Login

russian armor

Please give us more multiplayer options

6 Jan 2017, 08:15 AM

I think that the Company of Heroes 2 multiplayer is lacking in basic functionality. I don't mean game play, I'm talking about options. Things that are just the basics in other multiplayer games.

Kick players in game

I can't count the amount of times I've had a player AFK, or troll in my matches. Being able to kick players while playing the actual match would be awesome and help half of my issues with the multiplayer features. As the host I should either be able to instantly kick someone from the match, or initiate a vote kick. I can kick anyone while in the lobby, so why can't I in game? It'd be simple to implement as all Relic needs to do is add the option to kick players from the player list in game.

Rank requirement

As I play more and more of Company of Heroes 2, and improve my skill, I'm getting tired of having teammates with only 6.5 hours on the game in my match against expert bots. I also have Spearhead on which is a lot harder than vanilla. I don't want to kick these new players just for being new because I'd feel like a dick, so being able to set a level requirement to keep these new players out would be awesome. Having PvP matches would be funner for me as there is always that noob, or two that make the match super unbalanced.

Improved workshop support

Another thing that happens constantly is someone in my match not being able to download the mods I have enabled. The most prevalent one people can't download is a very small mod that increases the population limit to 150 and allows me to zoom the camera out more. It's probably less than a MB big. People not being able to download maps, stuff like that. One of the biggest issues for players with slow internet speeds are downloading skins. The best way I can think to fix this is to either A. Make it so workshop skins, victory strikes and decals aren't required to download to start the match, or B. Give players an option to to not have to download anything in the first place other than the map, tuning pack, and win condition. I can't tell you how many times I've gone from a full lobby to an empty lobby because someone couldn't download the map, or something.

Edit:

Some of you guys gave some good ideas I didn't even think of.

Reconnect to game matches

As someone who's crashes quite a bit after the winter patch... yes.

Create a custom server name

As you all know, the server name is just your username. It wasn't like this in CoH 1 and it was a cool thing that was there. I could finally let people know what mod I'm using and other stuff by just looking at my server.

Voice communication

As someone who uses a hotkey program to make my arrow keys WASD, it can make typing a little tricky. Voice communication would be pretty cool to have considering how many Russian's I get in my game.

Ability to close slots
6 Jan 2017, 08:46 AM

Rank requirement

As I play more and more of Company of Heroes 2, and improve my skill, I'm getting tired of having teammates with only 6.5 hours on the game in my match against expert bots. I also with Spearhead on which is a lot harder than vanilla. I don't want to kick these new players just for being new because I'd feel like a dick, so being able to set a level requirement to keep these new players out would be awesome. Having PvP matches would be funner for me as there is always that noob, or two that make the match super unbalanced.

huh?
6 Jan 2017, 08:54 AM

huh?

It's annoying to have brand new players join the match when I'm playing against enemy AI on expert.

PvP matches often times have a bad player in them which would be greatly fixed with the rank requirement.
6 Jan 2017, 09:05 AM

It's annoying to have brand new players join the match when I'm playing against enemy AI on expert.

PvP matches often times have a bad player in them which would be greatly fixed with the rank requirement.

I belive that only brand new players play automatch vs AI :sibHyena:
6 Jan 2017, 09:46 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

And since it hasn't been possible for a while now to flip another player's playercard in the lobby, you have to check their steam profile. Well, you can always paste their Steam ID to a leaderboard URL to see their rank.

These are all issues that a player who plays a lot of lobby games faces. Things to add to the list:

• Ability to close slots
  • Set a custom title for a hosted game
19 Jan 2017, 20:35 PM

I belive that only brand new players play automatch vs AI :sibHyena:

Yeah I think that's the problem. You can't be mad about new players wanting to fight AI.
19 Jan 2017, 20:54 PM

3p1c Troll

19 Jan 2017, 22:44 PM

Yeah I think that's the problem. You can't be mad about new players wanting to fight AI.

When I was new one, I wanted to play 4v4 only and I didn't know how to retreat so I simply walked to the base :sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena:

Of course if my '1 model left' squad was able to walk half of the map to the basewithout a wipe :sibHyena::sibHyena:
20 Jan 2017, 00:58 AM

I think that the Company of Heroes 2 multiplayer is lacking in basic functionality. I don't mean game play, I'm talking about options. Things that are just the basics in other multiplayer games.

Kick players in game

I can't count the amount of times I've had a player AFK, or troll in my matches. Being able to kick players while playing the actual match would be awesome and help half of my issues with the multiplayer features. As the host I should either be able to instantly kick someone from the match, or initiate a vote kick. I can kick anyone while in the lobby, so why can't I in game? It'd be simple to implement as all Relic needs to do is add the option to kick players from the player list in game.

Rank requirement

As I play more and more of Company of Heroes 2, and improve my skill, I'm getting tired of having teammates with only 6.5 hours on the game in my match against expert bots. I also have Spearhead on which is a lot harder than vanilla. I don't want to kick these new players just for being new because I'd feel like a dick, so being able to set a level requirement to keep these new players out would be awesome. Having PvP matches would be funner for me as there is always that noob, or two that make the match super unbalanced.

Improved workshop support

Another thing that happens constantly is someone in my match not being able to download the mods I have enabled. The most prevalent one people can't download is a very small mod that increases the population limit to 150 and allows me to zoom the camera out more. It's probably less than a MB big. People not being able to download maps, stuff like that. One of the biggest issues for players with slow internet speeds are downloading skins. The best way I can think to fix this is to either A. Make it so workshop skins, victory strikes and decals aren't required to download to start the match, or B. Give players an option to to not have to download anything in the first place other than the map, tuning pack, and win condition. I can't tell you how many times I've gone from a full lobby to an empty lobby because someone couldn't download the map, or something.

Edit:

Some of you guys gave some good ideas I didn't even think of.

Reconnect to game matches

As someone who's crashes quite a bit after the winter patch... yes.

Create a custom server name

As you all know, the server name is just your username. It wasn't like this in CoH 1 and it was a cool thing that was there. I could finally let people know what mod I'm using and other stuff by just looking at my server.

Voice communication

As someone who uses a hotkey program to make my arrow keys WASD, it can make typing a little tricky. Voice communication would be pretty cool to have considering how many Russian's I get in my game.

Ability to close slots

Great ideas !!
20 Jan 2017, 12:23 PM

The unfortunate thing is that there is a very VERY little chance for changes like these to be implemented. The game is 3 1/2 years old with only one Relic team member left for support. These suggestions require deep code changes in the engine, but there is no one left to do that because the rest of the team is developing Dawn of War II.

Additionally I would love to have a voice chat, but only if the word filter is active there too.
Imagine a little rage kid screaming at you and all insult words are replaced with computer generated words.

"Suck my -FLOWER- you -GARDEN- piece of -BUBBLEGUM-"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS