Login

russian armor

USF Meta Counter

24 Nov 2016, 14:04 PM

24 Nov 2016, 18:23 PM

EDIT : it works very well on most of the map, however some of the new maps which got many sight blockers make sniper micro a lot harder. resulting in defeat.

(on the other hand, usf mortar is not blocked by sight blocker so i suggest to veto the Stalingrad V2 map until balance is better, allowing us to win without sniper).
24 Nov 2016, 19:26 PM

So we have to play guerrilla tactics with a sniper in the early game to make the riflemen bleed and delay tech
24 Nov 2016, 21:04 PM
Senior Editor Badge

EDIT : it works very well on most of the map, however some of the new maps which got many sight blockers make sniper micro a lot harder. resulting in defeat.

(on the other hand, usf mortar is not blocked by sight blocker so i suggest to veto the Stalingrad V2 map until balance is better, allowing us to win without sniper).

So we have to play guerrilla tactics with a sniper in the early game to make the riflemen bleed and delay tech

Well, yeah. This is probably good for newer players; i'm not sure when either of you started playing coh2 competitively but it's impossible to beat someone of equal skill when spamming grens v rifles. This is why the USF mortar in tier 0 really hurts Ostheer because, instead of smoke grenades obscuring line of sight, you have 80mm mortar rounds killing your models.

But yeah this is a good beginner video I think.
24 Nov 2016, 23:29 PM
Patrion 14

this really belongs in strategy office.
25 Nov 2016, 15:58 PM

The video is well made but a bit of an over generalization in my opinion. I've had great success as Ostheer doing Sniper, Gren Gren Gren, or MG, Gren Gren Gren, or Mg Gren Gren MG builds. Evening opening with 2 MGs, the best counter that Ostheer has in T1 against a USF mortar is micro. If you are paying attention and using your ears, you can just out micro where the mortar is barraging.

I remember in a game against top 20 USF I did sniper gren gren gren build, and was able to be super aggressive just by dodging the mortar. I ended up skipping T2 entirely and going for a 2nd sniper and rushed a P4, which came out 1 min after the Stuart, which I forced to repair with a few fausts to buy time.

Anyway, in conclusion, I don't think Ostheer has to do 2x222 and must get MG and sniper to bleed rifles. You can basically do whatever you want, as long as you micro well and position your units well to take good engagements and to avoid mortar shells.

Just my two cents.
25 Nov 2016, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2016, 15:58 PMNosliw
The video is well made but a bit of an over generalization in my opinion. I've had great success as Ostheer doing Sniper, Gren Gren Gren, or MG, Gren Gren Gren, or Mg Gren Gren MG builds. Evening opening with 2 MGs, the best counter that Ostheer has in T1 against a USF mortar is micro. If you are paying attention and using your ears, you can just out micro where the mortar is barraging.

I remember in a game against top 20 USF I did sniper gren gren gren build, and was able to be super aggressive just by dodging the mortar. I ended up skipping T2 entirely and going for a 2nd sniper and rushed a P4, which came out 1 min after the Stuart, which I forced to repair with a few fausts to buy time.

Anyway, in conclusion, I don't think Ostheer has to do 2x222 and must get MG and sniper to bleed rifles. You can basically do whatever you want, as long as you micro well and position your units well to take good engagements and to avoid mortar shells.

Just my two cents.

In short, if you micro/outplay your opponent, you can do whatever you want. :p
25 Nov 2016, 18:16 PM

How many kills does a sniper needs to be effective? I tried it yesterday against penal spam with relative succes (it becomes easier for grens to beat them)

A list of the reinforcement costs for each allied unit would be usefull to maximize our harassement
25 Nov 2016, 18:35 PM

How many kills does a sniper needs to be effective? I tried it yesterday against penal spam with relative succes (it becomes easier for grens to beat them)

A list of the reinforcement costs for each allied unit would be usefull to maximize our harassement

Going mostly by memory here, so corrections are super welcome, USF list here.

Rear Echelons, Officer Squad Members: 25
Riflemen, Paratroopers, Weapon Teams: 28
Rangers, Engineers, Vehicle Crews: 33
Pathfinders: 37
Major: 40
LT, Cap: 50
25 Nov 2016, 20:30 PM

Going mostly by memory here, so corrections are super welcome, USF list here.

Rear Echelons, Officer Squad Members: 25
Riflemen, Paratroopers, Weapon Teams: 28
Rangers, Engineers, Vehicle Crews: 33
Pathfinders: 37
Major: 40
LT, Cap: 50

it's not as simple as that btw,
when your gren fight against a rifleman squad they often loose models and need to get reinforced. A sniper doesn't loose models, so i'd say that after having killed for 200 mp of ennemy models, your sniper is effective.

And yeah i agree that micro is a counter to mortar, but gren are mostly effective at long range behind a cover -> get insta killed by mortar.

if you try to always keep mooving them, their accuracy is shit and riflemen squad still wreck them.
25 Nov 2016, 21:08 PM

it's not as simple as that btw,
when your gren fight against a rifleman squad they often loose models and need to get reinforced. A sniper doesn't loose models, so i'd say that after having killed for 200 mp of ennemy models, your sniper is effective.

And yeah i agree that micro is a counter to mortar, but gren are mostly effective at long range behind a cover -> get insta killed by mortar.

if you try to always keep mooving them, their accuracy is shit and riflemen squad still wreck them.

Replied to the wrong post, I think.
25 Nov 2016, 21:18 PM

yay, anyway with the new balance patch incoming, this thread is now useless.
no need anymore to go sniper to counter usf, even more with its nerf (cloack time).
26 Nov 2016, 14:21 PM

yay, anyway with the new balance patch incoming, this thread is now useless.
no need anymore to go sniper to counter usf, even more with its nerf (cloack time).

The cheaper M20 too, even if it's Point Blank accuracy was nerfed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★