Login

russian armor

Relic, you're doing all right.

26 Jul 2013, 09:23 AM

Great post, great game.

Unfortunately I have been very disappointed by the overly negative community response. I'm hoping the community will get better because I love the game and I'm not going to stop playing it.
26 Jul 2013, 09:39 AM

true sight is awsome ty relic
single player was good the mission with the first t34 was awsome
multipayer is awsome
work with the community is great
balance patches were good
gameplay is fast and fun

I love this game
Ewo
26 Jul 2013, 11:22 AM

Sure there are quirks to fix, but the game as a whole has really stolen all my free time and I don't think that will change anytime soon. So thanks Relic, you guys did a good job on the game. Now we just need to have Saint Dogbert rid the community of the demons of stupidity and hopefully we'll see a few good patches.
26 Jul 2013, 11:24 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Best looking models and physics of any RTS, ever? That's not a stretch to say. If it can be balanced, and some core features added (ladders, lobbies, obsmode, UI improvements), I think we'll be in business.
26 Jul 2013, 12:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 04:21 AMUGBEAR
hum.....I think patch rate should rise a little bit, or just give us something for like every 2 week?

Well, in terms of balance patching, maybe every month?

But I agree, if something is broken, it needs to be fixed...
27 Jul 2013, 16:49 PM

Nice thread!

Relic spoiled the community with CoH so it was always gonna be hard for the sequel to follow up on that. Gameplay wise i think they nailed it with CoH2, not to mention the visuals and sound. I trust Relic will give the game all the love it needs with tweaking and patching for years to come.

Good job

27 Jul 2013, 16:52 PM

Glad to see a thread like this. Relic is working hard away at what needs to be done. Thanks guys.
27 Jul 2013, 16:56 PM

Permanently Banned
I think/hope we can expect a patch around every 4 weeks.

That, atleast, was the precedent in DoW2 up to its end of support, even with a smaller team.

Patience, dudes!

As far as Ive seen from livestreams (whixh is very cool) from PQ and Piero, interest and activity in the Devs is very high, involed and attentive (particulsrly to this forum).

I anticipate next patch SOON (ie: probably next week).
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 27 Jul 2013, 20:01 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Thanks guys, great to hear such kind words. Hopefully things get a bit better early next week!
27 Jul 2013, 20:03 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

And the cat is out of the bag! w00t B-)
27 Jul 2013, 20:16 PM
Patrion 14

Played this game in total over 200 hrs, and I wouldnt play that much if I didnt like it. Really enjoy this game, and like it better than coh1. Think relic has patched in a good pace this far. Some features still missing, but I am confident many of those features will be in the game sooner or later.
27 Jul 2013, 23:10 PM

Glad to hear it Pqumsieh! You're my favorite!
28 Jul 2013, 00:04 AM

I agree that I'm happy with what I'm seeing from CoH2. I agree with Ami that the ToW has great promise but us CoH veterans need some harder missions to make getting that 100% on ToW a true challenge.

Other than that I truly enjoy the true sight and cold tech. I know some people think the cold tech isn't needed but on the Eastern front it truly adds immersion and something to build your gameplay around. The true sight has provided some interesting surprises when you round that corner and see a Tiger facing off with your conscripts. Time to retreat.

I also think the guys at Relic are a great bunch and have truly only been hearing the bad. Those of us that are happy are too busy playing. I had the privilege to meet many of them play testing in Vancouver. Props to all the guys at Relic like Jasen Torres, Matt Philip and Maxwell Hanneman to name a few and also to those that grace us on the forums like Noun (Jeff) and Quinn of course. I've had so many free sandwiches and pops while play testing they quit inviting me back. Thanks guys.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 28 Jul 2013, 00:27 AM

Thanks guys.

It's good to hear.

Every game community has a small negative faction, and they always tend to be the most vocal. So we all appreciate hearing good stuff, especially me who tends to be the one people yell at first. Though I think Quinn may have passed me in threats this week.

We're super proud of the game but everyone knows that we set a damn high bar with CoH. Our goal is to surpass it, and we'll get there. Be patient with us. CoH didn't get to the awesome place it ended up in a month, or even a year. That was a long journey, one I got to be a part of at the end.

I'm happy to be on this journey with Relic and with you guys.

Keep improving the game by giving us fucking great feedback and we'll do our best to live up to what you deserve.
28 Jul 2013, 06:28 AM
Donator 22

So I wanted to add some positivity. I really enjoy this game - 3 weeks in and I've nearly got 100 hours of playtime, and with my busy schedule that's no small feat.

yip, totally agree, thank you relic!, good to see a thread like this
28 Jul 2013, 07:26 AM

I pay 50€ please work harder and faster!
28 Jul 2013, 08:38 AM

I'm loving the game and have every faith in Relic following through. They have a history of supporting their games very very well, and it sounds like Sega gives them even more flexibility than they've had in the past. It's impossible to meet everyone's expectations (particularly with timing), but they're clearly working towards solving some of the bigger outstanding issues presently.

Keep up the good work Relic.
28 Jul 2013, 08:54 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I dont know the future of coh2, but in my humble view:
- Campaign & ToW and not this exact the difficulty.
- ToW should be focused by the time to do something as Last Stand of DOW2 where there is an automatch and can be played by people.
- Both have failures due to the fact that his original design was with the commanders in the buldings, instead of call in.
28 Jul 2013, 09:15 AM

Yeah they are doing pretty well for the game, I agree.

Some gameplay mechanics still get me angry though, primarily around inconsistancy, flanking and cover but they have acknowledged these mistakes. If it wasn't for them being active within the community and reassuring us I don't think I would be playing half as much.

This.

Atm I'm really enjoying 2v2, and will try 1v1 out again after the patch ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★