Login

russian armor

Coh2 Balance Feedback Form

4 Nov 2016, 22:20 PM

Do you have an opinion about the state of balance in COH2? Do you want to share that opinion with Relic?

Well look no further! If you feel a particular, faction, unit, commander, ability, etc. is negatively affecting balance in some way, then please fill out our Balance Feedback Form now!

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/243272/balance-feedback-form

Hint: you can submit more than one form.
5 Nov 2016, 03:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Feels like a waste of time/effort when they already made a thread listing what roughly are already the issues in the game and made people vote about it.

It feels like they need somehow a validation on what has already been "discussed" on that thread, which ends up to be futile cause that form is flaw (anyone can submit as much votes as he wants).
Vaz
5 Nov 2016, 14:51 PM

This is not a waste, this is something they should have been doing for a long time now. With this form they can begin building a proper database and actually organize this information to prioritize what the community really feels is bother them.

This is like the difference between having a crowd clap for choices (where whatever gets the loudest clapping wins) and actual votes where the votes are counted and given a numerical number.

The way things work now is absolute fucking chaos. If balance bothers someone, they go to whatever forum and bitch, hoping to gain the support of others. This results in opinions spread over multiple forums, multiple forum topics within each forum, and often the same people visiting each one.

Tell me, how the hell is it humanely possible to go after things objectively in this manner without bias? Sometimes there are things that are just obvious and have unanimous support. Other times, it's hard to see.

Making this database will allow Relic to organize this data properly and formally to address the needs of the community. This intelligent use of data is something I want more of from Relic and other game developers, who already need strong data programming skills to make their product to begin with.
5 Nov 2016, 15:06 PM

They need to have options that actually reflect the current game.

It seems this was made many months ago before the last wave of UKF commanders were released and flamethrowers went to Rear Echelon.
Vaz
5 Nov 2016, 15:45 PM

They may be doing that on the back-end. The google form is pretty simplistic and I'm not sure how they are handling the form submissions, but I hope that they are entering them into a larger database. That database should be able to stamp the current game version to each submission received. Then they would be able to sort balance complaints by patch.
5 Nov 2016, 16:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2016, 14:51 PMVaz
Tell me, how the hell is it humanely possible to go after things objectively in this manner without bias? Sometimes there are things that are just obvious and have unanimous support. Other times, it's hard to see.

Making this database will allow Relic to organize this data properly and formally to address the needs of the community. This intelligent use of data is something I want more of from Relic and other game developers, who already need strong data programming skills to make their product to begin with.

The thing is, you do this kind of things FIRST and then you make a thread (using that info) on what people seems to have issues with and make them vote. Not the other way round :loco:

The intention is not bad, rather than i think the implementation is bad. If you want this kind of raw all over the place feedback, why not use the ingame poll system ?

PD: talking about database. Rip Cuddletronic.
Vaz
5 Nov 2016, 17:00 PM

Voting has it's place in all this, I think it should be done. However, it is not something that is superior to collecting this information into a database. I don't know your experience with database, but if you have not built and used your own then you likely don't have the full grasp of the information power they yield with good data.

Allowing people to state the things that bother them most, organizing it into a database, and then using that data to find the most commonly reported issues with the current patch would be way more effective at finding priority issues than a thread on multiple forums. You need to keep in mind that Relic has limited time to monitor forums. The database is much better on time then monitoring forums. 1 good query and all the information is revealed.

Now they will likely come up with more issues than they can fix, so this is where voting is good, because then they can present the top 5 - 10 issues in forum threads and let people vote on what they want prioritized. So what you're saying isn't bad, I just disagree that it's the best choice as a starting point in this process, considering time, cost, and scope goals for releasing free updates.

I would however, like to see the data collection actually linked to users. This would prevent someone from submitting the same issue over and over again (with the right query of course). It would also prevent people who do not own the game from voting. Organization is key here.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★