Login

russian armor

How ELO works: Question

22 Nov 2016, 21:10 PM

For people who know how ELO works, rankings wise, I have a question.

I recently played a couple Top 50 OKW players in a 2v2 with a teammate who was unranked, he was playing as Soviets. He was ranked 550 with another faction and that was his only placement.

My question is, does the ELO system take into account your teammate's rank when you finish a game? As in, if I lose with this trash ass player on my team will it affect me less? And if I win with said player, will my ranks go up more because the matchup was lopsided and we somehow won?

Thanks
22 Nov 2016, 23:50 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Thing is: When you see Unranked, there is sill a hidden Elo.

And yes, when you are playing with a random 400 vs 2 100 and you are 100 as well, you get more point, instead of, when your mate was 50.

Same works , when you are losing.

But don't forget you get points for a game. So you can win a game and still have the same Position.

And when you stop playing a modus, you get "H" after 1 month and there is a Ladderdecay. But they nerfed it as i know. So its not so hard, like in other games ( League of Legends for example)
nee
23 Nov 2016, 00:10 AM

Remind me again, what is ELO?
23 Nov 2016, 00:10 AM

relic doesnt give a damn if you where matched unfairly. if u lose with a sub-par side it counts as any other loss.
23 Nov 2016, 01:13 AM

If your teammate is unranked, his elo is likely very low, so losing to very highly ranked players won't have much of an impact. High ranks gain little from beating low ranks but lose a ton if they lose to them, and vice versa. You can look up elo on Wikipedia for a more thorough explanation of how it works.

I have a sneaking suspicion that random 2v2 teams get a small elo bump vs arranged teams...
23 Nov 2016, 19:46 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I wish Relic would just show us our own ELO and that of our opponents and team-mates. It's not a security risk. I imagine they have two weak reasons to not show ELO:

1. They don't want wimps to quit if they see they are matched against higher ELO players.

2. They think that their matchmaking system could be abused if people knew the nuts and bolts of elo gains or losses.

Both are illegitimate reasons, in my opinion. There is nothing more rewarding than seeing exactly how many points you gained after winning a match. It's even more rewarding when you see that your upset of a higher ranked opponent gained you more than average points. This reason alone... which is concrete incentive to play the game, far outweighs those last two reasons.
23 Nov 2016, 20:09 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I wish Relic would just show us our own ELO and that of our opponents and team-mates. It's not a security risk. I imagine they have two weak reasons to not show ELO:

1. They don't want wimps to quit if they see they are matched against higher ELO players.

2. They think that their matchmaking system could be abused if people knew the nuts and bolts of elo gains or losses.

Both are illegitimate reasons, in my opinion. There is nothing more rewarding than seeing exactly how many points you gained after winning a match. It's even more rewarding when you see that your upset of a higher ranked opponent gained you more than average points. This reason alone... which is concrete incentive to play the game, far outweighs those last two reasons.

Atleast Celo works :)
23 Nov 2016, 20:18 PM

Atleast Celo works :)

Now only the game and balance need to work properly:foreveralone:
23 Nov 2016, 21:56 PM

Yeah, that's a stupid reason indeed.

What do you have in mind?

I would like to see actual numbers too.
23 Nov 2016, 23:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

They hide "stars" from faceplates.
Good luck having a proper rank show up prior to starting a game.
24 Nov 2016, 15:52 PM

They hide "stars" from faceplates.
Good luck having a proper rank show up prior to starting a game.

For good reason. Some people alt F4 seeing that the opponents share clan tags. That's how weak and easily intimidated some are.
25 Nov 2016, 11:23 AM

The matchmaking system at the moment is dreadful. I wish it would go back to how it was.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★