Login

russian armor

What do you think of RELIC ?

What is your global opinion on COH 2 support by relic ?
Option Distribution Votes
31%
49%
5%
16%
Total votes: 103
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
5 Nov 2016, 16:24 PM

The goal of this topic is to have a clear, constructive and non-biased view of the way RELIC is seen through coh 2 community.

-> what are they doing right ?
-> What are they doing wrong ?

What is your review on the relic communication.

In your opinion, what would relic have to change ?

The result of this clear, constructive and non-biased survey will be sent directly to Relic HQ and posted on coh2 main forum
In the aim to provide feedback to relic and make them aware of their lackness.

The is a minority of people who got the bravery to rise up and criticize relic, those have often been muted , banned or worse (Katitof, you remain in our heart :()

i have no doubt you will all remain peacefull and prevent this thread from geting locked by pigsoup;
5 Nov 2016, 17:04 PM
Patrion 14

You show 'em boii
5 Nov 2016, 17:12 PM

This some kind of joke?:huh:
Vaz
5 Nov 2016, 17:15 PM

I'm going to go with good, there are some things I would like to see them improve on, but considering the age of this game and they are still supporting it, that is more than other developers would commit to.
5 Nov 2016, 18:10 PM
Patrion 14

just don't name individual developer to get a hate train on.

voted no btw. they did support the game for 3 years but some of the no brainer ideas by community was simply not taken up for some reason. i think it was because they were too cautious of the community directly influencing the path of their game.

i.e. implementing miragefla's changes. that sort of action shouldve happened a long ago and even when it did happen, some of miragefla's most non-bias changes like turning off collision on flagpoles was not implemented...
5 Nov 2016, 18:13 PM
Donator 11

5 Nov 2016, 18:38 PM

i must admit i'm quite surprised by the 40/60% ratio.
But still, except pigsoup, you didn't really tell us why is relic support good or bad.

personally, i'm quite 50/50 because yeah after 3 years, they are still supporting it BUT considering i paid a game 50€ (bought in 2013) i was excepting a game balanced.

i feel like they are still finalizing the game 3 years after.
5 Nov 2016, 19:32 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I always keep in mind, that Relic can make much more with their resources.

Usually i compare Relic with Eugen Systems. Eugen systems take money only for game, all their DLC before 2016 were free, their Wargame series is one game, that evolved 3 times. They have made balance between more that 10 nations and coalitions, between 1 vs 1 up to 10 vs 10 games.

That's why i criticize Relic, because i know companys, where developers with less money make much more and better. Where developers realy like their games!

P.S. It doesn't mean, that i don't like Company of Heroes. It is still one of my favorite games. But it can be better, much bettersovietssoviets
5 Nov 2016, 19:35 PM

I WAS a loyal fanboy of Relic, even in the face of all of CoH's flaws and Men of War fanboys, I defended the first game and franchise in general.

I got the Deluxe Edition of CoH 2 since I thought I would be supporting Relic, I further got MOST of the commander DLCs for the game, meaning twice the Deluxe Edition's price.

I stuck with the game until now, hopeful that Relic would pull through THQ's departure, faithful that they will change for the better, improve the game, balance, optimization, make it an improved CoH.

There was such a promise for me, once, the promise of support for 5 years as well, with all of the added delay and bullshit, I'd say it's half that.

And what I mean by that is I'm not counting the 3 months plus between each patch, not hotfix. The number of hotfix needed to actually fix this bullshit doesn't probably exist.

That is why, I am no longer a fan of Relic and the game in general, to me, they failed, it's a half-assed and unfinished project with no near end in sight.
5 Nov 2016, 19:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2016, 17:15 PMVaz
I'm going to go with good, there are some things I would like to see them improve on, but considering the age of this game and they are still supporting it, that is more than other developers would commit to.

They are neither supporting it nor committed to it.
5 Nov 2016, 20:35 PM

Obviously theyve made some great games so thats a BIG yes. And obviously they are blind to the fact theyve made great games as the support is too low at the moment. So yes and no.
5 Nov 2016, 21:18 PM
Donator 11

I'm shocked there are so many people voting "bad". What are you guys even doing here? Are you masochist?
5 Nov 2016, 21:25 PM

Overall, love the game and the series, this is why we are here. Is there room for improvement in certain areas? Yes.
5 Nov 2016, 22:33 PM

I think they're Lelic not Relic :Kappa:
5 Nov 2016, 22:50 PM

"constructive"

As to Relic, they are a PC game developer based in Vancouver, Canada, but spelling is more important than video games.
6 Nov 2016, 00:23 AM
Patrion 14

I'm shocked there are so many people voting "bad". What are you guys even doing here? Are you masochist?

i voted bad, but its more like "i wish there was a bit more support, communication". but if i had to answer to the thread title as is, its an obvious yes.
6 Nov 2016, 00:56 AM
Donator 11

i voted bad, but its more like "i wish there was a bit more support, communication". but if i had to answer to the thread title as is, its an obvious yes.

Then I think the poll means nothing, if everybody understands the question in different way. Just an observation.
6 Nov 2016, 01:10 AM

Then I think the poll means nothing, if everybody understands the question in different way. Just an observation.

ferwiner, you didn't get it.
First we need a maximum of votes on the pool, so it give it some credits.
Then, i resume the main reasons why people voted 'yes' or 'no' and give them to relic.

i don't give a shit if people vote "yes", "no" or even "i don t play coh2" as long as they vote and tell us WHY.

that's the 'why' which will help relic to improve and maybe do something.

FiloZverino : gramar nazie are note welcom one this tread.
6 Nov 2016, 02:15 AM
Patrion 14

well, its a fan site. so if you are here in the first place, it means relic did something right by every active user on the ORG. i think most people read it the way i read it.
Phy
6 Nov 2016, 08:35 AM

Let the hate flow boys.

Imo we should create a new word to express how bad relic did its job with coh2. Coh2 is a game that COULD be -in real terms- an awesome and competitive game. Plenty of solutions have been made or suggested by community -copy pasta if you can't do it by yourself-. But relic decided to let the game die.

End of story. Sad but true.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS