10 Dec 2016, 15:24 PM

+1

I don't think he meant you lol
10 Dec 2016, 15:41 PM

Permanently Banned

I don't think he meant you lol

I know it :romeoHype:
10 Dec 2016, 16:47 PM

every year there is a new group of coh2 players that fall for there tricks. if you notice everyone who previously worked with helping relic making mods and balance the game etc. all dont want anything to do with the game anymore. simply because the cycle gets repeated every year.

so have no fear next year there will be a new generation of moders doing all the work for them.
11 Dec 2016, 00:59 AM
Patrion 27

Shadowwada hit the nail on the head. This Relic blogpost is just pandering infograph hogwash.
11 Dec 2016, 01:35 AM

Translation: We love our community doing everything for us. They create our balance patches, create us maps & skins, and playing in our warpaint tournies, which are just commercials to sell skins(which we didnt even make). We continue to make money while doing the bare minimum. We <444>3 CoH2.

Also was ESL & warpaint major accomplishments? Nothing really came after ESL. Majority of players & streamers left after ESL and only came back for warpaint (I know because, despite not playing for over a month, a lot of them were still high on the leaderboards #DemBoards). We lost our main balance designer and the balance team but they weren't replaced. The warpaint opening rounds had close to ESL viewership but the finals dropped about 300-500 viewers. There was little point to the physical finals. The penultimate interviews weren't even full screen. Thankfully they got a real webcam for the finals but the audio quality was bad. Ultimately, nothing came from Warpaint.

However Relic is fine with their performance because Warpaint was a commercial to sell skins. The tournament was a way to incentivize the community to buy skins so when the actual tournament started, we saw a lack of Relic support because the tournament served its purpose. There was no real hype. All Kyle did was post a facebook post & a tweet, which weren't promoted (you could get away with not promoting a tweet but a facebook post from a page needs to be promoted due to how the algorithms work; though you would want to promote the shit out the tourny so its a fail to have no ad campaign) Kyle even went on vacation after warpaint started #DatSupport.

At the end of the day, Relic can say all these things to impress their peers & maintain Relic's prestige. However, the truth is far different. No one knows what coh2 is, except for people who remember the original, and it has zero relevance to the esports ecosystem. It is much easier to do the bare minimum so you can say "ESL & Warpaint were a success & We still support our competitive scene" rather than actually making the tournies a success or actually supporting the competitive scene. Relic lacks the tenacity to "hunt with the big dogs & pee in the tall grass" so they stay in their comfort zone. In the comfort zone, they'll continue to make a good ROI from CoH2 and can pad their resume but the trappings of success aren't success. The truth is CoH2 is a failure and Relic doesn't care because they're continuing to make money for the bare minimum of effort.

lot of thing are true here :snfBarton:

the major problem of Relic is that they don't make good competetive games, and it's not promoted as much as other competetive games instead, they prefer game for "fun" but i ask, where's fun in imbalanced game?, relic always liked the easiest way, release half made game into tons of patches, then some expansions that evolves in even bigger imbalance and more patches, some DLCs like skins and at the end relic works on other game and abandons the previous ones, that has always been with relic, they just can't make one good stable game and promote it as it should be
11 Dec 2016, 02:13 AM

Some positive news on more future support, aaanndddddd, everybody is whining again. To be honest, most of the community, me included, don't deserve their support considering our constant salty whining.

This is also relic's fault tbh; They failed to attract a "good" playerbase and most of the good people, we had, all left.

Personally, I wanted to keep supporting CoH2 but after warpaint, I saw zero reason to. With Naggano's disqualification, I thought they had some grand plan for their in-person finals but the stream before the finals wasn't even full screen! I'm not asking for LCS quality production value but they couldn't even get a full screen webcam. The day of the finals was better, which isn't saying much, but they didn't do anything to warrant an in-person final. Relic doesn't care about their esports scene so I knew that anything I did wouldn't amount to any meaningful progress
11 Dec 2016, 09:56 AM
Senior Referee Badge

One troll post invised :)
11 Dec 2016, 16:29 PM

lot of thing are true here :snfBarton:

the major problem of Relic is that they don't make good competetive games, and it's not promoted as much as other competetive games instead, they prefer game for "fun" but i ask, where's fun in imbalanced game?, relic always liked the easiest way, release half made game into tons of patches, then some expansions that evolves in even bigger imbalance and more patches, some DLCs like skins and at the end relic works on other game and abandons the previous ones, that has always been with relic, they just can't make one good stable game and promote it as it should be

Yep. COH1 took years to balance and they had few commanders with few abilities. This team unfortunately made things harder for themselves. Too many commanders, factions and abilities have left us a game that APPEARS cannot be balanced. All they had to do for coh2 was keep it similar to coh1 with better graphics.
11 Dec 2016, 16:41 PM
Patrion 14

People bitch and moan about how the coh2 commanders killed the game, but to be honest, I think that the frequent patching and the DLC commanders are what saved this game and gave it such a long life. The commanders gave relic incentive to keep working on the game, and they also gave a lot of players new fun tools to play with.

If it wasn't for the frequent patches caused by commander imbalance etc., I honestly don't think I would have stuck with the game as long as I did. I think if we ever see a coh3, the commander system should stay, BUT, commanders should be far more fleshed out that we even had in coh1.

Lets not forget, relic is a company that needs money as incentive to work.
12 Dec 2016, 22:58 PM

No custom models, sound, etc. No new cool stuff. This is very disappointing. I hope after failure of DoW3 they will return to CoH2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★