cover or stand near the edge of the circle, you'll have to micro it yourself.
29 Jul 2013, 12:45 PM

That could be it. I will check some more to make certain. Thanks :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★