Login

russian armor

Why the flamer HT is not addressed in WBP?

16 Dec 2016, 13:14 PM

If you are going on this way to balance the game, the better to delete all together.
16 Dec 2016, 13:22 PM

It requires 20 second(which is even worse than now) to wipe a garrisoned mg42 even keep firing on it, I cant imagime how ineffective if you just wait for the DOT to clear out the garrisoned unit.

2 burst in WPB will probably leave the hmg with very little HP less than in live. Not sure what the problem is given the difference in cost and tec cost 251 should perform better than wasp.

Keep in mind that structure size is also a factor on how fast garrisoned units will die under flame attack. (in my test the wasp killed the HMG in 17 secs in WPB and 14 in live)

Being able to get out of the garrison does not mean that an hmg will also be safe anyway...
16 Dec 2016, 14:01 PM

We are talking about balace, right?
Why do they nerf M20,M15 AA,M5 Quad, Luch and T70 in WBP while you can just keep your distance or build an ATG to prevent them from wiping your squad or counter them?

I would like to quote the reasons in WBP to nerf these unit.

M17 Quad:
"We wanted to tone down the performance of the Quad to be in-line with Light Tanks and other suppression platforms. In order to make infantry counters to this unit viable, the M17 can no longer suppress enemy squads on the move."from WBP

Just keep your distance man?

T70:
"We feel that the T-70’s high damage and AOE allowed it to wipe infantry too effectively, particularly if they are clumped in cover."from WBP

Just keep your distance man again?

The flamer HT's high damage and DOT also allowed it to wipe infantry too effectively particular if they are clumped in buildings and covers. lollll

The patch is too stupid, nothing to say more.

well said
16 Dec 2016, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2016, 08:16 AMEsxile

Which is a lie. You only have a chance to react if
a) Your hmg if above 75% of health.
b) your camera is actually screening the action. You could be managing anything else around for a couple of seconds making any action to save your squad too late.

Not paying attention can be used for every unit, for example: I didnot see this T70 coming so I couldnt react fast enough to save my AT Gun from circling it to death.

Or I wasn't paying attention and I couldnt see this Centaur approaching my HMG42

You could make plenty examples like that.
16 Dec 2016, 15:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2016, 13:22 PMVipper

2 burst in WPB will probably leave the hmg with very little HP less than in live. Not sure what the problem is given the difference in cost and tec cost 251 should perform better than wasp.

Keep in mind that structure size is also a factor on how fast garrisoned units will die under flame attack. (in my test the wasp killed the HMG in 17 secs in WPB and 14 in live)

Being able to get out of the garrison does not mean that an hmg will also be safe anyway...

First of all, thanks for proofing that its a nerf of WASP's anti garrisoned ability in WBP. A big slap on Mr. Smith mouth. Back to the topic, after reading the reasons that the dev. decided to nerf the light vehicle, I can conclude that the patch simply wants to tone down the performance of light vehicle in order to decrease the lethality of them and allow players not to lose too much if not well prepared and have more time to react the sudden attack from them. Therefore eliminate squad wiping in a very short period of time of light vehicle is the aim of this patch. I think the dev. just forget to tone down the 251 FHT as they still remember to further nerf WASP's anti-garrisoned ability.
16 Dec 2016, 15:14 PM

...just forget to tone down the 251 FHT as they still remember to further nerf WASP's anti-garrisoned ability.

I wouldn't mind toning down the FHT alpha damage actually but I think they will normalize all vehicle flamer at some point...

I would rather DOT lasted longer and units fired slower giving more reaction time to players...
16 Dec 2016, 15:15 PM

Not paying attention can be used for every unit, for example: I didnot see this T70 coming so I couldnt react fast enough to save my AT Gun from circling it to death.

Or I wasn't paying attention and I couldnt see this Centaur approaching my HMG42

ATG is a bad example as it can't retreat. In fact, even you are not paying attention once you get hitted, you can still retreat rather safely from the light vehicle in WBP.
16 Dec 2016, 16:19 PM

First of all, thanks for proofing that its a nerf of WASP's anti garrisoned ability in WBP.

Not sure if that was the result of my test. The hmg might have died 3 sec earlier but the damage done by 2 burst in WBP was more than the ones in live...

Once more FHT could see some dmg reduction although it could have the angle of fire increased a bit so that both weapon can fire on the same target when it facing that target.
16 Dec 2016, 17:25 PM

Since the t70 is getting nerfed so should be the 251ft...
16 Dec 2016, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2016, 17:25 PMEsxile

Since the t70 is getting nerfed so should be the 251ft...

T70 is antieverything. FHT is only AI, almost no armor, etc etc
16 Dec 2016, 17:43 PM

I have tested, it's a nerf. Before the WBP, the WASP consumes about 16 seconds to completely wipe out a garrisoned MG42. However in the WBP, it consumes 20 seconds which already is the beginning of the third burst to wipe out a garrisoned MG42.

As a reference, FHT can wipe out a garrisoned MG42 within 10 second. Only 1HP is left on the MG team after the first burst.

Just... play the mod and come back to tell me with a straight face that UC's anti-garrison ability has not been nerfed.

20 secs vs 10 secs? i think we should nerf WASP if we take into account the cost difference and time of arrival of these units.
16 Dec 2016, 22:35 PM

flame half track gains waay to damn much experience with its damage plus dot. on top of that..Soviet waits forever to get a huge flame tank and flame half track is better and killing and chasing and the get it super early. kv8 should be ultimate compared to flame ht. doctrine plus way more expensive. plus it's slower with one engaging turret..
17 Dec 2016, 08:07 AM

T70 is antieverything. FHT is only AI, almost no armor, etc etc

Sounds like Penal no? And Penals are getting also nerfed...

Why is it so difficult to admit 251FT should be part of the patch change? I'm not calling for a straight nerf, give it more armor vs small arm fire and reduce its damage.
17 Dec 2016, 09:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2016, 08:07 AMEsxile

Sounds like Penal no? And Penals are getting also nerfed...

Why is it so difficult to admit 251FT should be part of the patch change? I'm not calling for a straight nerf, give it more armor vs small arm fire and reduce its damage.

Penals has nothing to FHT.

Completly different situation.
17 Dec 2016, 10:03 AM

Permanently Banned
Nerfing most of its counterpart and ally light vehicle to a nearly useless state but keep this squad wiper machine remain its lethality?What kind of balance is that?

Miragefla has no problem beating it so he won't nerf it ofc.
17 Dec 2016, 15:45 PM

Miragefla has no problem beating it so he won't nerf it ofc.

But he has problem with WASP and M20 lolllll
17 Dec 2016, 15:58 PM

Can we stop questioning the motive of the people behind the patch and actively try to help them improve the game?
17 Dec 2016, 16:17 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2016, 15:58 PMVipper
Can we stop questioning the motive of the people behind the patch and actively try to help them improve the game?

Do they listen?

(hint: no.)
19 Dec 2016, 10:34 AM

Do they listen?

Did you even installed the winter balance patch mod ?

Are you whining like a kid ?

(hint: yes.)

Are you post constructive ?

Do you diserved to be listened ?

24 Dec 2016, 21:35 PM

The only faction that potentially has problems with FHT is Brits. Due to no Infantry AT snare, so it just drives in an does damage then YOLO's away it's even worse when it gets vet 3 as it takes a lot more damage. FHT is no problem for Soviet or USF though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★