Login

russian armor

Including more people in the balance team

28 Nov 2016, 20:41 PM

I feel the new balance team does not fully represent the whole spectrum of the community, though it is negated by the fact that relic now holds a firm grip on decision making and tweaks(contrary to the last time when they copy pasted stuff) , still there should be more members involved.

Some of the prominent and influential fellas left out;

• Cruzz not interested to join the team

• ImperialDane Being a well known veteran of the series and one of the most popular casters who is also a decent player, he definitely could provide valuable insights for the "doers". He seems to have a better understanding of axis problems and general asymmetrical factors.

• elchino After reading his post on the official feedback thread, and when considering his even amount of matches as all factions, as well as his fairly non biased views, this guy should be in the team. Also he was likely the first guy to come up with the idea of dispersing received accuracy bonus between vet 1 and vet 2 for axis infantry.

• Vindicari On of the first guys to identify and explain the light vehicle rush meta. Equal amount of matches as all factions and a good player too.

• Fortune, BartonPL, RedwingsX Can't be assed to add an explanation at the moment.

• Cyanara Long history of valuable contributions, in all areas. Rather fair and non biased views.

• SiphonX The Big Data guy.
  • CookizNCreem Should be in team for writing all those text book guides!
  • ZombiFrancis
  • Don'tKnow
  • Budwise
  • DevM
  • Frost

new

• ShadowLinkX37
  • Ægion

I will be updating this list, but in the meantime please mention anyone you think trustworthy, following the OP format. Thanks.
28 Nov 2016, 21:28 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

If I'm not mistaken, the selection had a lot to do with knowledge of the mod tools.

Things are working really well right now in the patching world. Any of these choices could upset the dynamic (except for elchino, who has been genetically modified to never say anything non-constructive). Teams are delicate things, and even good people can ruin a good team if the chemistry isn't there.
28 Nov 2016, 21:50 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Lol, dont want to be a dick but
Am i allowed to laugh? :rofl:

I dont agree at all with all names except cruzz ^^
28 Nov 2016, 22:18 PM

whatever how good this balance team will do, there will always be a moment where relic got to put the change inside the game.

We saw what happened last time with usf mortar, miragefla made us test a good mortar and we finally get something completely OP.

so, these kind of threads are useless IMO, we are going to get something completely different from what we are testing.
28 Nov 2016, 22:24 PM
28 Nov 2016, 23:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Lol, dont want to be a dick but
Am i allowed to laugh? :rofl:

I dont agree at all with all names except cruzz ^^

Yeah fuck all those guys, specially the pseudo asian guy!

My job to contribute is just to give ideas, not to see them implemented n tested :P
PD: proposal of that PG change was like something i've saying since like 2 years ago :hyper:
28 Nov 2016, 23:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

PD: proposal of that PG change was like something i've saying since like 2 years ago :hyper:

They will love you like :hansREKT: never did :foreveralone:
28 Nov 2016, 23:24 PM

The shaddowwada is the greatest off all time tbh
29 Nov 2016, 00:11 AM

MVDane
29 Nov 2016, 02:10 AM
Benefactor 355

I apply too

It would be glorious to see you responding to every balance change question with "playercard pls" #MVGame
29 Nov 2016, 07:50 AM

BartonPL is a troll while Imperial Dane is a biased Axis fanboy.

The rest I don't know except for cruzz and elchino7, I'm all for those guys.

But there are a lot of other good modders out there, I would volunteer if Relic needed any new features implemented but competitive balance is not my thing sadly.

Plus, like someone said, I don't believe most of these people have experience with the modding tools, but the people we do know have at least one published mod on the workshop that has to do something with competitive balance.

Now I'm not trying to shit on anyone's opinion here but I think Relic should widen their scope a bit instead of it being centered on competitive balance, like I said there are a lot of good modders with good, quality mods for the game on the workshop, able to help the team a bit more.

But of course, the bigger the team the more opinion clashes and so forth, but still, if the manpower is needed and Relic aren't such stuck up bastards and let the community actually balance the game they paid for (because I certainly didn't pay for an OKW cripple ]) that'd be great.
29 Nov 2016, 08:11 AM
Patrion 15

Just let Luvnest, HelpingHans and Shadowwada do 2 patch and 1 hotfix, game is ready to rest It's eternal sleep.
29 Nov 2016, 08:24 AM

A small focus group is ideal and manageable (since it is just Kyle on Relics end)

There was a private balance alpha long ago, it turned into a cluster fuck since there were so many people involved.
29 Nov 2016, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2016, 08:11 AMruzen
Just let Luvnest, HelpingHans and Shadowwada do 2 patch and 1 hotfix, game is ready to rest It's eternal sleep.

Too bad they haven't even seen the modding tools.
29 Nov 2016, 12:06 PM

Too bad they haven't even seen the modding tools.

Having vast acknowled of the modding tools means nothing. AFAIK, the devs don't even use the modding tools for the live game, they use the their internal SDK.

Manners, a good sense of judgment, perfect acknowledge of units and ability stats, an analytical mind, respect trust of the whole active community and practicality are the characteristics which count.

Extended the list.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2016, 08:24 AMwuff
A small focus group is ideal and manageable (since it is just Kyle on Relics end)

There was a private balance alpha long ago, it turned into a cluster fuck since there were so many people involved.
2 or 3 guys, who are not fully supported by the active community, is too small.

Additionally, introducing more people would ease up the stress on the current team and improve the decision making process.
29 Nov 2016, 12:27 PM

HelpHans will probably make the game about sniper spam, scout car spam into arty spam.
29 Nov 2016, 12:44 PM

Why would u bother these pure 1v1 players (2 of them are gone) to do community patch?
29 Nov 2016, 13:13 PM

Manners, a good sense of judgment, perfect acknowledge of units and ability stats, an analytical mind, respect trust of the whole active community and practicality are the characteristics which count.

And yet you included Barton...

Honestly, this idea and the list is awful. Im sorry that i have to say it like that.

Additionally, introducing more people would ease up the stress on the current team and improve the decision making process.

No. Not. At. All.

Please forget the idea that "prominent, influental and good player" equals "good balance ideas".

Edit: And actually: Get rid of the idea that being 'prominent' should be a factor at all. Just because youre relatively unknown among the community doesent mean that you havent done much for the game so far. And thats exactly why a popular vote like this one is quite useless IMO.
29 Nov 2016, 13:48 PM
Senior Caster Badge

We don't need more people on the team, we just need more people actually playing, giving us rational and non biased feedback and posting replays to support their claims. To help out us here, there will be tournaments down the line.

Most of the feedback is just noise making it difficult to get sensible feedback, especially since there's only a handful of replays posted so far.
29 Nov 2016, 14:53 PM

Having vast acknowled of the modding tools means nothing. AFAIK, the devs don't even use the modding tools for the live game, they use the their internal SDK.

Extended the list.

2 or 3 guys, who are not fully supported by the active community, is too small.

Would it?

The community will never agree on whom would be ideal for a private alpha.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★