Login

russian armor

Relic, you're doing all right.

25 Jul 2013, 08:51 AM

Every day when I look at the forum I see someone saying that Relic has done something wrong.

And I suppose you do have a right to, as everyone has their opinions. But, as days go by, I can't help but see that almost every post is negative; saying something's been done wrong. Very rarely do I see someone say that Relic's done a good job.

So I wanted to add some positivity. I really enjoy this game - 3 weeks in and I've nearly got 100 hours of playtime, and with my busy schedule that's no small feat.

So please, post here and tell Relic some great and fun times you've had playing this game and say that you like it. I know I do.
25 Jul 2013, 08:59 AM
Patrion 26

I liked the Stess test beta when my opponents PAK bugged and lost him the game =)
25 Jul 2013, 09:06 AM

Permanently Banned
Id be a lot happier with somekind of Roadmap or information on dates on projected dates of patches.
25 Jul 2013, 09:23 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Haters will always cry louder than happy people. The happy ones most likely just play instead of wasting their energy, repeating the same negative posts in every other thread
25 Jul 2013, 09:34 AM
Patrion 26

Haters will always cry louder than happy people. The happy ones most likely just play instead of wasting their energy, repeating the same negative posts in every other thread

It was a joke =) I appreciate the hard work Relic has done and I believe they will only make this game better in the upcoming years =)
25 Jul 2013, 10:38 AM

If they gonna fix coh1, i would quote this topic too :)
25 Jul 2013, 10:46 AM

Well, Relic is very creative studio, and game mechanics is very interesting.
Blizzards, true sight - love them the most.
25 Jul 2013, 12:19 PM

Nice to see a positive thread. Have some internet points. Not had time to play it myself in the last week or so, but I and a couple of mates enjoy the game we when can all get the time to get together. A few niggles, sure, but largely fun.
25 Jul 2013, 13:23 PM

Every day when I look at the forum I see someone saying that Relic has done something wrong.

And I suppose you do have a right to, as everyone has their opinions. But, as days go by, I can't help but see that almost every post is negative; saying something's been done wrong. Very rarely do I see someone say that Relic's done a good job.

So I wanted to add some positivity. I really enjoy this game - 3 weeks in and I've nearly got 100 hours of playtime, and with my busy schedule that's no small feat.

So please, post here and tell Relic some great and fun times you've had playing this game and say that you like it. I know I do.

Here you go: http://www.relic.com/work-at-relic/
25 Jul 2013, 13:39 PM

i hate you relic. your unbalanced games, is not like im having fun.

you know, i had some extra money and just saw your games. you need money don't you?

just take the money you b-baka!
25 Jul 2013, 13:54 PM

I never played the first Company of Heroes, though I loved Dawn of War and DoW2. I was fortunate enough to get into one of (?) the Alpha stress tests, and the closed beta, and kind of fell in love. I really enjoy the aspect of actually "capturing" areas of the map instead of just points as in the DOW games, and I really enjoy the game's more sedate pacing (I was a pretty big SC2 player last year).

I consider myself not a good enough player to comment on balance, and have yet (aside from a couple of really bad run-ins with that German strafing run thing) to feel like I've lost for any reason other than my own mistakes or those of my team.

As a newbie, I still feel like I have tons to learn, but I keep coming back, even when losing, because the gameplay itself captivates me and drives me to learn the game better.
25 Jul 2013, 15:36 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I've been enjoying the Theater of War. I've got one more solo AI battle and then I've completed it. Some of the maps are quite beautiful. OFC I'm sad that so many resources were put into ToW and not into Multiplayer, but I'm trying to have a little faith in Relic's plan. Hopefully many new players will enjoy the ToW and it will be a stepping stone for them to get into the competitive scene.

There are only a few missions that are challenging on the "General" setting. I hope the future ToW releases will be much more difficult. We players love a good challenge, even against the AI! Some really difficult side missions would be ace, like the old "rescue the sniper from behind enemy lines" from the D-Day custom co-op mod for COH1.
25 Jul 2013, 15:47 PM
Donator 11

They are doing just "alright" not great though in my opinion, but I have faith for the future, I just hope they do not disappoint me.
25 Jul 2013, 16:08 PM

I think relic is doing what they should be doing. They can't really just machine gun patches out everyday with balance changes. Slow and steady this method will help the game become great. I work at a software company and basically patches come out (if the customers are lucky) every month or longer. There's tons of testing that has to be done in any software situation. I don't think a lot of people in the forums realize this.

However, on another note after ~300 hours of alpha beta and the actual release I have to say I've taken a break and am just waiting for these balance patches to roll in. I play with the new patch for a few days - a week, decide if I like it, and then go from there. The last patch changes were in the right direction but it wasn't enough to keep me coming for more. There are some cheesey game mechanics that are keeping me from liking the game as much as I want to, like the scout cars with snipers and flamers, strafe spam, the way flanking isn't rewarded, some linear teching due to balance, and building strength. All of these things (I think) will get fixed in the future, but for now I'm just a floater. Thankfully the steam summer sale loaded me with enough games to keep me busy for a month or two hehe.

Keep up the good work relic, but try to get this thing rolling so I can love your game like I know I will :)
25 Jul 2013, 16:30 PM

Have over 250 hours invested, wouldnt play it if it wasnt good
Keep it up
Cheers
25 Jul 2013, 16:33 PM

The game needs a lot of work. It's OK for now but I don't believe it can have any meaningful longevity at this rate.

I don't know the circumstances on Relic's side, but I can only assume they were in dire straits and are doing the best they can with what they have.
26 Jul 2013, 03:54 AM

QFT.
26 Jul 2013, 04:20 AM

Yeah they are doing pretty well for the game, I agree.

Some gameplay mechanics still get me angry though, primarily around inconsistancy, flanking and cover but they have acknowledged these mistakes. If it wasn't for them being active within the community and reassuring us I don't think I would be playing half as much.
26 Jul 2013, 04:21 AM

hum.....I think patch rate should rise a little bit, or just give us something for like every 2 week?
raw
26 Jul 2013, 09:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 04:21 AMUGBEAR
hum.....I think patch rate should rise a little bit, or just give us something for like every 2 week?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★