Login

russian armor

1 Month till February, changes within scope

4 Jan 2017, 17:51 PM

YES! The possibility is what hurts. I'd love to be able to multi-flank battle with single units. I'd also love to be able to get a shrek, even just 1 would be nice. Member shreks on volks? :)

I 'member :)

But apparently, handheld AT on mainline units is WRONG, so it's only available to USF, UKF and SOVs.

This is needed because German light vehicles, tanks and medium tanks are so powerful.
4 Jan 2017, 20:18 PM

- It make you invest 90 muni + a squad, and if someone spot your Engineer, near a vp, they will be more vigilant.

- You will not play the "plant and forget until some squad decide to visit the one shot kiss" in multiple locations, or you will loose map presence

- S mines have a sign, and demo require an engineer at least at "a balanced number here" meter to be detonable, seems fair.

PS: my main factions is soviet in 2v2 random, and i am rank 49, so i am not really an anti soviet fanboy, i just want a better game for everyone

The problem is how easily you can hide that engineer squad. Here are examples of VPs fuel and other interesting locations for demos and enginner hideouts.

Kholodny both.

South VP - hide behind house ruin
North VP - hide behind small cottage
Mid VP - hate behind church/house, depending on position

Langres:
Mid - hide behind bushes
Other 2 VPs - hide behind houses
East fuel- hide behind hedge

Semosky
Mid vp - hide behind church/one of 2 houses
East/West VP - hide behind house nearby
Hide behind hedge (south fuel) or behind house (north fuel)

Arnhem: hide behind church or houses near mid VP
Western fuel is hideable behind house

Do I have to continue ?

I´m not even taking into account commados, whitch cannnot be spotted and yet, still be nerby.

Also maps aren´t copypasta so on some sides it will be much easier to place demos than on the other ...

Idea is nice, but once you start thinking about it, you will find many places where to keep your enginners almost undectable

PS: I´m not saying this idea is bad, I actually really like this idea, but this change alone won´t change demos wiping potential at all, only soviet player will have to temporaly sacrifice enginner presence for squadwipe
4 Jan 2017, 20:24 PM

Sooooooooooo basically Axis is getting nothing but pure buffs, and that's still not good enough. Why not just give both Axis factions access to the V1 at 1 CP and call it a day? Would that be a balanced game for you?
4 Jan 2017, 21:21 PM

Sooooooooooo basically Axis is getting nothing but pure buffs, and that's still not good enough. Why not just give both Axis factions access to the V1 at 1 CP and call it a day? Would that be a balanced game for you?

This is borderline trolling and is not helpful to the discussion.

Back on topic. Engineers near a demo, even if it could be done, would be abused by sight blockers, but it would eliminate the demo wipe through FoW. The idea of forcing it to be built on structure makes more sense to me anyway, its not exactly easy to hide a hundred pounds of TNT in the middle of a road and maintains the feel of the game as fast paced individual decision points, instead of camping and waiting for units to approach.
5 Jan 2017, 09:50 AM
Patrion 14

Back on topic. Engineers near a demo, even if it could be done, would be abused by sight blockers, but it would eliminate the demo wipe through FoW. The idea of forcing it to be built on structure makes more sense to me anyway, its not exactly easy to hide a hundred pounds of TNT in the middle of a road and maintains the feel of the game as fast paced individual decision points, instead of camping and waiting for units to approach.

Why not get rid of demos and just give access to s-mine fields? They are better area denial and better deter blobbing and it's not like it would be historically inaccurate. All factions had probably something like it.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★