Login

russian armor

Best range for Volks with STG upgrade?

27 Dec 2016, 02:12 AM

27 Dec 2016, 10:52 AM

Normal volks are long range squad that perform best at long range in cover (no shiiit ;)). They use kar rifles. I think they are at same level as grens in terms of firepower while having 1 men better survability.

I think they get 2 STGs.

Each STG have bettter long range DPS than kar (by a bit), a lot better at mid and close range. So STG upgrade is always worth upgrade becuase it inceases your long range DPS by a bit and mid-short range DPS by a lot (still only in 2 STG level).

I recommend using them something like mid range squad that performs well at close - mid range against LMG squads and is best at long range against close range squads (shocks, commados) so they weaken charging squads.

Conclusion: There isn´t best range for STG volks overall, you have to adapt to enemy squads. Its always better to stay at long range than charging through red cover though. STG upgrade is always worth

Hope this helped you
1 Mar 2017, 07:55 AM

The best range for Volksgrens is always max range and halted in place.

The trick is to calculate whether, by the time the opponent's infantry unit reaches cover-ignoring range while running at your Volksgrens, the opposing infantry unit will have suffered sufficient damage or not, and if not, simply retreat.

The STGs make it more likely that the Volksgrens will, in fact, damage the enemy infantry squad rushing into mid or close range with them fast enough to force the enemy squad off.
1 Mar 2017, 08:20 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Normal volks are long range squad that perform best at long range in cover (no shiiit ;)). They use kar rifles. I think they are at same level as grens in terms of firepower while having 1 men better survability.

I think they get 2 STGs.

Each STG have bettter long range DPS than kar (by a bit), a lot better at mid and close range. So STG upgrade is always worth upgrade becuase it inceases your long range DPS by a bit and mid-short range DPS by a lot (still only in 2 STG level).

I recommend using them something like mid range squad that performs well at close - mid range against LMG squads and is best at long range against close range squads (shocks, commados) so they weaken charging squads.

Conclusion: There isn´t best range for STG volks overall, you have to adapt to enemy squads. Its always better to stay at long range than charging through red cover though. STG upgrade is always worth

Hope this helped you

Just a quick addon for Hector, I'd leave 1 squad unupgraded against USF because of the possiblity of weapon drops is much higher as USF gets weapon racks in 95% of all games. Volks with double bars are really nasty.
1 Mar 2017, 09:14 AM

I have found that when facing them in pairs of two they are the most effective. Most of the time I use my riflemen and infantry sections in pairs of two too, and I find that double stg volks can hold their own against them when played right. The biggest horror is when you face 4 vet 5 volk sqauds with stgs and two of them keep you busy whilst the other two come in from a flank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 85
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment