Login

russian armor

Metascore User Score 1.7 Ouch!

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
26 Jul 2013, 01:19 AM

I am going to guess 1.7 score from users is pretty low.

Company of Heroes 2

I would have given at least a 4 or 5 out of 10.

155 Positive vs 725 negative ---- even if 50% of those negative reviews are spam...would still leave a pretty overwhelming negative user response.

Seems the players have responded....Is this low of a score justified.
26 Jul 2013, 01:23 AM

NO, its just spam. I wouldn't listen to it.
26 Jul 2013, 01:23 AM

26 Jul 2013, 01:27 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

You guys haven't heard? A Russian dude made a video critiquing the COH2 campaign that went viral in Russia. So a mob of Russian internet warriors invaded metacritic to trash the score.
26 Jul 2013, 01:30 AM

Where is the video?
26 Jul 2013, 01:31 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

http://carambatv.ru/movie/bad-comedian/company-of-heroes-2/

254,012 views. It would be nice if somebody made an English translation. But it's 25m long.
26 Jul 2013, 01:31 AM

LOOOOOOOOOL
26 Jul 2013, 01:36 AM

I can try, but my Russian sucks.........
Normally my friend would help me, but the army conscripted him <.<
26 Jul 2013, 02:19 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I can try, but my Russian sucks.........
Normally my friend would help me, but the army conscripted him <.<

Tell him not to retreat.

Too soon?
26 Jul 2013, 02:22 AM

You can't expect to take metacritic any serious for quite a long time now. Espicially if it's from the user reviews. I'd rather look for independant and serious review/journalist people that exists on youtube.

Users will tunnelvision everything, disregarding even the positives for the affectionate hatred for something, making the scoring an honest clusterfuck.

Despite all that, I doubt the majority played the campaign, or even understood anything out of it. Much like the occasional threads that pop up, that actually criticises the portrayal of the soviets in the campaign, and merely smears it as a "western propoganda", I guess the design and underlying narrative was abit to complex for the narrow-minded people, and of course, the impatience with reaching towards the final parts of the game was too much.

Why wasn't the message more straight-forward? Because it's character progression intevened with the storytelling. ** Spoiler Alert **

The Commissar tells flat-out that he hasn't actually even read the book, and that he didn't quite understand what the message behind the book was, he thought it was to showcase the cruel acts that some of the soviets commited towards World War 2, and showing it to the world. Not the comraderie and heroism by the soldiers that fought it. AS shown by several cutscenes in the game, you can see the blur between "Good" // "Evil". I can honestly ramble about this all day, but the criticsm is just so god damn mindboggling stupid and narrow-minded that it makes my head explode by the sheer idiocy.

TL;DR version -
Metacritic is a pile of junk, ignore the user views.
26 Jul 2013, 02:26 AM

Regardless of how you look, I think what Relic are stuck with in COH2 for now is the same old audience that they had in COH1.

Which means, they haven't made any new ground in that game at all :(

I have no idea why Relic aimed at the Singleplayer - games do not grow on Singleplayer, they grow on Multiplayer.
26 Jul 2013, 02:35 AM

I only played the first 3 campaign missions, and was skeptical about the metascore - I thought people were being too rough on the storyline and taking it too far

after watching that video however, I'm really tempted to register on that website just to give coh2 another 0
26 Jul 2013, 02:37 AM

I can't believe that, despite all of the hype, the game only has a breath of life (or even less) than COH1.

I think relic really did need more than 3 months to fix this game... there are just too many frustrations with the game atm with it not being as solid a product as we would have hoped.

Here's to hoping there'd be more life in it in a year or so.
26 Jul 2013, 02:40 AM

The guy saved his commander executed...... the only heroism in the game and was killed by the evil red....
26 Jul 2013, 02:48 AM

26 Jul 2013, 02:58 AM

Surprising. It's an awesome game and a lot of the community are trolls. I bet all those negative reviewers are still playing the game right now.
26 Jul 2013, 03:07 AM

Surprising. It's an awesome game and a lot of the community are trolls. I bet all those negative reviewers are still playing the game right now.

What community?

Forum is mostly consistent of old COH1 clans and whiners....
26 Jul 2013, 03:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 02:40 AMUGBEAR
The guy saved his commander executed...... the only heroism in the game and was killed by the evil red....

Did you know that directly disobeying a superior officer's orders can get you a court martial extremely easy in any military in the world? There is documentation of "decimation" in some armies during big conflicts. The scene exaggerates this, but it is meant as a plot device to carry the story.

Watch Letters from Iwo Jima, by Clint Eastwood. In it, American soldiers are depicted killing POW's. You also have the infamous Dachau killings, when the concentration camp was liberated.

Publishers don't really care about "User Scores", they base their standards on the Critics Scores. Why? Because of things like this. A spambot or 4chan bandwagon could have pulled this off just as easily as the video did.

The casual customer is much, much more likely to go to popular review sites (gamespot, IGN, EGM, Edge, etc) than going into metacritic, then user scores.
26 Jul 2013, 03:31 AM

lulz

National pride? I see now they just gave it red score to show how much they love Russia. Degenerates...
26 Jul 2013, 03:41 AM

The truth is, they really fucked up with the campaign by managing to offend every Russian player to cater to the western image of the war. The war crimes in reality are minimalistic in comparison to the heroism of the soviets soldiers fighting for their country in the war. And the metascore reflects that
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS