Login

russian armor

Metascore User Score 1.7 Ouch!

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
26 Jul 2013, 04:32 AM

I'm tired of this shitstorm in RU-net. That guy (BadComedian) promised to make a video review for foreigners too btw.

I can understand why they're bitching - image of Soviet Union in the game is too one-sided, all so-called heroism is covered by tons of nonsense. Many of people say that Hitler=Stalin, Nazi Germany=Communist Russia but COH1 got a great German campaign without any rubbish - why Russians don't deserve the same? I don't know.
26 Jul 2013, 04:32 AM

Oh, BTW, allied strategic bombing sometimes has civilian concentrated area, and million civilians were killed by allied bombing, and extra 50K Japanese civilians were killed by US bombing. did vCOH mentioned that as well?

Direct insulting entire Russian community and never say a word about their effort to help fighting the Nazism, they've sacrifice 20 million soldiers in the great patriot war, how many did US suffered?

If you want to make company of heroes, then you make company of heroes, not company of SOVIET war crime.
26 Jul 2013, 04:44 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 03:41 AMDmeets
The truth is, they really fucked up with the campaign by managing to offend every Russian player to cater to the western image of the war. The war crimes in reality are minimalistic in comparison to the heroism of the soviets soldiers fighting for their country in the war. And the metascore reflects that

because you were there, oh wait... also every russian player did you count up the sales and the complaints by Russians and they were the same.

bbl to when i play campaign and i can actually judge for my self.
26 Jul 2013, 04:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 04:44 AMWiFiDi

because you were there, oh wait...

Hi there. Were you?
26 Jul 2013, 05:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 04:51 AMDmeets

Hi there. Were you?

what im saying is that whether it didn't happen or it did you can't just say that wihout evidence as if you were there and saw it with your own to eyes.
26 Jul 2013, 05:07 AM

We got DLC's to fix this shit up. Give em' soviets some heroism.
26 Jul 2013, 05:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 04:32 AMrejfor

Many of people say that Hitler=Stalin, Nazi Germany=Communist Russia but COH1 got a great German campaign without any rubbish - why Russians don't deserve the same? I don't know.

I've seen a lot of people saying that the Germans got a good campaign in vCoH and the Russians got negative one now and that this was unfair of Relic. I see their point, but if you look at CoH2 compared to vCoH, CoH2 is a lot darker in general. I think they are trying to show how horrible war is as opposed to glorifying it this time round. If they do a German campaign in an expansion, I have no doubt it will also be pretty dark.
26 Jul 2013, 06:04 AM

I've seen a lot of people saying that the Germans got a good campaign in vCoH and the Russians got negative one now and that this was unfair of Relic. I see their point, but if you look at CoH2 compared to vCoH, CoH2 is a lot darker in general. I think they are trying to show how horrible war is as opposed to glorifying it this time round. If they do a German campaign in an expansion, I have no doubt it will also be pretty dark.

Russian campaign would be a lot better if they don't use rubbish stereotypes about Red Army. Real history was even more dark (and without "2 guys 1 rifle" nonsense).

Once again - it's too one-sided, you really think that ALL soviet soldiers fought only because of fear to be killed by commissars? Not ALL, you say? So why Relic shows ONLY cowardness, sadism, war crimes, silliness? No place for good common sense?

I can't remember any positive image in campaign (while Churkin is sadist, Isakovich is moaner). All Red Army do in cutscenes - killing their own civilians, allies, soviet soldiers.

It was very sad to play single player. I know that Russia is not Relic's main market - these tons of absurdity in SP just would be supposed to show to Western players who really don't care.
26 Jul 2013, 06:38 AM

The war was absolutely horrible - there is no denying that.

Relic decided to focus on a war contained in the Soviet army - instead of focusing on the brutality of the main conflict - which was fighting the Germans who were invading the Soviet Union. It's extremely hard to understand that decision and there is no defending that.

This is just adding to the inaccurate portrayal such as in movies like Enemy at the Gates - another thing to add to the already twisted view of the Eastern Front in western minds.
Completely atrocious decision by Relic - can only hope for a DLC to redeem the franchise.
26 Jul 2013, 06:43 AM

Bloody pig-dog nationalists take everything seriously- its a fucking story, don't take it seriously, you're not getting hurt, its not affecting you in anyway, you're just turning people off the game for no reason.

Seriously. God dammit, i mean sure its an number that means nothing unless you give it power but often i decide how i buy my games from meta-critic, and when stuff like this happens its not good for anyone.
26 Jul 2013, 06:50 AM
Patrion 26

http://carambatv.ru/movie/bad-comedian/company-of-heroes-2/

254,012 views. It would be nice if somebody made an English translation. But it's 25m long.

In Soviet Russia you don`t translate videos, they translate you.
But srsly to sum it up what he basically says is that, the way Relic put US soldiers in vCoH in nothing compared to the Soviets. The US army bravely fought to save foreign countries while the Soviets were afraid to fight for their homes and families on their own land. He also criticizes how in the 1st mission Soviets burn their own civilians in houses and their own soldiers on the field. He points out that the way Relic have put the Soviets seems like the Soviets are not willing to fight for their country and the only thing that pushes them into the fight is the order 227. Also he states that it is funny how Relic puts General Cold as the savior of the Soviet Union and completely ignore the bravery of the Red Army.

There are quite a lot of other stuff that he says. I could translate but I would need some help on re-writing the actual text he used in the video.
26 Jul 2013, 06:51 AM
Patrion 26

Bloody pig-dog nationalists

I thought we said no name-callings on the forum? Admins? If you don`t mind point it out
26 Jul 2013, 06:55 AM

I thought we said no name-callings on the forum? Admins? If you don`t mind point it out

if a guy is an arsehat he is an arsehat, its a bloody game; and they're just making this stupid bloody smear campaign based on a story in a STRATEGY GAME, which isn't about the story at all but about the gameplay! i'm sorry but these guys are deserving of the 'name-calling' because they're just being mindless drones!
26 Jul 2013, 07:00 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 04:32 AMUGBEAR
Oh, BTW, allied strategic bombing sometimes has civilian concentrated area, and million civilians were killed by allied bombing, and extra 50K Japanese civilians were killed by US bombing. did vCOH mentioned that as well?

Direct insulting entire Russian community and never say a word about their effort to help fighting the Nazism, they've sacrifice 20 million soldiers in the great patriot war, how many did US suffered?

If you want to make company of heroes, then you make company of heroes, not company of SOVIET war crime.

If you watch the trailer it clearly states "THE FORGOTEN SACRIFICE OF THE EASTERN FRONT".
I agree that the campaign is somewhat unfair to the Soviets, but if you actually learn to focus on details you will see that there is some heroism in some of the cutscenes. But the human species learned only to focus on the negative side and criticize it.
26 Jul 2013, 07:03 AM

A lot of people seem to be arguing that this is just a game so it should be excused...

Well I don't understand how you can rationalize something as trivial as a PC game make absolute mockery of 20-27 million people that gave their lives so that ignorant bafoons like some people on these forums wouldn't have to speak German right now....

I love the gameplay/multiplayer component of this game, but Relic included this abomination of singleplayer focused on one of the most tragic/important historic time of mankind.
26 Jul 2013, 07:06 AM
Patrion 26

if a guy is an arsehat he is an arsehat, its a bloody game; and they're just making this stupid bloody smear campaign based on a story in a STRATEGY GAME, which isn't about the story at all but about the gameplay! i'm sorry but these guys are deserving of the 'name-calling' because they're just being mindless drones!

Soviet people are patriots and the sacrifice of their grand parents and grand grand parents is a very delicate matter with which noone should mess around. Imagine if someone would come up to you and tell you that he served with your grandfather on the Front and points out that your grandfather was a pussy that was sitting in the trenches while his friends and allies died for their country. Wouldn`t you be infuriated? I don`t try to offend you or anything else, but merely point out why the Russians are so pissed off about the Campaign. Please do not take it serioulsy, I just tried to make an example.
26 Jul 2013, 07:09 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 07:03 AMSukha
A lot of people seem to be arguing that this is just a game so it should be excused...

Well I don't understand how you can rationalize something as trivial as a PC game make absolute mockery of 20-27 million people that gave their lives so that ignorant bafoons like some people on these forums wouldn't have to speak German right now....

I love the gameplay/multiplayer component of this game, but Relic included this abomination of singleplayer focused on one of the most tragic/important historic time of mankind.

The sacrifice of the soldiers who fought this war is slowly dying with each new generation.
I remember when they asked a US veteran what he thinks. And he actually cried saying that his friends and other soldiers from the allied army died for nothing. We should all remember that they sacrificed their lives so we could have peace.
26 Jul 2013, 07:10 AM

PLEASE, tone down yourself.

I really dont want this forum to become a second Companyofheroes.forum thats nothing more than people calling each other Nazi and stuff.
26 Jul 2013, 07:16 AM

Bloody pig-dog nationalists take everything seriously- its a fucking story, don't take it seriously, you're not getting hurt, its not affecting you in anyway, you're just turning people off the game for no reason.

Seriously. God dammit, i mean sure its an number that means nothing unless you give it power but often i decide how i buy my games from meta-critic, and when stuff like this happens its not good for anyone.

Sure, it's just a fucking story, however, it attempts (not purposefully) to twist the reality of things. This is now the image that thousands of teenage minds will be getting and associating the soviet history with. It's like asking someone nowadays what they know about the battle of Stalingrad - "uhh they didn't have a rifle for everyone" where did they get that from? Enemy at the Gates, or Call of Duty (which had a mission in turn based on the movie)
26 Jul 2013, 07:37 AM

User metacritic score is irrelevant.

If people feel offended by the story they should a voice it correctly and not trash a whole game.

The course of action they have taken is only going to make things worse and not change anyone's perspective on the Russian campaign in WW2.

Was Relic aiming to make a factually accurate campaign, I don't know. Was this the writers vision for the story, should we have to alter some ones creative vision if it is not meant to be based on facts.

These are questions that arise time and time again.
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS