Login

russian armor

(4) Crossroad

22 Dec 2016, 03:04 AM
Patrion 14

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=608117527

I did not publish this map for like 2 years because I wanted to my usual publicity things: video, many pics what not. Obviously I forgot about this map for 2 years so I'm just publishing it now.

This is a remake of my old map "The Intersection". Monolithicbacon helped me to improve my earlier published maps. So I improved upon 2 of my 3 early maps, one of them is this and another is Hamlet in the automatch. An independent study cites that (4) Hamlet is all time favourite map of every human on Earth.

The forest section of the Intersection was changed particularly a lot to give more varied scenery.

22 Dec 2016, 08:19 AM
Senior Referee Badge

Looks good, hope to give it a try this weekend :D
22 Dec 2016, 10:12 AM

Permanently Banned
Rain, night, optimization need bless this map.
22 Dec 2016, 13:00 PM

Rain, night, optimization need bless this map.

This gonna be good :foreveralone:
22 Dec 2016, 13:11 PM

Indeed the maps available on Coh2 give the impression that there were only battles during the day. I think it's a waste because surely the light effect at night would be much better. I know there were already maps with snowfall, but I think if they kept the maps with snowfall effect but without having to stop the battle because of the cold would still be good, the reduced visibility factor would make the late game more dynamic. At least that's what I think. I also miss maps in the desert. I think even thematic maps would be nice, as for example, since it's Christmas, you could have maps where the war happened on a version of the map with Christmas decorations on the houses, trees and snowmen along the way, etc. Maybe I'm going too far with these ideas, but I think that would make the game more immersive from my point of view.

( Sorry for my bad english comunity )
22 Dec 2016, 14:26 PM

Nice, I'll give it a try as well really curious how the dusk to morning transition looks and how it impacts unit/map visibility.
But since there is already a map named crossroads in automatch, wouldn't it be better to rename the map assuming you're going to submit it to be placed in the automatch map pool?
Also, all the image links in the spoiler section seem to be broken.
22 Dec 2016, 15:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2016, 13:11 PMTom_BR

( Sorry for my bad english comunity )

Agreed! Bro, your English is good! Don't worry about that!!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★