Login

russian armor

CoH2 - The Road Ahead

10 Dec 2016, 01:48 AM

Translation: We love our community doing everything for us. They create our balance patches, create us maps & skins, and playing in our warpaint tournies, which are just commercials to sell skins(which we didnt even make). We continue to make money while doing the bare minimum. We <444>3 CoH2.

Also was ESL & warpaint major accomplishments? Nothing really came after ESL. Majority of players & streamers left after ESL and only came back for warpaint (I know because, despite not playing for over a month, a lot of them were still high on the leaderboards #DemBoards). We lost our main balance designer and the balance team but they weren't replaced. The warpaint opening rounds had close to ESL viewership but the finals dropped about 300-500 viewers. There was little point to the physical finals. The penultimate interviews weren't even full screen. Thankfully they got a real webcam for the finals but the audio quality was bad. Ultimately, nothing came from Warpaint.

However Relic is fine with their performance because Warpaint was a commercial to sell skins. The tournament was a way to incentivize the community to buy skins so when the actual tournament started, we saw a lack of Relic support because the tournament served its purpose. There was no real hype. All Kyle did was post a facebook post & a tweet, which weren't promoted (you could get away with not promoting a tweet but a facebook post from a page needs to be promoted due to how the algorithms work; though you would want to promote the shit out the tourny so its a fail to have no ad campaign) Kyle even went on vacation after warpaint started #DatSupport.

At the end of the day, Relic can say all these things to impress their peers & maintain Relic's prestige. However, the truth is far different. No one knows what coh2 is, except for people who remember the original, and it has zero relevance to the esports ecosystem. It is much easier to do the bare minimum so you can say "ESL & Warpaint were a success & We still support our competitive scene" rather than actually making the tournies a success or actually supporting the competitive scene. Relic lacks the tenacity to "hunt with the big dogs & pee in the tall grass" so they stay in their comfort zone. In the comfort zone, they'll continue to make a good ROI from CoH2 and can pad their resume but the trappings of success aren't success. The truth is CoH2 is a failure and Relic doesn't care because they're continuing to make money for the bare minimum of effort.
10 Dec 2016, 02:43 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

"2015/2016 Roadmap"

REEEEELLLIIIICCCCCC
10 Dec 2016, 04:53 AM

that is good news, but would be complete with 3th axis faction and axis campaign. :(
10 Dec 2016, 08:26 AM

No mention of modding tools being upgraded or new content such as commanders or another Army? Fuck me could have at least TRIED their hand at optimizing the game a little bit more.

I mean am I really asking for too much here?

That or the sneaky bastards pull one on us on the final year (that being 2017/2018?) and actually bring these things in and complete their "5 year plan" for the game and start making one for DoW III.

But yeah, at that point I don't know why would anyone bother to play the game, I mean DoW III will be out, there is a major lack of people right now anyhow.
10 Dec 2016, 08:33 AM

Translation: We love our community doing everything for us. They create our balance patches, create us maps & skins, and playing in our warpaint tournies, which are just commercials to sell skins(which we didnt even make). We continue to make money while doing the bare minimum. We <444>3 CoH2.

Also was ESL & warpaint major accomplishments? Nothing really came after ESL. Majority of players & streamers left after ESL and only came back for warpaint (I know because, despite not playing for over a month, a lot of them were still high on the leaderboards #DemBoards). We lost our main balance designer and the balance team but they weren't replaced. The warpaint opening rounds had close to ESL viewership but the finals dropped about 300-500 viewers. There was little point to the physical finals. The penultimate interviews weren't even full screen. Thankfully they got a real webcam for the finals but the audio quality was bad. Ultimately, nothing came from Warpaint.

However Relic is fine with their performance because Warpaint was a commercial to sell skins. The tournament was a way to incentivize the community to buy skins so when the actual tournament started, we saw a lack of Relic support because the tournament served its purpose. There was no real hype. All Kyle did was post a facebook post & a tweet, which weren't promoted (you could get away with not promoting a tweet but a facebook post from a page needs to be promoted due to how the algorithms work; though you would want to promote the shit out the tourny so its a fail to have no ad campaign) Kyle even went on vacation after warpaint started #DatSupport.

At the end of the day, Relic can say all these things to impress their peers & maintain Relic's prestige. However, the truth is far different. No one knows what coh2 is, except for people who remember the original, and it has zero relevance to the esports ecosystem. It is much easier to do the bare minimum so you can say "ESL & Warpaint were a success & We still support our competitive scene" rather than actually making the tournies a success or actually supporting the competitive scene. Relic lacks the tenacity to "hunt with the big dogs & pee in the tall grass" so they stay in their comfort zone. In the comfort zone, they'll continue to make a good ROI from CoH2 and can pad their resume but the trappings of success aren't success. The truth is CoH2 is a failure and Relic doesn't care because they're continuing to make money for the bare minimum of effort.

Ok I'm sorry for calling you a wuss because of the Barton thing but damn, you put the nail in the coffin here, I can't agree with you more.

Damn savage if you ask me even, I'm also vocally expressing my opinion on their facebook pages but I don't think they would give a fuck anymore, like you said they're doing the bare minimum and still getting money, that's when you know that their dumb consumers are the problem and not them, well they are the problem but their customers are allowing it, is what I meant.

Perhaps if the community was a bit more vocal about it, not just on the forums or on their facebook posts but on YouTube as well, perhaps even twitch?

I'm just worried about DoW III is all, they'll just continue on their merry way if things continue like they are right now, doing the bare minimum and nobody bothering them for more and we really haven't gotten a good Warhammer 40,000 game in a while now, or at least in RTS form. Eternal Crusade, Regicide and Space Hulk: Deathwing being semi-successful but still nothing like what the first DoW and Space Marine games from the old Relic were.
10 Dec 2016, 08:54 AM

what good is the feedback when most of the forums are filled with allied fanboys which made the game worse in first place
10 Dec 2016, 09:26 AM

Nailed it. I can't believe people still fall for relics tricks and bullshit fancy road maps with nice colours and images like it was designed for children. Theres not really much reason to show faith in relic anymore after the lies the produced with their previous road maps.
10 Dec 2016, 10:32 AM
Patrion 14

Perhaps if the community was a bit more vocal about it, not just on the forums or on their facebook posts but on YouTube as well, perhaps even twitch?

I'm pretty sure that sending death treats to CM's along with pictures of their kids is vocal enough ^^
10 Dec 2016, 11:11 AM

I'm pretty sure that sending death treats to CM's along with pictures of their kids is vocal enough ^^

Wow what the fuck, I didn't say that.

That's just crossing the line.
10 Dec 2016, 11:27 AM

Some positive news on more future support, aaanndddddd, everybody is whining again. To be honest, most of the community, me included, don't deserve their support considering our constant salty whining.
10 Dec 2016, 11:41 AM

Permanently Banned
Some positive news on more future support, aaanndddddd, everybody is whining again. To be honest, most of the community, me included, don't deserve their support considering our constant salty whining.

???

Either don't give a fuck about the game or give a fuck but actually care about it. Relic is just doing half assed work now. Just look at it:

No tournament < > Good tournament. What do we get? Garbage tier warpaint tournament WutFace

Change meta/balance stuff, bring new maps < > Do nothing and publicly mention Relic is moving forward (DoW3 etc.). What do we get? three randoms that can't balance for shit (as mentioned before, GGhewhomustnotbenamed and the other one have combined +- 100 games of brits and both alone have over 200 games with either OST or USF, ehm okay ??). Also, according to Tric, they chose the biggest tumor maps to include in the new map rotation instead of more balanced, less cancer maps.

Give modding tools so that the community can keep this game alive < > let game die and look back at some fun years. What do we get? Some tools and a patch that is made by several incapable persons (see previous point).

Honestly, make that patch a balance MOD and not a patch that you are required to install to play the game, i understand some people want to play with this balance patch but i want nothing to do with any balance changes made by either miragefla or that other random. I'd rather play the game in its cancer form that it is in now than what those two got brewing.
10 Dec 2016, 11:49 AM

???

Either don't give a fuck about the game or give a fuck but actually care about it. Relic is just doing half assed work now. Just look at it:

No tournament < > Good tournament. What do we get? Garbage tier warpaint tournament WutFace

Change meta/balance stuff, bring new maps < > Do nothing and publicly mention Relic is moving forward (DoW3 etc.). What do we get? three randoms that can't balance for shit (as mentioned before, GGhewhomustnotbenamed and the other one have combined +- 100 games of brits and both alone have over 200 games with either OST or USF, ehm okay ??). Also, according to Tric, they chose the biggest tumor maps to include in the new map rotation instead of more balanced, less cancer maps.

Give modding tools so that the community can keep this game alive < > let game die and look back at some fun years. What do we get? Some tools and a patch that is made by several incapable persons (see previous point).

Honestly, make that patch a balance MOD and not a patch that you are required to install to play the game, i understand some people want to play with this balance patch but i want nothing to do with any balance changes made by either miragefla or that other random. I'd rather play the game in its cancer form that it is in now than what those two got brewing.

You perfectly proved my point. Thank you!
10 Dec 2016, 11:59 AM

Permanently Banned
?? You complain about people whining but they have solid reasons to do so.
10 Dec 2016, 12:00 PM
Donator 11

???

Now, lets not only take into consideration modders who develop the changes, but also all the other community members that discuss them and are listened to. Does it look better then? Of course it does. It is true that the three of them are incapable of creating ballance all by themselves. That's exactly why some of us help them instead of letting it stay broken.
10 Dec 2016, 12:21 PM

Thats completely false. First of all many community members have maintained faith in the game for quite a while despite relic's incompetence. But its gotten to the point where people aren't buying the bs anymore and not caring about the game - which is fair enough. Also suggesting that relic efficiently or even dedicate an adequate amount of people to support the game is laughable. From what I am seeing lately is that community members are doing their best to keep the game afloat, not relic. People have been 'whining' for a long time because thats how long people have been fed up with relics lack of support for the game.
10 Dec 2016, 12:24 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2016, 12:21 PMCrumbum

Thats completely false. First of all many community members have maintained faith in the game for quite a while despite relic's incompetence. But its gotten to the point where people aren't buying the bs anymore and not caring about the game - which is fair enough. Also suggesting that relic efficiently or even dedicate an adequate amount of people to support the game is laughable. From what I am seeing lately is that community members are doing their best to keep the game afloat, not relic. People have been 'whining' for a long time because thats how long people have been fed up with relics lack of support for the game.

+1
10 Dec 2016, 13:02 PM

Gentlemen, friends, colleagues, and esteemed forums goers,

I present to you the real, unfiltered, and unadulterated COH2 "Road map" :

You're welcome.
10 Dec 2016, 13:11 PM

cure to cancer: Men Of War Assault Squad 2

thanks me later

*flies away*
10 Dec 2016, 13:16 PM
Donator 11

cure to cancer: Men Of War Assault Squad 2

thanks me later

*flies away*

If we wanted to play MoW we would :P TBH the only game of MoW series that was really good was Soldiers: Heroes of WW2.

Faces of War was a ridiculous mix of small scale RTS and Commandos. Men of War took that idea even further, mixing commandos with a medium scale RTS. It is well made so it's much better than it sounds, but still, nothing to write home about.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★